The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr Z
Good stats :smile:

Anyone heard anything regarding interviews yet?

I know it's a bit early and they recently got our UKCATs but some unis have already started giving out interviews so just wondering.

I emailed them and they said they'd start giving them out towards the end of November, for interview dates in December and January.
Reply 81
Applied as an undergraduate with 1 A*, 7As and 4 Bs in GCSEs. UKCAT 745 Band 2. Predicted AAB in Alevels and just recieved an email saying that I have been rejected because I didn’t meet the entry criteria. They offered alternate courses though: BSc Biomedical Science & BSc Medical Science.
Original post by SouhaH
Applied as an undergraduate with 1 A*, 7As and 4 Bs in GCSEs. UKCAT 745 Band 2. Predicted AAB in Alevels and just recieved an email saying that I have been rejected because I didn’t meet the entry criteria. They offered alternate courses though: BSc Biomedical Science & BSc Medical Science.

Sorry to hear that, did you send in your WAMS forms so that AAB will be accepted?
Original post by SouhaH

Did you fill in the wams form im so anxious now, i filled it in and am predicted AAB
Reply 84
Original post by HamedxAli
Sorry to hear that, did you send in your WAMS forms so that AAB will be accepted?

No I didn’t send the WAMS form as my living situation / the fact that I go to a grammar school makes me ineligible to apply for widening access. I don’t meet any of the criteria to apply through that pathway.
Original post by SouhaH
No I didn’t send the WAMS form as my living situation / the fact that I go to a grammar school makes me ineligible to apply for widening access. I don’t meet any of the criteria to apply through that pathway.

Ah ok, well then you didn't meet the entry requirements of AAA then, regardless of GCSE/UKCAT. Hopefully you have researched your other options more thoroughly and you meet the entry requirements for them
Reply 86
Original post by Bmd28
They said the minimum is 620. But I'm not sure if it includes widening participation candidates as well.

Hope the cut off be less for 2019 entry.
Reply 87
Original post by SouhaH

don't let this rejection bring your hopes of being a doctor down. You can do it! just focus on your A levels because predictions are just predictions and you can achieve much higher! Did you have a back up plan and where else did you apply?

I know rejections are hard to deal with but stay positive and focus on what matters (your A levels)
:smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Dr Z
don't let this rejection bring your hopes of being a doctor down. You can do it! just focus on your A levels because predictions are just predictions and you can achieve much higher! Did you have a back up plan and where else did you apply?

I know rejections are hard to deal with but stay positive and focus on what matters (your A levels)
:smile:

Thank you for the much needed motivation ! I am aiming to hopefully achieve AAA on results day and am considering taking a gap year and reapplying if that is the case.

I applied at:

Anglia Ruskin
Medicine (May ask for the alternate offer of biomedical science as a back up)

Nottingham
Medicine (I have heard that they often offer alternate courses if criteria is not met)

Keele
Medicine (They don’t use predictions)

St George’s
Biomedical Science

King’s (KCL)
Biomedical Science
Offer recieved for AAB!
Reply 89
Original post by SouhaH
Thank you for the much needed motivation ! I am aiming to hopefully achieve AAA on results day and am
considering taking a gap year and reapplying if that is the case.

I applied at:

Anglia Ruskin

Nottingham
Medicine (I have heard that they often offer alternate courses if criteria is not met)

Keele

St George’s
Biomedical Science

King’s (KCL)
Biomedical Science
Offer recieved for AAB!

Sorry to hear that. Can I please ask are you from East of England/ Essex?
Reply 90
Original post by Siaa
Sorry to hear that. Can I please ask are you from East of England/ Essex?

Yes I am from Essex and have been educated (secondary & sixth form) here aswell.
Reply 91
Original post by SouhaH
Thank you for the much needed motivation ! I am aiming to hopefully achieve AAA on results day and am considering taking a gap year and reapplying if that is the case.

I applied at:

Anglia Ruskin

Nottingham

Keele

St George’s
Biomedical Science

King’s (KCL)
Biomedical Science
Offer recieved for AAB!

That’s great! There’s a world of opportunities for you- an offer from kings is amazing! I know this is as weird question but are you considering grad entry med (just asking because you’ve applied to two non med courses)
Good luck with all your other options! :thumbsup:
Reply 92
Original post by SouhaH

Was your predicted B in chemistry/biology?
Wish you all the best in future.
Original post by SouhaH
Yes I am from Essex and have been educated (secondary & sixth form) here aswell.

Did you do the Postcode check? I live in Essex too and went to a top Grammar school in Chelmsford and still qualified for WAMS at ABB. There are 9 or so criteria and you only need to meet one.
Reply 94
Original post by Dr Z
That’s great! There’s a world of opportunities for you- an offer from kings is amazing! I know this is as weird question but are you considering grad entry med (just asking because you’ve applied to two non med courses)
Good luck with all your other options! :thumbsup:

Yes I think GEM is the route that I am planning on taking. Both St George’s and ARU have internal transfer schemes set up so I may opt for one of those. But yes, I’m very happy with the King’s offer and if I end up going there I would also apply for GEM.
Reply 95
Original post by Siaa
Was your predicted B in chemistry/biology?
Wish you all the best in future.

I got predicted: A in chemistry, A in biology & B in Maths. These were all based off of year 12 internal exams as we didn’t do AS exams.
Reply 96
Original post by Bibi King
Did you do the Postcode check? I live in Essex too and went to a top Grammar school in Chelmsford and still qualified for WAMS at ABB. There are 9 or so criteria and you only need to meet one.

Yes I did do the postcode check. I go to a grammar school in Southend and it said that I wouldn’t qualify. As I don’t live near the school either I checked my hoe postcode aswell but that didn’t qualify either.
Reply 97
Original post by Pkachu
Did you have a look at Aston?

How did you do the postcode check?

I did look at Aston & went to the open day. For their criteria I do qualify through the postcode checked but you need to meet at least 2 criteria which I didn’t.

For ARU i used the POLAR4 postcode checker and I did not qualify. My postcode had a 3 in both sections and the ARU website said that my postcode was ineligible.
Reply 98
Did anyone hear anything from them ?
Reply 99
Original post by Medicine applica
Did anyone hear anything from them ?

Nope! nothing yet. Have you heard anything from them?

Latest

Trending

Trending