The Student Room Group

Am I right in saying ~"Problem-solving is the corner-stone of Computer Science"??

It's for my personal statement...
"cornerstone" is one word, and "computer science" isn't capitalised as it's not a proper noun

If you mean in terms of accuracy, debatable. I don't think it's wrong, but there are plenty of other things you could argue are foundational to CS, such as abstraction.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
"cornerstone" is one word, and "computer science" isn't capitalised as it's not a proper noun

If you mean in terms of accuracy, debatable. I don't think it's wrong, but there are plenty of other things you could argue are foundational to CS, such as abstraction.

okay instead of saying "the" cornerstone it'd be more appropriate to say "a" cornerstone.
Original post by S_Sabdi
okay instead of saying "the" cornerstone it'd be more appropriate to say "a" cornerstone.

Perhaps, the phrasing is maybe a little awkward though...maybe see what the PS review team think from the PS review forum?

Bear in mind also that anything you post here will be cached by google and picked up by the anti-plagiarism software UCAS uses :s
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
Perhaps, the phrasing is maybe a little awkward though...maybe see what the PS review team think from the PS review thread?

Bear in mind also that anything you post here will be cached by google and picked up by the anti-plagiarism software UCAS uses :s

Oooooh damn did not know that... Thanks for the help tho!
Original post by S_Sabdi
Oooooh damn did not know that... Thanks for the help tho!

It's best to go through the PS review forum for that reason, as they can give you feedback on your PS without it getting saved and then coming up incorrectly as plagiarism!

Quick Reply

Latest