Birmingham
Visit website

Aston university interview Optometry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indyyyy
@_aliyahh.k @laurenglazer_x
When did you guys send off your UCAS?
I have an interview too, when's your Manchester Interview Aliyah

28th November, it clashed with my Aston interview date. How about yours?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Indyyyy
@_aliyahh.k @laurenglazer_x
When did you guys send off your UCAS?
I have an interview too, when's your Manchester Interview Aliyah

And I sent my UCAS off like 2/3 weeks ago I think. Ive got 3 offers and 2 interviews.
Original post by _aliyahh.k
28th November, it clashed with my Aston interview date. How about yours?

Yeah same, my Manchester one is on the 28th too at 13.15
Original post by Indyyyy
Yeah same, my Manchester one is on the 28th too at 13.15

omg same mines is also at 13:15. How are you preparing for it? The reason I'm a bit nervous is because our college offered an interview evening for 50 people and the course you wanted to do. So I was selected and it was with the professor of optometry at Manchester and she was really nice but she asked a few challenging questions which you had to think about.
omg same mines is also at 13:15. How are you preparing for it? The reason I'm a bit nervous is because our college offered an interview evening for 50 people and the course you wanted to do. So I was selected and it was with the professor of optometry at Manchester and she was really nice but she asked a few challenging questions which you had to think about.

Yeah, I've heard UoM's interview isn't as easy as some of the others! By the way I've rearranged mine for the 5th December so I can go to Aston on the 28th.

@laurenglazer_x I'll be going on the 28th are you a PM or AM slot?

Btw, the main thread his here guys>>>

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5567278&p=80601470&page=6&highlight=#post80601470
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Indyyyy
Yeah, I've heard UoM's interview isn't as easy as some of the others! By the way I've rearranged mine for the 5th December so I can go to Aston on the 28th.

@laurenglazer_x I'll be going on the 28th are you a PM or AM slot?

Btw, the main thread his here guys>>>

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5567278&p=80601470&page=6&highlight=#post80601470

Mines at 13:15, how about you?
Original post by laurenglazer_x
Mines at 13:15, how about you?

Ah same! See you then 😊
Original post by Indyyyy
Ah same! See you then 😊

Ah good! Im so glad I’ve found someone who will be there too, I’m so nervous ngl. What are you doing to prepare? 😮
I haven’t had it yet, mine is November 28, do you have one too? When is yours??

How was the interiew? What was it like? What sort of questions did they ask?
supeeeer stressed, sorry x
Original post by sam_smith
How was the interiew? What was it like? What sort of questions did they ask?
supeeeer stressed, sorry x

Was honestly so fine, just ask you questions about why you want to study optom and why Aston. More of a conversation than an interview. You will be fine!!
Was honestly so fine, just ask you questions about why you want to study optom and why Aston. More of a conversation than an interview. You will be fine!!

Thankyouu so much, was there a group task? How long did the whole thing takee?
Reply 31
What kind of things did they ask in your optometry aston interview?

Sure :smile:
Reply 32
Will you also please tell me how the interview is overall too and the hardest questions they ask you? I'm scared for my Manchester interview too.

hey what did aston ask in the interview? thanks
Hi Alliyah I know this was a year ago but I’ve been offered an interview for next month I was just wondering what kind of questions came up in yours so I’m kinda prepared
Original post by _.ammarahh
Hi Alliyah I know this was a year ago but I’ve been offered an interview for next month I was just wondering what kind of questions came up in yours so I’m kinda prepared

Hi! I had my interview about a month ago and it was so informal. Most of the day involved sessions where the optom students would show you how the equipment works. The actual interview was about 5 minutes and I was asked the common questions like 'Why Aston? Why Optometry? Tell me something interesting about you.' Everyone I talked to found it so much easier than they thought, good luck! :smile:
Thank youuuAlso this sounds kinda weird but what did you wear to it ? Idk what to say as something interesting about me :frown: Do they pick apart your personal statement- I’ve heard that a lot
Original post by _.ammarahh
Thank youuuAlso this sounds kinda weird but what did you wear to it ? Idk what to say as something interesting about me :frown: Do they pick apart your personal statement- I’ve heard that a lot

I wore high waisted black pants and a shirt. You could say literally anything that you do outside of school e.g. volunteering, hobbies, sports. And no, the person who was interviewing me didn't even have my personal statement in front of her. It was very informal- I think they just want to get to know you in person :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I had my interview about a month ago and it was so informal. Most of the day involved sessions where the optom students would show you how the equipment works. The actual interview was about 5 minutes and I was asked the common questions like 'Why Aston? Why Optometry? Tell me something interesting about you.' Everyone I talked to found it so much easier than they thought, good luck! :smile:

Hi my interview is also in 2 weeks, was yours a group interview or just a one to one interview?
Original post by UAA786
Hi my interview is also in 2 weeks, was yours a group interview or just a one to one interview?

just one to one

Quick Reply

Latest