The Student Room Group

How to get people to notice your Student room posts

Hi, i have some questions that i have posted on student room regarding advice about studies and etc but no one seems to be answering them. I really want people to notice my posts and help me but it looks like no one does. Does anyone have any advice on how to make more people view your posts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AK_SL
Hi, i have some questions that i have posted on student room regarding advice about studies and etc but no one seems to be answering them. I really want people to notice my posts and help me but it looks like no one does. Does anyone have any advice on how to make more people view your posts?

How long ago did you post them?
Reply 2
If im i am being honest, I only posted them today, so i am definitely being impatient. Sometimes I see people get 100 replies within a few minutes so i just wish i had some responses to my posts. Apologies for wasting your time @DrawTheLine
Reply 3
Original post by AK_SL
If im i am being honest, I only posted them today, so i am definitely being impatient. Sometimes I see people get 100 replies within a few minutes so i just wish i had some responses to my posts. Apologies for wasting your time @DrawTheLine

the reason i want lots of responses as i need lots of help
Original post by AK_SL

I think you are exaggerating there. Yes you are being impatient. If your post has been left unanswered for more than 2 days then bump it. TSR is very active so it's easy for posts to get missed. Don't take it personally.

It's nor guaranteed you'll get help when you want it here. If you want advice about studies then speak to your teachers or someone in person who can give you help there and then.
Have you definitely put your thread in the right place? :smile: if you put subject specific threads in chat they can get lost
You can get people to notice your posts by making posts asking how to get people to notice your posts
Reply 7
Original post by CoolCavy
Have you definitely put your thread in the right place? :smile: if you put subject specific threads in chat they can get lost

I made a post about help regarding the gold crest award, but i wasnt sure which category it fitted in, so i put it in a levels; so far no one has responded to it. I also made one about motivation but no one has noticed that either.
Reply 8
also im kind of a noob wih tsr, can somone tell me how i can look at my posts
start clickbaiting and structure questions like "TOP 5 THINGS I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT _____ (GONE QUESTIONABLE). works everytime :smile:
Original post by AK_SL
also im kind of a noob wih tsr, can somone tell me how i can look at my posts

You get notified when someone quotes you...and you can find your thread😊
Reply 11
how am i supposed to clickbait when i have a question regarding a gold crest award?!?! If anyone here has any experience in Crest awards plz can you look at my question
Reply 12

Spoiler

Reply 13
also how do i 'bump' one of my posts
Original post by AK_SL

Just by typing bump in the comments
Original post by AK_SL

generally when looking for posts to reply to, a stupid claim or maths or physics will usually get me to click on the question
Original post by AK_SL
I made a post about help regarding the gold crest award, but i wasnt sure which category it fitted in, so i put it in a levels; so far no one has responded to it. I also made one about motivation but no one has noticed that either.

I've done a Gold CREST Award, so will take a look and see if I can help :smile: You've put it in a decent place, so don't worry! In terms of getting replies, sometimes it's just a case of not many people having experience to be able to help...Although they're not super uncommon, not huge numbers of people do CREST awards, particularly when you get to Gold, so it's quite specific knowledge, if that makes sense. Like I say, I'll take a look now and see whether I can help at all :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
If you are Super desperate for people to read your thread then tag every user you can think of in the opening post, and then 20 seconds later edit your post to remove the tags. They'll still get the notification and be taken to your thread ...but they'll be baffled because they won't see their username there.

somebody did this once to me, and i was fairly annoyed

It was one of those group staff members.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending