The Student Room Group

May: No Brexit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vinny C
How much longer can Brexiteers bury their heads in the sand? I know what the consequences are because they are happening as we speak and believe me... this is just the tip of the iceberg. Let's hope that 4 months notice is sufficient time save RMS Titanic this time around. The only likely backlash from this debacle is Fidel Castro in No.10

Nothing of any consequence has yet happened, what exactly are these terrible things about which you speak.
I know the game of you more verdant remainers, keep shouting how bad everything is and some might start believing you when in truth the effects have been negligible.
Original post by Vinny C
It isn't about not liking the result... just the consequences. God...

I think you need a visit to the dictionary to check both of these words and their synonyms.
Original post by ColinDent
What Ollie Robins the arch remainer?

It's just kipper myth making. He's a professional civil servant doing his mistresses bidding. Any results that don't fit with Brexiloon fantasies are a result of the simple fact that they are and always were just fantasies.
Nothing of any consequence has yet happened, what exactly are these terrible things about which you speak.
I know the game of you more verdant remainers, keep shouting how bad everything is and some might start believing you when in truth the effects have been negligible.

They don't need to explain themselves by it's terrible, they just need to keep repeating it and sooner or later they hope plebs will start believing their tripe. Lessons from Goebbels.

Govt in crisis... Brexit fantasy... poisoned chalice... NHS desperately short of staff... and this is just the start. I predicted all this 6 months back and now even the experts are quoting me.
Original post by Vinny C
Govt in crisis... Brexit fantasy... poisoned chalice... NHS desperately short of staff... and this is just the start. I predicted all this 6 months back and now even the experts are quoting me.

Better close your doors and watch your children tonight I hear the plague of locusts and the deaths of firstborn are amidst.
Original post by LostAccount
Better close your doors and watch your children tonight I hear the plague of locusts and the deaths of firstborn are amidst.

Classic Brexiteer response. If mechanic after mechanic says sorry, the car you bought is a pile of crap there comes a time when you have to stop blaming the mechanic and blame the ***** who sold you the car in the first place. Johnson and Gove spring to mind.
Original post by Vinny C
Classic Brexiteer response. If mechanic after mechanic says sorry, the car you bought is a pile of crap there comes a time when you have to stop blaming the mechanic and blame the ***** who sold you the car in the first place. Johnson and Gove spring to mind.

Ooh you are loving that car analogy at the moment aren't you? I've already answered that one on another thread
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's just kipper myth making. He's a professional civil servant doing his mistresses bidding. Any results that don't fit with Brexiloon fantasies are a result of the simple fact that they are and always were just fantasies.

Are you trying to suggest that there could have been no possible better outcome to this negotiation? If you do believe that then could I respectfully suggest that you never start a business.
Original post by Vinny C

I agree! And the salesmen are Ed Heath and Harold Wilson who promised the EEC would never ever never develop into a political union! Plump an extra 40 years on the calendar and whoops! It did.
I agree! And the salesmen are Ed Heath and Harold Wilson who promised the EEC would never ever never develop into a political union! Plump an extra 40 years on the calendar and whoops! It did.

Bit like the Brexiteers who assure us a no deal would not be a disaster, then. Add another 40 yrs onto that and...

lol most epic 2018 fail
Original post by Vinny C
Bit like the Brexiteers who assure us a no deal would not be a disaster, then. Add another 40 yrs onto that and...

Careful with the memes son, you'll get arrested by Europolice. Memes are bad.

To be fair it only took 19 years for that to happen but at least they gave us a referendum in '92 because of the huge constitutional change, oh wait they just signed the Maastricht Treaty using the royal prerogative.
Ooh you are loving that car analogy at the moment aren't you? I've already answered that one on another thread

Well... I was hoping parables and analogies might get through delusional Brexiteer skulls. Reality certainly doesn't seem to.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by paul514
Good riddance to people who believe in democracy.

Excellent idea... seeing as 55% are once again in favour of Brexit. Exactly what it was before the Boris fantasy island tour bus came along. https://news.sky.com/story/majority-of-brits-now-against-brexit-and-back-second-eu-referendum-sky-data-poll-11555078
Original post by fallen_acorns
train wreck for the conservative party at the moment.. watching last nights question time, and Claire Perry is a mess. Booed by the crowd - and rightly so - called sexism on dimbleby..

its like seeing the collapse of the current tory party reflected in one person.

Yep... and according to the Brexit camp, the Tories are committing deliberate political suicide in order to discredit Brexit. No doubt taken from something written on the other side of the Boris fantasy island tour bus. They are drifting from delusional to paranoid schizophrenic.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
What they said about Brexit:

‘Getting out of the EU can be quick & easy. The UK holds most of the cards’ - John Redwood.

‘There will be no downside to Brexit’ - David Davis.

‘The Free Trade Agreement that we will do with the EU should be one of the easiest in human history’ - Liam Fox.

Taken from the Boris book of great Brexit fantasies. Would you trust the future of the Nation to this man? The Brexit camp did!

Vote Monster Raving Loony !
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Vinny C
Excellent idea... seeing as 55% are once again in favour of Brexit. Exactly what it was before the Boris fantasy island tour bus came along. https://news.sky.com/story/majority-of-brits-now-against-brexit-and-back-second-eu-referendum-sky-data-poll-11555078

When you can go back in time 30 months I’ll give a **** what some random poll says.
Original post by paul514
When you can go back in time 30 months I’ll give a **** what some random poll says.

Only problem there is poll was taken 2 days ago. Nice to know democracy only applies when it agrees with you.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending