The Student Room Group

Sciences Po Undergrad 2019

Hi! I'm Czarina, I'm from Rome and I'm applying to the Le Havre campus. They opened the undergrad applications a few days ago and I thought it might be helpful if we had a thread for the 2019 intake just like the years before 😊

Scroll to see replies

I suppose I'll be the first to reply to this topic.

Romanian here, initially went to study the LLB at Groningen this year but quit because of the costs. When I heard about Sciences Po though I immediately thought it would be the perfect place for me to be, so I've decided to apply to Reims for Europe-North America and Le Havre. If anyone else replies, we could help each other out by answering any possible questions.
Hey I am applying to the Menton Campus! And possibly Reims as a second choice?
Reply 3
Hi, I'm American Israeli with a french father so being able to live in France and go to sciences po would be a dream for me. I'm applying first choice to le havre and second choice to menton campus.
Original post by InaDelRosario
Hi! I'm Czarina, I'm from Rome and I'm applying to the Le Havre campus. They opened the undergrad applications a few days ago and I thought it might be helpful if we had a thread for the 2019 intake just like the years before 😊

Hi! I am applying to Le Havre as well!
Original post by simonefl
Hi, I'm American Israeli with a french father so being able to live in France and go to sciences po would be a dream for me. I'm applying first choice to le havre and second choice to menton campus.

Hey I am the same but applying to menton first le havre second. Hoping to submit my application on monday
Original post by Nonreturner
I suppose I'll be the first to reply to this topic.

Romanian here, initially went to study the LLB at Groningen this year but quit because of the costs. When I heard about Sciences Po though I immediately thought it would be the perfect place for me to be, so I've decided to apply to Reims for Europe-North America and Le Havre. If anyone else replies, we could help each other out by answering any possible questions.

I'm glad it seems like there are more people writing now! This is really nerve wracking!
Original post by cri2001cri
Hi! I am applying to Le Havre as well!

I hope we see each other around Le Havre next year!!
Original post by richardsmith
Hey I am the same but applying to menton first le havre second. Hoping to submit my application on monday

I'm still in the middle of writing my personal statement and I think my references will take a lot of time as well
I'm still in the middle of writing my personal statement and I think my references will take a lot of time as well

Yes the personal statement was stressful for me too. What are your teachers going to be including in your references? Just academic stuff or extracurriculars? Good luck!
Yes the personal statement was stressful for me too. What are your teachers going to be including in your references? Just academic stuff or extracurriculars? Good luck!

I'm stuck with my PS. I dont know if I should go with the kind of essay where I talk about my past "achievements" and the things I would like to accomplish in the future or with a story kind of essay where I talk about my "story" (struggles/situations that made me who I am today). What do you think?

Their including a bit of both I think. They're still in the middle of drafting it and I'm not allowed to read it so I don't know for sure. The thing is, they don't speak neither English nor French so they also have to have it translated.
I'm stuck with my PS. I dont know if I should go with the kind of essay where I talk about my past "achievements" and the things I would like to accomplish in the future or with a story kind of essay where I talk about my "story" (struggles/situations that made me who I am today). What do you think?

Their including a bit of both I think. They're still in the middle of drafting it and I'm not allowed to read it so I don't know for sure. The thing is, they don't speak neither English nor French so they also have to have it translated.

Well I suppose you could try to merge both elements?
Well I suppose you could try to merge both elements?

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I'm trying to find the right balance 🤔
Reply 13
Hello, I am a German IB student and applying to the Europe-North America program at Reims and possible at Le Havre. I am very unsure of how to write my personal statement and I was wondering whether you follow a specific structure to merge the two elements you were talking about and to address two different colleges at once. Thank you :smile:
Hi, everyone, I have recently submitted my own application and I merged thw two elements in my Personal Statement. I talked about the things I did and the knowledge/abilities I attained from them. I'd say they are more interested in the latter than the former though.
Original post by Nonreturner
Hi, everyone, I have recently submitted my own application and I merged thw two elements in my Personal Statement. I talked about the things I did and the knowledge/abilities I attained from them. I'd say they are more interested in the latter than the former though.

Hi for which campus did you apply ?
Hi for which campus did you apply ?

Reims and Le Havre.
Hullo! I'm from Malaysia and I'm applying to the dual degree program between Sciences Po and Sydney with Le Harve as my campus. I just had my interview and I've got to say, it was actually pretty fun!
Original post by PhoenixL
Hullo! I'm from Malaysia and I'm applying to the dual degree program between Sciences Po and Sydney with Le Harve as my campus. I just had my interview and I've got to say, it was actually pretty fun!

Hi! I’m applying to the menton campus!! Really? That’s really good to hear, I’m sure you will have done amazing. May I ask you how it was like? What was your article about? Also did you find the questions very academically challenging or were they more about your motivation to got ScPo etc..
thank you! :wink:
Original post by Skylati
Hello, I am a German IB student and applying to the Europe-North America program at Reims and possible at Le Havre. I am very unsure of how to write my personal statement and I was wondering whether you follow a specific structure to merge the two elements you were talking about and to address two different colleges at once. Thank you :smile:

Hi! Sorry for my late reply. I've been busy with work and haven't had time to check here. I've made a list of what I would like to include in my statement and in what order I'm going to write them, but as I said before I've been really busy so I really haven't had the time to dive into editing it and making the discussion flow more natural (God, I hope I can finish it by the end of December).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending