The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Geography Coursework

Im currently in year 12 and am 10 weeks into my geography course for AQA. We’ve been asked to think about what we want to do for our coursework, whether it be physical or human. Im probably going to pick physical but can someone give me some ideas on what they studied or what would be a good area to cover?? Thanks!!
Original post by CemXx732
Im currently in year 12 and am 10 weeks into my geography course for AQA. We’ve been asked to think about what we want to do for our coursework, whether it be physical or human. Im probably going to pick physical but can someone give me some ideas on what they studied or what would be a good area to cover?? Thanks!!

Hi, I'm a second year geography student and am in the middle of writing my coursework. I chose physical but there are human factors within the physical side. Often what you choose will be dictated by your location. For example, living and going to college on the South Coast many people did coasts especially beach work however I looked at river management as my local river has undergone hard and soft engineering for the past 10 years or so with history dating back to the war which I can use. Ideally you need to choose a topic which is accessible to you but in which there is lots to talk about it, lots of context and notes in your textbook does help as a starting point.
Reply 2
Original post by Teebowe
Hi, I'm a second year geography student and am in the middle of writing my coursework. I chose physical but there are human factors within the physical side. Often what you choose will be dictated by your location. For example, living and going to college on the South Coast many people did coasts especially beach work however I looked at river management as my local river has undergone hard and soft engineering for the past 10 years or so with history dating back to the war which I can use. Ideally you need to choose a topic which is accessible to you but in which there is lots to talk about it, lots of context and notes in your textbook does help as a starting point.

Hi, I live on the Holderness Coastline and for GCSE looked at management methods and how effective they were at Mappleton. We are visiting similar locations but wondered how I could make that more complex
Hi, I live on the Holderness Coastline and for GCSE looked at management methods and how effective they were at Mappleton. We are visiting similar locations but wondered how I could make that more complex

Holderness was a major example we used in first year for coastal management. If I was you I would use the coastline for your coursework as there is a lot to talk about.

Private message me and I can provide a list of things you can talk about and explore. Hover over my name click private message and I'm more than happy to help
Reply 4
Did anyone do their coursework on carbon ? If so it it possible to send me an example
longshore drift and the terminal groyne syndrome causing extreme erosion rates further down the coast

Quick Reply

Latest