The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2018-2019 University of Kent Applicants Chat Thread

Hey, here's a place for you all to chat about your applications if you want to!

It can be helpful on these threads to give a bit of an introduction so feel free to share:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Good luck with your applications

Scroll to see replies

Hey :hello:

Are you applying for 2019 entry? I just firmed Kent yesterday for Actuarial Science!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
I almost thought no one was gonna apply to Kent, I'm applying for Drama and Comparative Lit. If they give me an offer I really want to firm it
I’m the same - seems like not many applicants so far. Hope you hear back soon (:
Reply 4
Going to be applying for law
Original post by Leti-
I almost thought no one was gonna apply to Kent, I'm applying for Drama and Comparative Lit. If they give me an offer I really want to firm it

I'm a first year at Kent and I'm really loving it here. Let me know if you have any questions!
One of my flatmates does Comp Lit and she's really enjoying it! x
Reply 6
Original post by JeSuisBaguette
I'm a first year at Kent and I'm really loving it here. Let me know if you have any questions!

Ah, thank you do you live on campus if so which accomodation and what's it like. Also what are your favourite and least favourite things at Kent ? If you don't mind me asking as well what were your predicted grades, and your entry requirements because my predicted grades aren't that high and I'm worried they won't give me an offer
I'm applying for Hispanic Studies and History, definitely putting Kent as my firm choice if I get an offer! pretty nervous about but I'm predicted AAB and entry requirements are BBB x
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Leti-
Ah, thank you do you live on campus if so which accomodation and what's it like. Also what are your favourite and least favourite things at Kent ? If you don't mind me asking as well what were your predicted grades, and your entry requirements because my predicted grades aren't that high and I'm worried they won't give me an offer

Original post by alicepatching
I'm applying for Hispanic Studies and History, definitely putting Kent as my firm choice if I get an offer! pretty nervous about but I'm predicted AAB and entry requirements are BBB x

I was predicted ABB but they gave me an unconditional offer which I took! I'm doing French and German so that might be why, languages don't generally seem to be too popular!

Honestly, I love Kent and I think it's pretty underrated as a uni. I'm staying in Turing Flats this year and I really like it, but had I known that my flatmates would be so lovely I think I would have been just as happy in the Turing Houses. Parkwood is nice, it's just really far!!!
My favourite parts of the uni are just how beautiful and homely it feels, there are also a lot of international students here too which was a bonus for me. I can't really think of anything I don't like if I'm perfectly honest, it just feels like a really good fit for me.
I got an offer today for psychology! Haven't been to see the uni yet but it looks really nice!
Reply 10
I got an offer of an unconditional (if first/ ABB otherwise) for history yesterday. Still want to go see the uni first regardless how much transport is an issue (South Wales)....
(edited 5 years ago)
I have an offer for Sociology! BBC or BCC if I firm which is a great reduced offer from BBB! I’m almost certainly going to use Kent as my insurance choice and Manchester or Sheffield as my firm.
Reply 12
Offer for digital arts at ABB and I'm predicted AAA :smile:
Have been offered a place at Kent to study Cultural Studies and Media!
Original post by JeSuisBaguette

I'm looking to study Politics and International Relations with a Year in Asia Pacific. I have been predicted A*AB and entry requirements are BBB. I am hoping to get an offer and visit the uni in the next few months so I can see the uni for myself. However, I'm worried that Kent is a much quieter and relaxed place than other unis I have applied to such as Liverpool or Newcastle. I'm just wondering if any current students are able to give me some advice on the halls/nightlife/student life in general and the union/societies that exist in Kent. Would you recommend it?
Thanks
Hi guys!

My name's Molly, and I'm apply to Kent to study Hispanic Studies and History. I've also applied to Reading, Nottingham and Nottingham Trent.

I only submitted my application yesterday- when did people start getting offers back?? I'm so impatient! 😂😂
Original post by alicepatching

I'm applying for the same course! Predicted BBB, have you had an offer back?? How long did it take?
Original post by molly_may46
I'm applying for the same course! Predicted BBB, have you had an offer back?? How long did it take?

yeah I got an offer a few days ago! so excited! glad to know others applying for the same course. good luck x
Original post by alice.eliza
yeah I got an offer a few days ago! so excited! glad to know others applying for the same course. good luck x

the offer came back after 2 weeks maybe slightly less x
the offer came back after 2 weeks maybe slightly less x

thank you! mind if I ask what offer you got? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending