The Student Room Group

What business degree should i do?

Hey guys,

In the future i want to work in the field business but ism not sure which field i want to work in. There are so many different type of business courses such as business with finance or with management, so Im not quite sure which one to choose.
What would be the best option for me since I dont know which type of career i want to choose in the future?

Thanks in advance guys any help would be appreciated :smile:
Hello!

When I joined University I had no idea what I want to do in the future, so I studied Business Management. (At my university if you do Business Management you can choose any economics, accounting and finance as well as business modules, essentially I had a pick n mix degree which allowed me to convert to whatever modules I wanted) So in terms of flexibility I would go for Business Management, and my advice is to do a sandwich year if possible, the experience in industry proved invaluable. I am currently in my final year looking for a graduate job, feel free to ask me any questions!
Original post by Themysticalegg
Hello!

When I joined University I had no idea what I want to do in the future, so I studied Business Management. (At my university if you do Business Management you can choose any economics, accounting and finance as well as business modules, essentially I had a pick n mix degree which allowed me to convert to whatever modules I wanted) So in terms of flexibility I would go for Business Management, and my advice is to do a sandwich year if possible, the experience in industry proved invaluable. I am currently in my final year looking for a graduate job, feel free to ask me any questions!

Wow thanks man that's useful, i'am going to look into unis that do similar business management courses :smile:. Btw what Uni do u go to? and how is the business management course?
Thanks for the help bro :biggrin:
Original post by FriedChicken370
Wow thanks man that's useful, i'am going to look into unis that do similar business management courses :smile:. Btw what Uni do u go to? and how is the business management course?
Thanks for the help bro :biggrin:

No worries :smile:, I go to Swansea University, where do you want to go? The Business course is not too bad, I originally wanted to do Science before I went to uni, so Business was kinda a snap choice ahaha. So for someone who genuinely wants to do business they'd enjoy it!
No worries :smile:, I go to Swansea University, where do you want to go? The Business course is not too bad, I originally wanted to do Science before I went to uni, so Business was kinda a snap choice ahaha. So for someone who genuinely wants to do business they'd enjoy it!

Ahhh nice. I'm not really sure yet,currently looking at a few unis. Kinda the same here for me aswell cause i'm doing a Btec engineering course but i just lost interest in it so I decided to do business. I'm trying to form a good personal statement right now :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by FriedChicken370
Ahhh nice. I'm not really sure yet,currently looking at a few unis. Kinda the same here for me aswell cause i'm doing a Btec engineering course but i just lost interest in it so I decided to do business. I'm trying to form a good personal statement right now :biggrin:

Ah nice, I'm actually considering converting to Quantity Surveying/Construction Management for masters, Business is good in that you can also convert to a lot of other jobs/degree types! Let me know how you get on anyway. :smile: P.S. Your name makes me want KFC.
Ah nice, I'm actually considering converting to Quantity Surveying/Construction Management for masters, Business is good in that you can also convert to a lot of other jobs/degree types! Let me know how you get on anyway. :smile: P.S. Your name makes me want KFC.

Cheers bro, That sounds pretty good man. Yea thats why i think its the best option for me :smile: I used to work at KFC lool :biggrin: lost my intrest in fried chicken now doe after eating it too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending