The Student Room Group

Worshipping Allah?

how to get closer to Allah or how to worship him the best?

I already pray 5 times a day, I wake up for first prayer, I pray tajjahud (night prayer), wear hijab, listen to Quran almost everyday, i fast all 30 days of Ramadan, i make dua every night , i do tasbih.

is there any other ways to worship Allah?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Bump
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Assalaamu alaykum (peace be upon you)

May Allah reward you for your efforts and accept your worship Ameen

It’s great you’re seeking to get closer to Allah.
Abu Huraira (RA) reported that the Prophet Muhammad ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said that Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He), the Exalted and Glorious said, “I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.” (Sahih Muslim).

Ofc there are other ways to worship in Islam, it’s not just limited to ritualistic acts. Islam is a way of life.
Worship is that which is done in obedience to Allah's will, which obviously includes rituals but goes far beyond to the realms of one’s beliefs, social activities, and personal contributions to one's society and fellow human beings.

The Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) taught his followers that Islam is much more than a private personal matter. Islam attaches no value to rituals that are performed mechanically and have no influence on one's inner life. This issue was addressed in an incident when Muslims, as well as local Jews and Christians, disputed about the prayer direction being changed from Jerusalem to the Ka'bah (the Sacred Mosque) in Makkah: Allah Says (what means): “Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveller, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives Zakah; [those who] fulfil their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.” [Quran: 2:177]

http://fatwa.islamweb.net/en/article/76851/worship-in-islam

It’s very important to keep reflecting, have the right intentions and keep sincere when performing acts of worship. There is always something to improve on as no one is perfect. It could be that you pray but you haven’t yet achieved the full concentration in prayers or often delay your prayers, you may need to improve on your character, seek knowledge, perform more sadaqah in general, spend more time with your family etc the list goes on. Stay connected to the Qur’an, don’t just read or memorise it but reflect on its meanings and strive to act upon it. Get to Know Allah through his 99 beautiful names, Follow the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). Any good deed, be it small or big is an act of worship in Islam.

There are many types of sadaqah:
[video="youtube;c8U_0N36rfw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8U_0N36rfw[/video]
Original post by Muhra

I already pray 5 times a day, I wake up for first prayer, I pray tajjahud (night prayer), wear hijab, listen to Quran almost everyday, i fast all 30 days of Ramadan, i make dua every night , i do tasbih.

is there any other ways to worship Allah?

Build massive statues of him!
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Build massive statues of him!

im not even muslim, and even i know allah has no form ?
Original post by Muhra

Given that they don't exist, I'd recommend being delusional. Believe anything written in the Quran, and get upset / angry when people provide evidence that it's wrong, then run to a Muslim appologist ("scholar") for excuses.
Give dawwath for other people as well
Original post by RogerOxon
Given that they don't exist, I'd recommend being delusional. Believe anything written in the Quran, and get upset / angry when people provide evidence that it's wrong, then run to a Muslim appologist ("scholar") for excuses.

calm down, edgelord. If you want to mock and belittle people for no good reason, go ahead, but it really doesn't help anyone.
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
im not even muslim, and even i know allah has no form ?

not yet
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
not yet

um if this if your attempt at satire against a person's belief, good luck on your missions on other threads,
Original post by cgstanding
calm down, edgelord. If you want to mock and belittle people for no good reason, go ahead, but it really doesn't help anyone.

I'm not mocking or belittling people, but I do some claims. The fact that people believe this nonsense in the 21st century is a very serious problem.
Reply 12
Given that they don't exist, I'd recommend being delusional. Believe anything written in the Quran, and get upset / angry when people provide evidence that it's wrong, then run to a Muslim appologist ("scholar":wink: for excuses.

lol ''idiots believe all people are idiots.'' just because you get upset when people provide evidences against what you believe does not mean all people get upset like you.
It's good to see yoour concern and want to become closer to Allah. Keep up what you are doing, but know that worship isn't solely praying your salaah, fasting etc but much more than that.

Ultimately, it is living life according to Allah's/God's will. In that, if you make the right intention, everything can be counted as worship/rewardful. Being of good character and behaving in a good manner with people and animals is also worship. Following the sunnah of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam/peace and blessings be upon him) is also worship. Looking after yourself is also worship, as your body is an amaanah/trust from Allah.

Mainly focus on your intentions in everything you do, before, during and after to ensure you get rewards.

As for things like prayers and fasting in themselves, make sure to complete the fardh (necessities) and then look to increase it according to what you can and be consistent in it.
Original post by Muhra
lol ''idiots believe all people are idiots.'' just because you get upset when people provide evidences against what you believe does not mean all people get upset like you.

I'm an Atheist, which means that I don't accept claims of a god, as there is no credible evidence. GIve it your best shot - I'm willing to change my mind based on evidence. You're not.
Reply 15
We should all just smoke a doob and we’ll be happy
Reply 16
I'm an Atheist, which means that I don't accept claims of a god, as there is no credible evidence. GIve it your best shot - I'm willing to change my mind based on evidence. You're not.

''I'm willing to change my mind based on evidence. You're not''
you write before you think. what makes you think i will not change my mind based on evidences?
Original post by Muhra
''I'm willing to change my mind based on evidence. You're not''
you write before you think. what makes you think i will not change my mind based on evidences?

Because you believe in Islam, when there is no credible evidence. You ask how to become closer to an entity that there's not evidence even exists.
Reply 18
Because you believe in Islam, when there is no credible evidence. You ask how to become closer to an entity that there's not evidence even exists.

Again you write before you think. 1: what makes you think Islam does not have evidences? 2: just because i want to be closer to Allah does not mean i stop my mind from thinking. Allah encourage us to think and ask and search the truth.
Original post by Muhra
Again you write before you think. 1: what makes you think Islam does not have evidences? 2: just because i want to be closer to Allah does not mean i stop my mind from thinking. Allah encourage us to think and ask and search the truth.

If you want to disprove me, present evidence of something other than your indoctrination.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending