The Student Room Group

What USB stick should I buy for storing photos

I have a lot of photos on my laptop and it is taking up too much memory. I was thinking about buying a memory stick with large storage capacity but don't know which to buy. The ones I have searched about have bad reviews so I am really confused. If someone could help out please?
Original post by LeeYuri
I have a lot of photos on my laptop and it is taking up too much memory. I was thinking about buying a memory stick with large storage capacity but don't know which to buy. The ones I have searched about have bad reviews so I am really confused. If someone could help out please?

USB sticks are a terrible way to store things, they can fail any time and they're easy to lose.

I'd get an external hard drive, and also put your photos in some sort of online storage (Dropbox/Google Drive etc.)
Reply 2
Original post by jameswhughes
USB sticks are a terrible way to store things, they can fail any time and they're easy to lose.

I'd get an external hard drive, and also put your photos in some sort of online storage (Dropbox/Google Drive etc.)

Thank you.

What brand for the hard drive would you recommend?

I don't trust the online storage much, so I rather not put my personal photos there.
Original post by LeeYuri
Thank you.

What brand for the hard drive would you recommend?

I don't trust the online storage much, so I rather not put my personal photos there.

One from a well known brand such as Seagate or Western Digital.

Online storage is safe and pretty reliable, and while there is s a risk to everything, it's much less than that of your computer failing for example.
I second Seagate. I have a 1TB external hard drive, and it's been so useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending