The Student Room Group

MSc Finance (& related courses) 2019/2020 Applicants

Hey guys,

Was hoping to have a thread which was specific to MSc Fin, so I created this.

Have currently applied to Warwick, LSE & Oxford.

Warwick's results should be coming out soon.

Anyone else in the same boat and waiting on results?

All the best to everyone!

Schools Applied: MFin LSE, MFin Wariwck, MFE Oxford

Application Date Submitted: 25th Oct 18

MFin LSE: Provisional offer received on 6 Dec

MFE Oxford: Received Interview on 21st Nov, Offer received on 13 Dec

MFin Warwick: Rejected on 5th Dec
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I'm in the same boat as you with regards to the Warwick MSc Finance application (also applied on 25th Oct!) so should be hearing back from them soon.

I was planning on applying to a few other places soon after my Warwick application, but got sidetracked with stuff so I think I'll wait until Warwick respond before considering what to do next.

Do you mind sharing your profile (Uni course, internships etc)?
Best of luck with your applications!
Original post by CoolRunnings3
Hey,

I'm in the same boat as you with regards to the Warwick MSc Finance application (also applied on 25th Oct!) so should be hearing back from them soon.

I was planning on applying to a few other places soon after my Warwick application, but got sidetracked with stuff so I think I'll wait until Warwick respond before considering what to do next.

Do you mind sharing your profile (Uni course, internships etc)?
Best of luck with your applications!

Hi,

I didn't have time to apply for more schools either, probably will do so afterwards if I get rejected from all the 3 schools I have applied so far, fingers crossed.

University / Course: Asia Top 5 University, B. Eng (Hons) Chemical Engineering.
Expected Grade: 1st
GMAT: 770
Extracurriculars/Internships: Vice-President of a club, no notable internships.

Nothing fantastic, unfortunately. I can only hope my SoP was sufficient enough to address why I lacked internships, and I didn't get to see what my professors wrote for me either.

What about you?

Yeah I'm not sure how long their MSc Fin takes, I hope its 4 weeks and not 6-8 weeks :-(
(edited 5 years ago)
Sounds good!

Uni / Course: Non-target UK Uni, BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
Internship year (between 2nd and 3rd yr uni) as a Finance Analyst at a corporate.

Nothing special but also hoping SoP was good enough to grant a offer.

It says on their website (Warwick) they take 4-6 weeks so hopefully not too long to go. Let me know when you get a response and i'll do the same :smile:

Original post by Randilicious
Hi,

I didn't have time to apply for more schools either, probably will do so afterwards if I get rejected from all the 3 schools I have applied so far, fingers crossed.

University / Course: Asia Top 5 University, B. Eng (Hons) Chemical Engineering.
GMAT: 770
Extracurriculars/Internships: Vice-President of a club, no notable internships.

Nothing fantastic, unfortunately. I can only hope my SoP was sufficient enough to address why I lacked internships, and I didn't get to see what my professors wrote for me either.

What about you?

Yeah I'm not sure how long their MSc Fin takes, I hope its 4 weeks and not 6-8 weeks :-(
I would definitely say try and apply to Cass Business School
Sounds good!

Uni / Course: Non-target UK Uni, BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
Internship year (between 2nd and 3rd yr uni) as a Finance Analyst at a corporate.

Nothing special but also hoping SoP was good enough to grant a offer.

It says on their website (Warwick) they take 4-6 weeks so hopefully not too long to go. Let me know when you get a response and i'll do the same :smile:

Yeah definitely, all the best!
Definitely on my list - which would you say is the better school for MSc Finance, Warwick or Cass?

Edit: Just realised you were prob talking to the other guy haha oh well

Original post by MrMusician95
I would definitely say try and apply to Cass Business School
(edited 5 years ago)
Definitely on my list - which would you say is the better school for MSc Finance, Warwick or Cass?

Edit: Just realised you were prob talking to the other guy haha oh well

No worries man :smile: Cass is great for finance. Not only are the professor's professionals but the connections to the city are amazing. All the top banks and fund mamhsers love that I went to Cass, for my undergraduate.
Original post by MrMusician95
No worries man :smile: Cass is great for finance. Not only are the professor's professionals but the connections to the city are amazing. All the top banks and fund mamhsers love that I went to Cass, for my undergraduate.

is this a joke?
Original post by AndyDufresne26
is this a joke?

Why would it be a joke? Cass is one of the best for finance. Especially as it's in the city of London so a lot of professionals lecture. I went there.
Finance ranking in UK goes like this: LBS > LSE > Oxford > Cambridge > Warwick/ICL > Cass.
Original post by HangeeTw
Finance ranking in UK goes like this: LBS > LSE > Oxford > Cambridge > Warwick/ICL > Cass.

Hey I noticed that you did an interview with Oxford MFE earlier this year. I just received an interview invite from them, and was wondering if you could share any tips. Do most people get through the interview? What are the questions that they ask, are they more of fit or technical questions?

Cheers.
Original post by HangeeTw

Where would you rank Manchester and UCL in this list?
Where would you rank Manchester and UCL in this list?

Hey, I just received a rejection from Warwick.

All the best to you!
Hey, I just received a rejection from Warwick.

All the best to you!

Same :frown: Any news on your other applications?
Same :frown: Any news on your other applications?

Oxford's results will be out by 14th Dec, I'm expecting LSE to get back this week or next week as well. Not optimistic about either of them after Warwick's rejection though. Hahaha what about you?
Oxford's results will be out by 14th Dec, I'm expecting LSE to get back this week or next week as well. Not optimistic about either of them after Warwick's rejection though. Hahaha what about you?

Fingers crossed it will be positive news from LSE/Oxford for you!

I applied to Cass and Manchester earlier this week and just received an offer from Cass.
Fingers crossed it will be positive news from LSE/Oxford for you!

I applied to Cass and Manchester earlier this week and just received an offer from Cass.

Applied earlier this week and already an offer? That's really fast, congrats! Are you going to take their offer?

Yeah fingers crossed too.
Applied earlier this week and already an offer? That's really fast, congrats! Are you going to take their offer?Yeah fingers crossed too.
Yep pretty quick turnaround, surprised me.I will most likely accept the Cass offer

Quick Reply