The Student Room Group

Can a straight man attracted to tomboy/masculine looking girls?

I'm a "butch" girl, I wear masculine clothes, rarely wear makeup and work out so I'm more muscular than the average girl. I've always been a tomboy and wouldn't want to change myslf just to make a guy like me. But I'm afraid no guy will like me because I don't look feminine enough. I'm biologically and mentally female just more athletic.
All the guy's I have crushes on tend to prefer dainty girly girls that wear glamerous makeup and that makes me feel like no guy will ever be interested in me.
I added pictures to give you an idea of how I dress and my body type.

Attachment not found

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by ···

:lol: lmao I'm dead! I hear you and I get that lool but I still have long hair, wide hips etc. Gotta have hope Mr Right is out there for me:h: Maybe a bi guy?
I mean, the girl in the first pic with the lady-suit on I'd definitely bang (if she was straight), but I wouldn't be seen out with a chick that dresses like a man. Soz m8, just being honest.
Reply 4
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I mean, the girl in the first pic with the lady-suit on I'd definitely bang (if she was straight), but I wouldn't be seen out with a chick that dresses like a man. Soz m8, just being honest.

Out of fear of what others would think?
Reply 5
I’ve seen it happen! Just look at Kristen Stewart; I mean she’s dating a girl now but men have been attracted to her and I’d say she dresses pretty tomboy-ishLook at athletes like Simone biles and Serena Williams. Although they dress girly they are very muscular and they are married/dating men. There’s someone out there for everyone. There’s 7 billion people in this world!
Reply 6
Feminine and dangerous yet maternal and caring would be fine with me 🤭

Spoiler

Basically I can see some of my friends with tomboys and be happy mainly because they can't be asked with girly girly girls since they seem fake to them. But that's just anectodal and I'm sure there is a guy out there for these kind of girls. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Out of fear of what others would think?

Not as such, I just like to uphold a standard for not only what I look like, but also what the type of girls I'm seen with look like.
Reply 8
Original post by OGGUS
Feminine and dangerous yet maternal and caring would be fine with me 🤭

Spoiler

Basically I can see some of my friends with tomboys and be happy mainly because they can't be asked with girly girly girls since they seem fake to them. But that's just anectodal and I'm sure there is a guy out there for these kind of girls. :smile:

LOL I'm a medical engineering student and I'm very nurturing, modest and loving, plus my future partner wouldn't have to worry about me coming from work late cuz I'm stong enough to fight off a creep.
I'm a "butch" girl, I wear masculine clothes, rarely wear makeup and work out so I'm more muscular than the average girl. I've always been a tomboy and wouldn't want to change myslf just to make a guy like me. But I'm afraid no guy will like me because I don't look feminine enough. I'm biologically and mentally female just more athletic.
All the guy's I have crushes on tend to prefer dainty girly girls that wear glamerous makeup and that makes me feel like no guy will ever be interested in me.
I added pictures to give you an idea of how I dress and my body type.

Attachment not found

Would you date feminine guys? there's your answer. Yeah, some girls like feminine guys but it's a niche market. Same with guys and butch girls.
Original post by Krisis
Would you date feminine guys? there's your answer. Yeah, some girls like feminine guys but it's a niche market. Same with guys and butch girls.

I don't mind dating a feminine guy aslong as he is comfortable with both his femininity and masculinity and isn't overly girly.
Reply 11
LOL I'm a medical engineering student and I'm very nurturing, modest and loving, plus my future partner wouldn't have to worry about me coming from work late cuz I'm stong enough to fight off a creep.

Sounds fine with me :biggrin:
Tomboys are fine. It's complete nonsense to say that bi guys would be more likely to be attracted to you.

The most likely men to be attracted to you are the ones with high levels of self confidence / self security / genuine high self esteem.
The ones that don't need a barbie type trophy wife to put on the mantelpiece and show off to their mates.
The ones that aren't narrow minded.
Such men are just as likely to be heterosexual as bi or any other sexual orientation.

Maybe the OP is still at school where too many of the boys lack the maturity to have an open mind about their romantic partner's fashion style, hobbies and interests? Anyone with any wisdom would realise that all these things are just shallow surface things. It's what's under the skln that counts. And in this case at least some of that is highly attractive - the athletic body, the feminine inner philosophy combined with the confidence to be who she wants to be regardless of what some (stupid) people think of her.
Reply 13
I can't speak on behalf of dudes as I'm obviously a girl but I'm rather tomboy.

Got short hair thats haved at the sides and back. rarely See Me in a dress haha 😂

I've got a boyfriend and we're quite happy.

Everyone is different and it's all preference so you're not doomed to be alone because of the way you are :smile:
Yeah i am
Yeah i am
Stereotypically masculine dress sense is fine; no make up is ideal; masculine figure not attractive; hoody and wrinkly trousers says chav to me a bit.
Don't know if this thread is still active but yeah I'd date a girl like that. I'm a guy, 100% straight, could careless what others think of us when were in public. I've always preferred tomboys to feminine women. I think tomboys are hot lol.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Tomboys are fine. It's complete nonsense to say that bi guys would be more likely to be attracted to you.

The most likely men to be attracted to you are the ones with high levels of self confidence / self security / genuine high self esteem.
The ones that don't need a barbie type trophy wife to put on the mantelpiece and show off to their mates.
The ones that aren't narrow minded.
Such men are just as likely to be heterosexual as bi or any other sexual orientation.

Maybe the OP is still at school where too many of the boys lack the maturity to have an open mind about their romantic partner's fashion style, hobbies and interests? Anyone with any wisdom would realise that all these things are just shallow surface things. It's what's under the skln that counts. And in this case at least some of that is highly attractive - the athletic body, the feminine inner philosophy combined with the confidence to be who she wants to be regardless of what some (stupid) people think of her.

Best reply I've ever seen, I'm a 100% straight guy and could give less Fs about how other people see me with a partner. I find tomboys to be insanely hot and I'd def date her.
I really love tomboy and looking for one to chat with get to know eachother

Latest

Trending

Trending