The Student Room Group

My Geography mocks seem unfair??

I don't know if anyone else had this issue but in my school for our mocks we're doing all 3 georgraphy papers. The only other subject I have more than 1 paper in is maths which is kind of understandable. I feel like geography is being a bit high and mighty here and I just wanted to know people's thoughts on this and if there's a reason they have to take up so much room on the exam timetable.
probably to reflect the real exam... you have to sit 3 papers for gcse geography including one on fieldwork.
Reply 2
The workload isn't as bad as it may seem. Furthermore, I believe for your 3rd exam you have a booklet from which you can find ALL of the answers; it's there to test your analytical and application skills.
Original post by Leosparkswilson
I don't know if anyone else had this issue but in my school for our mocks we're doing all 3 georgraphy papers. The only other subject I have more than 1 paper in is maths which is kind of understandable. I feel like geography is being a bit high and mighty here and I just wanted to know people's thoughts on this and if there's a reason they have to take up so much room on the exam timetable.

We have to do 2 but it doesn't seem unfair since in the real exam there's 3.
Original post by AngelStarfire
We have to do 2 but it doesn't seem unfair since in the real exam there's 3.

I understand that but the problem I have is that geography is the only subject doing this. I take history as well and we're only doing one paper. It seems unreasonable that students should have to revise so much more content for one subject than the rest
Original post by Leosparkswilson
I understand that but the problem I have is that geography is the only subject doing this. I take history as well and we're only doing one paper. It seems unreasonable that students should have to revise so much more content for one subject than the rest

it's just a mock and you can't really revise for paper 3 anyway.
I’m doing 3 papers is well but we are doing multiple for every subject. I’m so stressed about geography though

Quick Reply

Latest