The Student Room Group

National 5 Geography 2018/19

Hey everyone doing Nat 5 geography this year!

Scroll to see replies

how do you conclude a nat 5 geo assignment
Original post by Estherxox

Merged into the existing Nat 5 geography thread :smile: Hopefully someone will be able to help :smile:

what are you doing for yours
Original post by pineapplepink
what are you doing for yours

a river study, you?
a river study, you?

I'm doing a study of a wind farm
(edited 5 years ago)

you have to link it back to the hypotheses and aim, and provide evidence.
Hey guys, I’m trying to do past papers and the ordnance survey maps for 2016 and 2017 can’t be viewed on my iPad. Has anyone got links to the maps or have suggestions where I can get them? (for free, I am a poor bean).
Original post by Catriona23
Hey guys, I’m trying to do past papers and the ordnance survey maps for 2016 and 2017 can’t be viewed on my iPad. Has anyone got links to the maps or have suggestions where I can get them? (for free, I am a poor bean).

Not sure about online, but your geography teacher will likely have paper copies of these, and probably won't mind you borrowing them :smile:
Original post by Labrador99
Not sure about online, but your geography teacher will likely have paper copies of these, and probably won't mind you borrowing them :smile:

Thanks 😊
Hi, what formation are needed to memorise for exam
Original post by cammycon.c
Hi, what formation are needed to memorise for exam

The formation questions are at the start, and you have the option of answering either Q1 or Q2. Q1 will either be on glaciation or coasts, and Q2 is rivers or limestone. So if you want to save time revising then only revise for one of those questions.
The features that you could be asked to describe the formation of are:
Glaciation: corrie, U-shaped valley, arete, truncated spur, pyramidal peak
Coasts: cliffs, caves and arches, stacks, headlands and bays, spits and sand bars
Limestone: limestone pavements, potholes/swallow holes, caverns, stalactites and stalagmites, intermittent drainage
Rivers: v-shaped valleys, waterfalls, meander, ox bow lake, levee
Make sure you can also identify each of these features on a map, as that's generally part of the question.
Anyone else literally done no studying for geography yet 😂 I’ve had all my other exams these past 3 weeks, and I’ve got no other exams from Wednesday onwards, so I’ll just do geography for 2 weeks
I haven't done any yet either
I'm sure it'll be fine😂
Original post by thepunmaster.e
Anyone else literally done no studying for geography yet 😂 I’ve had all my other exams these past 3 weeks, and I’ve got no other exams from Wednesday onwards, so I’ll just do geography for 2 weeks
How's everyone feeling about Geography?
I think Geography's probably my best subject I just need to make sure I've covered all the topics.
Yeah I’ve only got geography left now. I think we’re taking all of the same subjects haha. I’m feeling alright for geography but I just want to do a lot of work on the content because I’m not very confident with human and all the facts and figures for global issues.
Original post by pineapplepink
How's everyone feeling about Geography?
I think Geography's probably my best subject I just need to make sure I've covered all the topics.
ahah not quite I've still got french and then geo
yeah same
Yeah I’ve only got geography left now. I think we’re taking all of the same subjects haha. I’m feeling alright for geography but I just want to do a lot of work on the content because I’m not very confident with human and all the facts and figures for global issues.
Does anyone else feel like their teachers haven’t given them all the right notes? I’m trying to do a past paper (2018) question on development and I have nothing on it in my notes?? (Stuff like % working in agriculture) or the notes I have aren’t matching the marking scheme, like they’re not in depth enough. It’s really frustrating bc I shouldn’t have to do extra work when I’m trying to revise doing teacher’s jobs for them 😭 I mean I’ve used the marking scheme now but does anyone have in depth notes on why development indicators show the level of a development I could have a look at please? Would be greatly appreciated
(edited 4 years ago)
Does anyone else feel like their teachers haven’t given them all the right notes? I’m trying to do a past paper (2018) question on development and I have nothing on it in my notes?? (Stuff like % working in agriculture) or the notes I have aren’t matching the marking scheme, like they’re not in depth enough. It’s really frustrating bc I shouldn’t have to do extra work when I’m trying to revise doing teacher’s jobs for them 😭 I mean I’ve used the marking scheme now but does anyone have in depth notes on why development indicators show the level of a development I could have a look at please? Would be greatly appreciated

Have you had any luck looking at bitesize?

Last year for N5 Geography I also had the same issue with not being taught certain parts - but for development indicators I just looked at the marking schemes and made my notes from them. If I can find them, I'll send a screenshot of the notes I had on indicators - not great but it's better than nothing I guess :smile:
My teacher which I had since S2 left in February, so we were stuck with a rubbish one for the last couple of topics, it is really annoying you feel like you are teaching yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending