The Student Room Group

Cambridge Geography Applicants 2019

Hey there!
Thought I’d make a thread for Cambridge geography applicants because there doesn’t seem to be one...
if you want to, leave a reply saying:
-your A levels, and predicted grades
-which college you’ve applied to
-where else you’ve applied, and what the outcomes have been if you’ve got any
-if you’ve heard about an interview

let’s chat!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by elean0r11
Hey there!
Thought I’d make a thread for Cambridge geography applicants because there doesn’t seem to be one...

let’s chat!!

Hey!

I'm an EU student (from France) so I'm not taking A-levels :smile:
Applied to Sidney Sussex but haven't heard anything so far.

Apart from Cambridge I applied to UCL, Edinburgh, Exeter, and Durham, but still haven't received any offers.

Wbu?
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi!
My A-Levels are Geography, Maths and RS, I'm predicted A*AA
I've applied to Emmanuel College
I also applied to UCL, KCL, Sheffield and Manchester - I have got offers from all of them :smile:

I've not heard about an interview yet, I'm so nervous! I'll find out sometime before the 24th so I'll have about 2 weeks to prepare for an interview if I get one
Original post by elean0r11
Hey there!

let’s chat!!

hellooo :smile:

I’m studying English Literature, Geography and Religious Studies with predicted grades A*A*A
applied for St John’s but haven’t heard anything back from them yet :frown:
also applied for bristol, liverpool, manchester & leeds and received offers from them all!!
Reply 4
I haven’t yet replied to my own thread!
I’m doing Geography, Politics, French and AS maths - predicted A*A*AA
I applied to Gonville and Cauis College, and I heard back about an interview next month today!
I’ve also applied for Durham, Manchester, Birmingham and Nottingham, and I’ve received offers from all of them!!
Hey hey!

Queens' applicant and I have an interview next week!

I take Geography, Politics, Maths and Further Maths (AS) and I'm predicted A*A*A*A respectively

Applied to Durham and Leeds too, both of which I have offers for :smile: I haven't quite decided on my other choices yet.. maybe between York/Sheffield/Edinburgh agghh I'm not sure
I just got an interview for the 6th of December! :biggrin:
Original post by PumpkinCastle
I just got an interview for the 6th of December! :biggrin:

congrats!! for what college?
Original post by apricotprincess_
congrats!! for what college?

Emmanuel!
hellooo :smile:

I’m studying English Literature, Geography and Religious Studies with predicted grades A*A*A
applied for St John’s but haven’t heard anything back from them yet :frown:
also applied for bristol, liverpool, manchester & leeds and received offers from them all!!

Hi I’m applying to St Johns as well. Have you heard about the interview yet or not?
Original post by Lee.cattz
Hi I’m applying to St Johns as well. Have you heard about the interview yet or not?

no I haven’t and it’s lowkey stressing me out, have you?
no I haven’t and it’s lowkey stressing me out, have you?

No I haven’t heard either, and I’m stressing out as well aha
No I haven’t heard either, and I’m stressing out as well aha

ahh okay, the spreadsheet on this forum shows that no one has been offered a geography interview for St. John’s which is a good sign I guess lol just wish they would hurry upppp
(edited 5 years ago)
ahh okay, the spreadsheet on this forum shows that no one has been offered a geography interview for St. John’s which is a good sign I guess lol just wish they would hurry upppp

I still haven't heard from St Johns...have you?
Reply 14

The college will get in touch with you even if your application has been unsuccessful. So don't worry: not having received anything yet doesn't mean at all you're rejected :wink:
However, if you haven't received anything in 4-5 days, try emailing St Johns admissions to make sure they haven't forgotten you.

nope :frown: I’ll let you know when I have and could you do the same? idk what’s taking them so long
Hi,
- So I take Geog, Maths and Chemistry with predicted grades A*AA
- Offered an interview at St. Catherine's college about a week ago (interview on 3rd Dec)
- Received offers from Exeter, Bristol and Loughborough but still waiting to hear from Durham

Good luck everyone :smile:
Oo
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by OllieWilliams16
Hi,
- So I take Geog, Maths and Chemistry with predicted grades A*AA
- Offered an interview at St. Catherine's college about a week ago (interview on 3rd Dec)
- Received offers from Exeter, Bristol and Loughborough but still waiting to hear from Durham

Good luck everyone :smile:

Hi - I'm thinking of taking these a levels (with biology too) and was wondering which one you find the hardest? Do I have to be naturally mathematical to do maths? How much is chem a level a step up from GCSE?
Original post by scaredchild
Received an invitation to St. John’s for interviews this morning, extremely nervous but excited!

Congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending