The Student Room Group

Transgender or not, my tax money should not go on to help a murderer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6405081/Transgender-murderer-serving-life-sentence-granted-gender-reassignment-surgery-NHS.html

A murderer has been granted the opportunity to undergo a £20k sex surgery, funded by the tax payers money. What has the world come to? Why is the NHS happily providing heath care for killers instead of focusing on the declining public health care? I do not want to give a penny to help a murderer, transgender or not, free world or not. This is absolutely outrageous, and I am so ashamed to be British.

Scroll to see replies

HAHA
Reply 2
I don’t care about the whole tax payers money bs but this is annoying because the NHS is barely able to fund essential services but can find money for this. Not only should transgenders fund their own surgery but a murderer?? What’s the point, they will probably never make it out of prison.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Psychedeliyaa
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6405081/Transgender-murderer-serving-life-sentence-granted-gender-reassignment-surgery-NHS.html

A murderer has been granted the opportunity to undergo a £20k sex surgery, funded by the tax payers money. What has the world come to? Why is the NHS happily providing heath care for killers instead of focusing on the declining public health care? I do not want to give a penny to help a murderer, transgender or not, free world or not. This is absolutely outrageous, filthy, disgusting and morally depraved and I am so ashamed to be British.

ah.... our lovely "healthcare" system getting it's priorities right.
This is not life saving health care.
As a life sentence serving murderer, this prisoner should absolutely not have the right to undergo this surgery on the nhs.
It is an unforgivable waste of money.
Sadly nowadays we’re so concerned with the rights of prisoners that we forget victims.
Prisoners who need nhs hospital services are pushed to the front of the queue. Especially a and e services specifically because staff want them dealt with and out ASAP. Totally understandable from their viewpoint.
Entirely unfair
It should not be happening.
Apart from a change of residence what exactly do prisoners give up nowadays?
Original post by Psychedeliyaa

A murderer has been granted the opportunity to undergo a £20k sex surgery, funded by the tax payers money. What has the world come to? Why is the NHS happily providing heath care for killers instead of focusing on the declining public health care? I do not want to give a penny to help a murderer, transgender or not, free world or not. This is absolutely outrageous, filthy, disgusting and morally depraved and I am so ashamed to be British.

I agree. This reprobate denies someone their personhood by killing them and gets rewarded? I thought once you commit a crime like that and are convicted as such, you lose your rights. This should not go ahead. If the murderer’s own body serves as yet another prison to them, all the better. It’s bad enough Britain’s law system is lenient to murderers.
Original post by Archurus23
I agree. This reprobate denies someone their personhood by killing them and gets rewarded? I thought once you commit a crime like that and are convicted as such, you lose your rights. This should not go ahead. If the murderer’s own body serves as yet another prison to them, all the better. It’s bad enough Britain’s law system is lenient to murderers.

All rights should be lost!
@DrawTheLine please move to D and CA
Original post by CoolCavy

Done:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by CoolCavy

What does this mean?
You’ve really got your priorities ****ed if you are so offended by the spending of a mere £20k of “your” tax-payers money.

How much tax have you paid?
Original post by Waldorf67
You’ve really got your priorities ****ed if you are so offended by the spending of a mere £20k of “your” tax-payers money.

I don’t think that was the OP’s point. Would you appreciate the criticism you’re giving out if you had to pay for something you didn’t agree with? You also failed to invalidate any of the OP’s points.
(edited 5 years ago)

Erm. Not telling exactly but my husband and I have paid our share for 34 and 32 years. Are we allowed to comment? Have we paid enough to have an opinion?
There has been an 'explosion' in the numbers of inmates applying for sex changes, something like 70% in a year. Presumably, everyone successful in their application will have it on the NHS. It is what it is, how else could they have it?
(edited 5 years ago)
the British Public would be far happier to see the Death Penalty brought back than wasting scarce assets on harebrained schemes like this.
OP is very transphobic.
Original post by Archurus23
I don’t think that was the OP’s point. Would you appreciate the criticism you’re giving out if you had to pay for something you didn’t agree with? You also failed to invalidate any of the OP’s points.

Where did I disagree with him in order to “invalidate his points”? Irrespective of whether I agree with him or not, the sad, old “my hard earned tax payers money” argument turns my stomach.

Especially coming from someone who’s barely dropped his balls.
Original post by Sammylou40
Erm. Not telling exactly but my husband and I have paid our share for 34 and 32 years. Are we allowed to comment? Have we paid enough to have an opinion?

How old are you? :rofl:
Original post by zhog
There has been an 'explosion' in the numbers of inmates applying for sex changes, something like 70% in a year. Presumably, everyone successful in their application will have it on the NHS. It is what it is, how else could they have it?

70% of what?
70% of what?

There has been such increase or whereabouts in the numbers of transgender inmates in a year, from 16 to 17. From memory, it's been done here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending