The Student Room Group

Is sexting cheating?

If a girl sends nudes to a guy, is it considered cheating?
If she's with someone else then obviously...???
If a girl sends nudes to another guy, whilst she’s in a relationship, that’s considered cheating. She’s still getting intimate with someone else, even if it may be through sexting.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
You know what, I'm gonna say yes. If you find that answer surprising, then you need to really take some time to think about relationships.
Reply 4
Original post by Lemonadez
If she's with someone else then obviously...???

Original post by unknxwnx
If a girl sends nudes to another guy, whilst she’s in a relationship, that’s considered cheating. She’s still getting intimate with someone else, even if it may be through sexting.

Original post by emirp
You know what, I'm gonna say yes. If you find that answer surprising, then you need to really take some time to think about relationships.

What if her partner knows that it's her job?
Original post by Anonymous

If it's her job and her partner knows and has agreed to it then it's not cheating. But that's a totally different scenario than what you first presented us with.

If the girl is in a relationship and the guy she is sending nudes to isn't her partner, then yes it is cheating.

I would still class it as cheating, but obviously her partner would have to be accepting of it to be with her.

How does that work then?
I think tech and messaging makes it very difficult to determine what is and isn't cheating sometimes. I mean, how do you decide if a message is flirtatious or suggestive? What about emotional cheating? However, sending nudes is definitely over that line, no matter how you look at it.

I wouldn’t strictly call it cheating, but that’s maybe just me - But if it’s a closed relationship, it’s definitely not okay
If it's your job I'd say no, as long as your partner knows about it and knows it means nothing but for most people this would be hard to accept

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending