The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Haven’t been rejected yet, but I did real bad on the Admissions Test so kinda ruled myself out.

Applied for Maths at Mansfield
Probably will be rejected pre-interview
Not going to re-apply, just wanted to try it out
I’ll probably make Warwick my firm now since I’ve already got an offer. Also got offers from QMUL and Bath.
Original post by SS__
Haven’t been rejected yet, but I did real bad on the Admissions Test so kinda ruled myself out.

Applied for Maths at Mansfield
Probably will be rejected pre-interview
Not going to re-apply, just wanted to try it out
I’ll probably make Warwick my firm now since I’ve already got an offer. Also got offers from QMUL and Bath.

Well I hope you get the interview! Let us know when you get a reply and best of luck with the rest of your unis!
I'm so sure I'm not getting an interview, I don't want to get the email bc I don't want to read the words. ughhhhhhhh
Reply 4
Original post by chemr0binson
Well I hope you get the interview! Let us know when you get a reply and best of luck with the rest of your unis!

Thank you so much! Just waiting on UCL and Oxford now. Not too bothered about UCL since I’m set on Warwick if Oxford doesn’t work out.
Reply 5
applied for History & Politics at Worcester
pre-interview
NO
offers from Durham, Combined Honours in Social Sciences (1st choice) and Lancaster, History, Philosophy and Politics

ps. probably screwed up the HAT because English is not my first language, am feeling a bit gutted & wanting to know everything about Durham
Original post by annajohnson00
I'm so sure I'm not getting an interview, I don't want to get the email bc I don't want to read the words. ughhhhhhhh

Ughh I know what you mean, it's an absolutely terrifying wait. Best of luck
Original post by haven.z
applied for History & Politics at Worcester
pre-interview
NO
offers from Durham, Combined Honours in Social Sciences (1st choice) and Lancaster, History, Philosophy and Politics

ps. probably screwed up the HAT because English is not my first language, am feeling a bit gutted & wanting to know everything about Durham

So sorry to hear that, especially about the HAT but I'm sure you probably did better than you think you did! Regardless, getting into Durham is an incredible achievement and I'm sure you'll absolutely love it there. What grades do you need for durham?
Reply 8
Original post by chemr0binson
So sorry to hear that, especially about the HAT but I'm sure you probably did better than you think you did! Regardless, getting into Durham is an incredible achievement and I'm sure you'll absolutely love it there. What grades do you need for durham?

Thank you haha. Need A*AA to get into durham.
Reply 9
Got a phat rejection from New for PPE aw yeah
got rejected for economics and management (guess i wasn't better than the other 13 people fighting for the spot)

What college and course did you apply for: economics and management
-What stage you were rejected at: pre-interview
-Are you going to reapply: nah
-What other offers you have/ what your first choice is: warwick and durham (first choice is princeton in the states but idm lse)

ngl was kinda bummed about it (would've been less bummed if it was after the interview)
Original post by zxvs
Got a phat rejection from New for PPE aw yeah

ah that sucks. Got anywhere else you wanna go?
Original post by millimeters
got rejected for economics and management (guess i wasn't better than the other 13 people fighting for the spot)

-What other offers you have/ what your first choice is: warwick and durham (first choice is princeton in the states but idm lse)

ngl was kinda bummed about it (would've been less bummed if it was after the interview)

I completely get where you're coming from. Even though ik having an interview wouldn't have really changed the outcome bc I didn't have a very competitive application, I just wish I'd been rejected after interviews so at least I could've spent a few days in Ox and it probably wouldn't have hurt my pride so much aha. Wow Princeton?! When do they make offers/ what grades would you need for that? Best of luck!
Original post by millimeters

Which college did you apply to?
Reply 14
Hello, I received a rejection from Exeter college for PPE. When refreshing the UCAS Track page, I realized that my Oxford application has not been updating yet. Is this the same for you?
Original post by Skylati
Hello, I received a rejection from Exeter college for PPE. When refreshing the UCAS Track page, I realized that my Oxford application has not been updating yet. Is this the same for you?

Ucas will not be updated until January with everyone else.
Hey, not heard back yet but I thought that I'd might as well make a post as the admissions tests didn't go brilliantly and I only have good (by no means amazing) gcse results.

College and Course: PPL (philosophy and linguistics) at Worcester.
Stage: Pre-Interview (probably)
Re-apply? **** that
Other offers: Heard back from Newcastle and York, still waiting on Edinburgh. Also have a fifth place free, will probably apply to Durham.
(edited 5 years ago)
Applied for History and Economics at St John's. Rejected pre interview is a little bit of a bummer tho. I dont think my HAT went very well

I'm not gonna reapply cause im canadian and it's too expensive or too much of a hassel to delay my other schools for a year to apply. I got into UCL and a few others so far but I'm probs going to UofT or Queens (Canada).

Its not the end of the world they simply want the best qualified people which is understandable. Perhaps I could try for a graduate degree. :smile:
What a great idea for a thread. I've never applied to Oxford, but I would have been rejected based on my school grades. I consider myself an honoury Oxford reject. Rejects unite!
Reply 19
Just got rejected. Probably due to my admissions test score tbh :frown: oh well

Latest

Trending

Trending