The Student Room Group

Are postgraduate tuition fees fully funded in the UK for UK Home students

I want to do the MSc in accounting at LSE after I finish my degree in law, or philosophy if I a transfer to UCL next year for philosophy. I want to get into corporate law or investment banking afterwards. But for accounting it says that it costs around 28 thousand pounds on the LSE website (why is that?), and SFE only give you 10 thousand pounds for postgraduate funding apparently. If so, are there any other fundings available alongside SFE, that can enable me to completely fund the LSE program. Weren't the postgraduate degrees supposed to be fully funded, similar to the undergraduate degrees? Thank you in advance.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Efron
I want to do the MSc in accounting at LSE after I finish my degree in law, or philosophy if I a transfer to UCL next year for philosophy. I want to get into corporate law or investment banking afterwards. But for accounting it says that it costs around 28 thousand pounds on the LSE website (why is that?), and SFE only give you 10 thousand pounds for postgraduate funding apparently. If so, are there any other fundings available alongside SFE, that can enable me to completely fund the LSE program. Weren't the postgraduate degrees supposed to be fully funded, similar to the undergraduate degrees? Thank you in advance.

You have to pay the balance. Taught master degrees are not fully funded in the same way as undergraduate degrees.

There are a few ways. There was an additional loan scheme, but i believe that is being discontinued at some point over the next year. LSE offer a number of scholarships and need-based awards. These will be detailed on the relevant course page on their website.

If your career goal is to become a corporate lawyer, consider if a MSc in accounting is really necessary. Perhaps talk to the career department at your uni,
You ain't even finished first year and you want me to waste time giving advice about master's courses and the funding available.

Time wasting gum flapper.
Reply 3
Original post by Notoriety
You ain't even finished first year and you want me to waste time giving advice about master's courses and the funding available.

If you know could you please answer, I would really appreciate it, because I feel safer to plan and know exactly what I'm doing way ahead. Thank you in advance.

Just realised who it is. If you do advise then be prepared.
Reply 5
Thank you for the answer, my friend recently told me that the reason LSE charges those fees is because it doesn't want to use its modest surpluses to subsidise UK MSc students as a class. Its subsidies go to research, since that is the LSE's mission. Given the LSE's poor performance in the teaching excellence framework and national student survey, she said that most UK students know that they will get better teaching at another management school picked at random. Nevertheless I want LSE was because I wanted to do postgraduate in accounting, and that was LSE'S strength alongside Economics. But if I changed my mind and wanted to do an MBA, I would definitely go to cass business school over Imperial, Warwick, maybe LBS depending on the situation. Because the Cass business school is one of the best in the world, and is soon gaining ground to eventually become the top 5 or 10 in the world in the near future.
Reply 6
LBS and Warwick are one of the best in the world, yes, I didn't say it wasn't, but for finance LBS and CASS are better for finance than Warwick and imperial. I would agree that LBS is better than CASS generally, but most people from CASS get top jobs at Goldman Sachs and other big places. I know people who have turned down LBS for CASS even though they were rich and could have easily self funded an MBA program at LBS, but they picked CASS nevertheless, for whatever reason that is. As for accounting and finance not being LSE's strength, maybe that's true, but it's better than city university of London’s MSc's in accounting and finance, and LSE scores number one in the UK for accounting and finance after Oxford and Cambridge, which in my opinion is inferior to LSE for any MSc degrees if we're talking about mere employment prospects. Many thanks.
There's Wired, then Reality at Notts, then my dad's left nut which was held back a year or 3 at school, then there's Efron.
Reply 8
There's Wired, then Reality at Notts, then my dad's left nut which was held back a year or 3 at school, then there's Efron.

Oh dear, you truly are a bunch of low life dimwits, aren't you. Silly people who would rather insult people on a chat room rather than actually answering the question asked. It's just a shame that innocent people are getting mislead by inaccurate information spreaded across this chat room by people like you and the rest of your TSR but buddy's, I have empathy for the countless people you have fed your delusions to online. Only I would not be here to correct you when you decide to target and confuse another on this poisonous chat room full of toxic people like yourself.I have mistakenly wasted a lot of time on here with you time wasters, I cannot compete, it's 40 douchebags against 1 (me) who is actually talking sense in comparison to your over-exaggerated elitist claims that are unnecessarily creating division, and the thing is, that no matter what you say, it's blatantly not true, hence you guys are either lying, or your living in a deceased bubble, so keep on living your fantasy, nobody's stopping you, you have each other to give warmth to your delusions. The bottom line is that if you want to live in a word of fairies, dragons and unicorns, then by all means proceed, just try not to get upset when your not taken seriously. For any innocent soul who's confused by the claims of these academics, my only advice is to switch to Quora, they have actual reliable professionals there, that form mature and logical arguments and discuss differences in a sensible adult manner, rather than bombard you with lies and hearsey, and get hostile if your opinion is different in anyway to there's. Say what you will after this, it has no effect, none of your words hold any light, it is simply meaningless, misleading, and for the most part untrue and a LIE, regardless of the intensity in which you decide to conduct your well written arguments. Bave in your own stupidity, until hopefully, one day, you see some sense. I have said whatever it is there needs to be said, any other claims are void, because that means you either haven't read my previous posts, or your just ignoring them, and repeating the same trash you've been repeating over and over again. Good luck
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Efron
Oh dear, you truly are a bunch of low life dimwits, aren't you. Silly people who would rather insult people on a chat room rather than actually answering the question asked. It's just a shame that innocent people are getting mislead by inaccurate information spreaded across this chat room by people like you and the rest of your TSR but buddy's, I have empathy for the countless people you have fed your delusions to online. Only I would not be here to correct you when you decide to target and confuse another on this poisonous chat room full of toxic people like yourself.I have mistakenly wasted a lot of time on here with you time wasters, I cannot compete, it's 40 douchebags against 1 (me) who is actually talking sense in comparison to your over-exaggerated elitist claims that are unnecessarily creating division, and the thing is, that no matter what you say, it's blatantly not true, hence you guys are either lying, or your living in a deceased bubble, so keep on living your fantasy, nobody's stopping you, you have each other to give warmth to your delusions. The bottom line is that if you want to live in a word of fairies, dragons and unicorns, then by all means proceed, just try not to get upset when your not taken seriously. For any innocent soul who's confused by the claims of these academics, my only advice is to switch to Quora, they have actual reliable professionals there, that form mature and logical arguments and discuss differences in a sensible adult manner, rather than bombard you with lies and hearsey, and get hostile if your opinion is different in anyway to there's. Say what you will after this, it has no effect, none of your words hold any light, it is simply meaningless, misleading, and for the most part untrue and a LIE, regardless of the intensity in which you decide to conduct your well written arguments. Bave in your own stupidity, until hopefully, one day, you see some sense. I have said whatever it is there needs to be said, any other claims are void, because that means you either haven't read my previous posts, or your just ignoring them, and repeating the same trash you've been repeating over and over again. Good luck

Sigh.

What’s the tantrum all about?

Your question was answered above by a couple of people.
Reply 10
Original post by RV3112
Sigh.

What’s the tantrum all about?

Your question was answered above by a couple of people.

Well I guess you didn't bother to read or just ignored the other stupid unrelated comments both on this thread, and on the other previous thread. I was reffering to those people, nobody else for your information, if you didn't figure that out earlier.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Efron
Well I guess you didn't bother to read or just ignored the other stupid unrelated comments both on this thread, and on the other previous thread. I was reffering to those people, nobody else for your information, if you didn't figure that out earlier.

Shockingly i don't read every previous thread of a user, but you did say "it's 40 douchebags against 1 (me)".

But on a serious note, you asked a question which people have answered, so i don't understand your outrage. Evidently, you seem to have irked a few users in the past, but that aside, what more can be done to answer your query?
Reply 12
I quoted Notoriety, though my aim wasn't to reply.
Reply 13
Original post by RV3112
Shockingly i don't read every previous thread of a user, but you did say "it's 40 douchebags against 1 (me)".

But on a serious note, you asked a question which people have answered, so i don't understand your outrage. Evidently, you seem to have irked a few users in the past, but that aside, what more can be done to answer your query?

Evidently Notoriety and plenty of other users have irked countless post's and the users who ask questions. There is no other answer for my query, my "tantrum" as you say is not about the question, that was answered by the user who posted the first answer, (in which I thank) it is about the sickening influence of these dirty minded users that don't answer the question and rather decide to mock you, I was reffering not only to this post, but to all the posts in which they have decided to spread hate and negativity on.
(edited 5 years ago)
And mine did more damage.

Just shows you size isn't everything.
You do realise the reason why so many people wont respond to him is because he doesnt listen, he knows better and he ends up arguing with you, when he has no grounds to do so. I was going to explain, but just noticed who it was. Good luck.
Oh I just laugh at this point.
Reply 17
Original post by Efron

Relax fam. It's okay to be stupid.
Reply 19
Original post by A Cactus
Relax fam. It's okay to be stupid.

Thank you, just proved my point.

Quick Reply

Latest