The Student Room Group

Cie a level 9990 psychology A level

Is anyone else doing the A level part of cue psychology 9990 ? Let’s talk about it , which books do u guys use and what are your opinions on the lesson until now and which sections have you chosen out of the four . I am using the black book , I think there are so many details , I can’t keep up : ( . Do u guys use any other useful resources

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Universecolors
Is anyone else doing the A level part of cue psychology 9990 ? Let’s talk about it , which books do u guys use and what are your opinions on the lesson until now and which sections have you chosen out of the four . I am using the black book , I think there are so many details , I can’t keep up : ( . Do u guys use any other useful resources

Hi, I’m studying AS psychology for now and planning to finish the syllabus in December as I’m doing AS and A level psychology in May June 2019. I found the black Cambridge book really helpful but research methods was really long for me and I kept taking breaks lol.. I still didn’t reach the approaches and case studies. Do you have any tips or advice that may help in general?
I finished AS and got a B. The second paper was hard. I just did past papers. Don't know how im going to study for a2 :frown:
Original post by Rainfall
I finished AS and got a B. The second paper was hard. I just did past papers. Don't know how im going to study for a2 :frown:

Hellooo, how did you find AS and how did u study for it? Cause I’m self studying it ;/
Original post by lujainkalo
Hellooo, how did you find AS and how did u study for it? Cause I’m self studying it ;/

I loved AS tbh. I had a teacher and I used the CIE book. You just gotta memorize the study and do plenty of past papers. I'm self studying a2 this year and haven't even started.
Hi, I am currently doing A2 and I am using the black test book as well. Our techer told us that the information from the book is not enough and extra reading is needed.
Things that I found helpful:
1. the original paper of the studies
2. simplypsychology (a website which summaries some main points)
3. Cambridge revision guide
4. Online resources
5. Past paper (PapaCambridge website)
(edited 5 years ago)
I loved AS tbh. I had a teacher and I used the CIE book. You just gotta memorize the study and do plenty of past papers. I'm self studying a2 this year and haven't even started.

But the past papers are very limited, do you think they’re enough? And will self studying be enough for me since at my school they don’t provide psychology teachers ;(
Original post by baelish04
Hi, I am currently doing A2 and I am using the black test book as well. Our techer told us that the information from the book is not enough and extra reading is needed.
I found reading the original paper of the studies helps, simplypsychology is also a website which summerised the main points and I found it helpful.

What book are you guys talking about? Where else do you get information then? I'm self studying a2 and don't know where to start
But the past papers are very limited, do you think they’re enough? And will self studying be enough for me since at my school they don’t provide psychology teachers ;(

There's plenty. I also watched documentaries or any movies the studies have. Lots of information on youtub aswell. Maybe get a tutor? Anything is possible but you must work even harder
What book are you guys talking about? Where else do you get information then? I'm self studying a2 and don't know where to start

Cambridge International AS and A Level Psychology Coursebook. I have edited some other ways, you may take a look.
According to paper 4, I think you have to pick 2 topics among the 4 (Psychology and abnormality, Psychology and consumer behaviour, Psychology and health, Psychology and organisations) and focus on studying them.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by baelish04
Cambridge International AS and A Level Psychology Coursebook. I have edited some other ways, you may take a look.
According to paper 4, I think you have to pick 2 topics among the 4 (Psychology and abnormality, Psychology and consumer behaviour, Psychology and health, Psychology and organisations) and focus on studying them.

Which do you think is the easiest to learn for writing essays and such?
Oh wait I'm doing 9698 And it's only 3 papers

But starting from next year it’s 9990

But my teacher said it's 9698 and there's only one paper for a2.
Which do you think is the easiest to learn for writing essays and such

You may look at the mark scheme first to see what they want us to include in the essays. After reading the study, you can think of/ look up points to evaluate. Me personally think it's easiest to search for some valid points then elaborate them. Then you will develop a habitat of evaluating each approaches/ studies.
(edited 5 years ago)

If your teacher says so.. I checked the syllabus not a while back and it says the 9698 is no longer used for the next years so I’m a bit confused

But my teacher said it's 9698 and there's only one paper for a2.
If your teacher says so.. I checked the syllabus not a while back and it says the 9698 is no longer used for the next years so I’m a bit confused

Wth. I need to contact my exam centre then. That's more money now smh
Hi, I’m studying AS psychology for now and planning to finish the syllabus in December as I’m doing AS and A level psychology in May June 2019. I found the black Cambridge book really helpful but research methods was really long for me and I kept taking breaks lol.. I still didn’t reach the approaches and case studies. Do you have any tips or advice that may help in general?

Hey, there are really good AS level case study videos on youtube from a channel called " CIE AS and Alevel Psychology". It genuinely helped me last year. Simplypsychology has amazing notes on research methods.

Best wishes,
Janadi
Original post by janadiashin
Hey, there are really good AS level case study videos on youtube from a channel called " CIE AS and Alevel Psychology". It genuinely helped me last year. Simplypsychology has amazing notes on research methods.

Best wishes,
Janadi

What about for A level

hi i am self-studying psychology and I don't know where to start can you recommend me a book or a website to study from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending