The Student Room Group

Official Oxford Chemistry 2019 Application

Hi

Scroll to see replies

:ciao: Hello fellow applicant!
Which college have you applied to?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
I applied to Somerville College. I hope I did well in TSA and can be invited to interview on December 3th
Reply 3
Hi! I searched on the website and could not find an official Chemistry application thread. I hope more chemistry applicants can gather around here and share their thoughts & experience!
Original post by Jexxy0504
Hi! I searched on the website and could not find an official Chemistry application thread. I hope more chemistry applicants can gather around here and share their thoughts & experience!

I, too, hope more people join. By looking at the big threads I can see that chemistry is not that popular as a subject.

I have applied to Magdalen and I hope I still get interviewed despite the TSA going horribly. I heard that at this stage the TSA is not used negatively so I hope the rest of my application is strong enough.
Reply 5
Original post by GCSE pupil
I, too, hope more people join. By looking at the big threads I can see that chemistry is not that popular as a subject.

I have applied to Magdalen and I hope I still get interviewed despite the TSA going horribly. I heard that at this stage the TSA is not used negatively so I hope the rest of my application is strong enough.

I heard as long as you have strong GCE grades they would not take TSA as a heavy factor when making short listing decisions. Good luck!
I heard as long as you have strong GCE grades they would not take TSA as a heavy factor when making short listing decisions. Good luck!

That is such good news! Thank you! Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 7
Is it that most interviews are given one week prior?
anyone heard about interviews yet?
Reply 9
Original post by ssserena
Is it that most interviews are given one week prior?

It seems like some colleges already released Chemistry decisions...
Reply 10
Not yet. Which college are you applying to?????
Original post by seshgoose
anyone heard about interviews yet?
Not yet :/
Which college have you all applied for?
Original post by Amy12344321
Which college have you all applied for?

Magdalen
Not yet. Which college are you applying to?????

University college. how about you?
Original post by seshgoose
University college. how about you?

I have applied to university college as well! Have you received any news about interviews yet?
Original post by Amy12344321
I have applied to university college as well! Have you received any news about interviews yet?

No not yet... How about you?
not heard anything from St Catz yet, assuming I won't hear over the weekend as well
Nothing from Magdalen :frown:
Hey all

(Going to be really weird phrasing as the
m , . don't work )
How's everyone and has anyone else heard back regarding Oriel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending