The Student Room Group

Am I applying to uni too late?

Hi, I am aware that the deadline for UCAS applications is January but a lot of people I know have already sent theirs. I want to do a course at uni of Manchester that only has 100 places, but I have not yet applied for any universities as I have not yet finished my personal statement. Should I be worried? Does anyone know about Manchester’s admissions process? Thanks :smile:
Original post by elliieloftus
Hi, I am aware that the deadline for UCAS applications is January but a lot of people I know have already sent theirs. I want to do a course at uni of Manchester that only has 100 places, but I have not yet applied for any universities as I have not yet finished my personal statement. Should I be worried? Does anyone know about Manchester’s admissions process? Thanks :smile:

You shouldn't worry as long as you meet the January deadline,which course do you want to apply for?
Reply 2
It is definitely not too late to apply. As long as you get your personal statement ready to go within the next couple of weeks you should be okay. Don't worry about the amount of places available for your course at Manchester as that means they will have to take more time to consider who is the best fit for the course out of the applicants and they will give your application just as much thought as everyone else who has applied earlier.
Original post by claireestelle
You shouldn't worry as long as you meet the January deadline,which course do you want to apply for?

Thank you, I am applying for English Literature
Original post by lucie306
It is definitely not too late to apply. As long as you get your personal statement ready to go within the next couple of weeks you should be okay. Don't worry about the amount of places available for your course at Manchester as that means they will have to take more time to consider who is the best fit for the course out of the applicants and they will give your application just as much thought as everyone else who has applied earlier.

Thank you very much this is very reassuring :smile:
Universities have to give equal consideration before jan so dont worry. Even though Manchester shows 100 places they will make several times more offers. They will be aware not everyone they make offers to accept it. Even after the deadline most universities make offers as there are usually unfilled places
Hey guys ... has anyone applied for Northampton?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending