The Student Room Group
Mate you’re missing the basic entry requirements; you’ll be outright rejected, so just go for Industrial Econ.
Reply 2
Original post by alexmcnicol
A*AA is needed for pure econ which I would rather do but I'm predicted A*AB so I am a little off. Industrial econ is AAB so is it worth applying for both and missing out on another possible uni choice in case I don't get pure econ or are they likely to offer industrial econ if I don't get an offer for pure economics?

Simply put, you do not meet the minimum requirements for Economics.

That said, be aware that Industrial Economics is a very different course in terms of content to straight Economics. Its focus is on microeconomics, and there are a lot more management/business type modules for you to take. For example, you cannot focus on macroeconomics or macro-finance related topics in the Industrial Economics programme. You will however cover things such as price theory, managerial economics, etc.

Look here for the modules in the Industrial Economics degree and what you'll end up covering:
https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/courses/business/industrial-economics.aspx

So if you are after a more broad economics training, then Industrial Economics really is not the course to apply for.
Original post by FreeMarketMeme
Mate you’re missing the basic entry requirements; you’ll be outright rejected, so just go for Industrial Econ.

Original post by alexmcnicol
A*AA is needed for pure econ which I would rather do but I'm predicted A*AB so I am a little off. Industrial econ is AAB so is it worth applying for both and missing out on another possible uni choice in case I don't get pure econ or are they likely to offer industrial econ if I don't get an offer for pure economics?

Hi, what did you apply finally ?

Latest

Trending

Trending