The Student Room Group

PwC Legal Vac Scheme 2019

Hey has anyone applied yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by law3651
Hey has anyone applied yet?

Yes, waiting for my assessment results. What stage are you at?
Reply 2
Original post by VC_TC
Yes, waiting for my assessment results. What stage are you at?
Same stage as you. They will release results after the deadline for all assessments which is Jan 31st.
Reply 3
Hi there, have anyone completed the video interview part? It will be really grateful if someone could help by sharing his/her experience!
Thank you (:
Reply 4
Original post by zowie918
Hi there, have anyone completed the video interview part? It will be really grateful if someone could help by sharing his/her experience!
Thank you (:

Wow have you already got an invite? I thought we only find out after the deadline
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by zowie918
Thank you (:

Hey Zowie918,

We supply video interviewing software, so can definitely help with this one!

On average, most employers ask 7-10 questions, giving you time in between (10-60 seconds) to think and compose yourself before the camera starts recording. Typically, you will have between 1.5 and 2 minutes to respond to a question. Hiring companies tend to give you more time than you need. They won’t be evaluating you on how long your answer is, so don’t think that you need to fill every second of the allocated time. If you finish your answer and still have time remaining, simply press the option to move on to the next question. There is no need to wait until the end of the allotted time.

The key thing to establish is whether the employer follows a competency (i.e. how you do something) or strength-based approach (i.e. what engages and interests you), they are usually quite upfront with this information/
Next, try to establish what competencies or strengths they are assessing, the larger employers publish these and if you unable to find them then refer to The Guardian UK 300 as this tells you what ‘Core skills are required’ for your employer/similar employers.

Employers like to think that you’ve spent every waking minute of your life dreaming about working for them so make sure you have a clear understanding of what they do so you can explain how your career aspirations are aligned with the opportunity. Also, it’s worth hitting the news tab on Google to see if there’s anything notable that you might be able to weave into your interview to demonstrate the groundwork that you’ve done.

Hope this helps, but if you have any more questions then ask away! :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 6
I also applied for pwc vac scheme a few weeks ago and completed the unlocked game. I was told that I'll hear feadback closer to the due date. Has anyone heard more than this?
Reply 7
Original post by law3651
Wow have you already got an invite? I thought we only find out after the deadline
Hi, I spoke to graduate recruitment. They have not even set a benchmark as of yet, given that not everyone has completed the tests. We will not find out till after the deadline for the online assessments late January.
Reply 8
Original post by LolaSal
Hi, I spoke to graduate recruitment. They have not even set a benchmark as of yet, given that not everyone has completed the tests. We will not find out till after the deadline for the online assessments late January.

That is exactly what I thought but earlier someone seemed to have made it to video interview stage.
Reply 9
Original post by law3651
That is exactly what I thought but earlier someone seemed to have made it to video interview stage.

I think maybe they applied for a different stream? Perhaps there is a score that would automatically generate a video interview invite, but I doubt it.
I just got a video interview invite
Reply 11
Original post by yuiop1995

Hey, did you get an email?
Reply 12
Hi! I'm completing the form - bit surprised that they aren't any questions at all e.g. why PWC Legal/describe a time etc. Just wanted to check that this was the case when everyone applied. Thanks in advance! :smile:
Original post by ssh12bl
Hi! I'm completing the form - bit surprised that they aren't any questions at all e.g. why PWC Legal/describe a time etc. Just wanted to check that this was the case when everyone applied. Thanks in advance! :smile:

yeah you're on the right track!
Reply 14
Hi, sorry this is a technical question. I am awaiting feedback to see whether I have been progressed to the next stage (video interview) and have completed the games based assessment. Unfortunately, I am having issues logging into amber track where "your next step" and "current status" are blank. I remember after I had initially completed the games based assessment, the portal had a backdrop of a blonde gentleman and a message which read that I would hear back shortly. This has now changed to a brunette lady with a maroon top. I am assuming the status has changed but for some reason, I cannot see whether it is a rejection or acceptance onto the next stage. I cannot access my messages either. I was wondering whether anybody remembers this backdrop and what their message said. It's a long shot, but I have contacted graduate recruitment- just keen to figure out if I have been rejected.

Also, on the main dashboard, a message reads 'Congratulations on being invited to the next stage of our application process! Check your messages for more details" and I am on the third green dot (out of five) if that makes any sense?
Hi there! I just received the video interview invitation. Did some research on wikijob and other websites, apparently the legal scheme has different questions for the case study part. Do you mind sharing what kind of questions did they ask for the case study? Really appreciate it if you could help! Thank you (:
Original post by yuiop1995
Reply 16
Original post by astridleongg
Hi there! I just received the video interview invitation. Did some research on wikijob and other websites, apparently the legal scheme has different questions for the case study part. Do you mind sharing what kind of questions did they ask for the case study? Really appreciate it if you could help! Thank you (:

Hey is this for their vac scheme? Still haven’t heard a word since October
Original post by law3651
Hey is this for their vac scheme? Still haven’t heard a word since October

same ^
I just did the game today. Maths is NOT a strong suit. Did any of you who got a video interview feel that this had gone badly too?
Original post by Futch
I just did the game today. Maths is NOT a strong suit. Did any of you who got a video interview feel that this had gone badly too?

Hi, what tests are in the game? Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending