The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some people (including myself) don't want their relationship details to be shared to random people on the internet. Perhaps he's that kind of person.

It's really not a big deal.
how does it feel being a sidechick
Reply 3
He could have just left that blank? How is having “single” in your bio making your relationship private? It makes it a secret if anything :frown:
Original post by UWS
Some people (including myself) don't want their relationship details to be shared to random people on the internet. Perhaps he's that kind of person.

It's really not a big deal.
he probably just hasn't thought to update it
Reply 5
Original post by ignorewhatisay
how does it feel being a sidechick

It's probably been like that since before you got together and he just never updated it.
Is your relationship for facebook... or is it for you and him?
Think about it.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a bit bothered by this but I don’t know if it should be a concern. I’ve been with him half a year so I’d say we’re pretty serious. I personally don’t have any relationship status on my Facebook but I’m sure he’d have a problem with me having single on there.
Should I talk to him?

There could be a perfectly good reason, such as he prefers to keep relationship matters private (you mention that you don't have your relationship status on Facebook) or perhaps he never got around to changing it (busy or forgot about it). If it really bothers you, talk to him about it, but don't automatically think the worst.
Reply 9
He’s always online though :frown:
Original post by Hirsty97
he probably just hasn't thought to update it
he's trying to hint at a breakup duhh

Spoiler

Original post by Linalolo
Is your relationship for facebook... or is it for you and him?
Think about it.

I did think about this but if his relationship wasn’t for Facebook, he’d leave that blank. Having single in your bio is denying that you’re in a relationship imo...
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
He could have just left that blank? How is having “single” in your bio making your relationship private? It makes it a secret if anything :frown:

Stop overthinking. You're making this into more of a big deal than there already is. You want to make a scene over a Facebook status? Be my guest. Does it make you feel better that a meaningless Facebook relationship status broadcasted your relationship for all to see?
Personally I use Facebook a lot but never check or update my profile apart from the odd profile picture but that’s it. I went out with my (now ex) girlfriend for about 4 months before she questioned me why it said ‘Single’ in my bio and I just hadn’t updated it. Never thought to. Don’t worry about it.
ask him why? Analyse his reaction

Mine is single but I've been dating nearly 3 years
(edited 5 years ago)
You're really overthinking it lmao. It doesn't matter what his relationship status says because it's just Facebook. He probably hasn't had the time, or the thought to update it because it's such a trivial thing. Let alone that, the notification it posts to your timeline when you change your status, may be something he doesn't want to have on his Facebook because people are nosey.
My god children these days really don't understand principles of relationships. The status doesn't matter and that isn't him actively denying he has a relationship.
When my relationship ended, my ex forgot to update his status back to 'single' and I didn't care because it's obvious he's probably not thought to update it. Who in today's age uses Facebook anyway lmfao?
tell him to change it... otherwise it's obvs not true
This is ****ing childish. Who. Cares?
Its not official unless its facebook official /s

Seriously though. Facebook's statuses are stupid no one uses them seriously. Also like others have said maybe he would rather keep his relationship between you and him and not have it open to the world.
I think I’m my opinion that you should be bothered and if he didn’t like sharing that he has a relationship then he shouldn’t need to say anything on his profile about being single or in a relationship maybe just ask him where he is at with your relationship and if you are on the same page

Hope I helped

Latest

Trending

Trending