The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

did you guys get an email about the averages??
Original post by Mermaidqueen

I didn’f
Original post by geekgirl4803
I didn’f

okay, neither did i. just checking because last year apparently the night before, applicants received an email with the averages
Original post by Mermaidqueen

No haha... were we meant to? 😅
What did you all get in the BMAT? I got 4.6, 5.0 and 4A
I got 4.6 4.0 3A
Is this enough for UCL?
Original post by archibald300
I got 4.6 4.0 3A
Is this enough for UCL?

I’m not sure but since they look at things holistically, maybe you might be called for interview?
I got 4.2 4.8 and 3A...is that enough?
I’m not sure but since they look at things holistically, maybe you might be called for interview?

Well done your score is amazing!
What other things do ucl look at? x
Original post by archibald300
Well done your score is amazing!
What other things do ucl look at? x

Thank you! I think they look at your GCSEs and predicted grades, your personal statement and references?
Thank you! I think they look at your GCSEs and predicted grades, your personal statement and references?

I have 9A*s 2As at GCSE, A* A* A predictions at A level.
Idrk how good my PS/Ref were...
Graduate applicant here :smile: Do I have a chance for interview with 5.7, 4.8 and 4A?
help me out!!!
here are my stats, what do u think? do i have a chance with a low bmat s1 score

9 A*s 2 As IGCSE
3 A* predictions ( 1 A* last year)
3.4,6.5,3.5A

5 rankings including 1 top of the world, 3 top of africa
1 month hospital volunteering
red cross
head girl
(edited 5 years ago)
i got 4.2 (sigh) 7.2 and 4A....that first mark...do you think this is enough for UCL? i’m an international applicant...
Original post by XxxvatxxX
I am pretty sure it is holistic, so they look at EVERYTHING. That includes BMAT, GCSE, Predictions, Personal statement etc.

No they do not look at GCSE's i have emailed UCL and imperial.
I got 4.8, 4.8 and 3A.
A*,A,A (ach)
Strong personal statment and reference (according to mock pannel interviewers)
2A*,4A,3B and C GCSEs (UCL and imperial do not look at GCSE's but i thought i would include it)
Recon i could scrape an interview if the BMAT and P.S. is indeed 50:50 weighting maybe my PS might pick up my lowerish BMAT scores whilst having achived grades, may give me a slight advantage?
Original post by nbitar17
help me out!!!
here are my stats, what do u think? do i have a chance with a low bmat s1 score

9 A*s 2 As IGCSE
3 A* predictions ( 1 A* last year)
3.4,6.5,3.5A

5 rankings including 1 top of the world, 3 top of africa
1 month hospital volunteering
red cross
head girl

The average for UCL last year was like 5.2 5.3 3.5A I think. Taking the average of S1 and 2, your scores are just under 5. I think you've definitely got a shot for at least an interview, given that 5.2 5.3 3.5A is just an average, meaning around 50% of those accepted did worse than that. Just make sure to prep really hard for interview to try and stand out more. Good luck
Hi, does anyone know UCL's BMAT statistics this year like averages and whatnot? I didn't get an email and google search isn't giving out anything.
Original post by seasoncolors
Hi, does anyone know UCL's BMAT statistics this year like averages and whatnot? I didn't get an email and google search isn't giving out anything.

5.2 5.3 3.5A or 5.3 5.2 3.5A. One of them
Original post by sparksflyyyyy
i got 4.2 (sigh) 7.2 and 4A....that first mark...do you think this is enough for UCL? i’m an international applicant...

Hey man, firstly, it sucks for you international students. You'd be completely set with those scores if you lived here. Secondly, you should be alright for an interview at least. Try and find the average international student results from last year to get a baseline. Good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending