The Student Room Group

Applying to another university?

I applied to Cambridge about 10 minutes before the deadline, later in the month I received an email saying to fill out a questionnaire only to find out that the next day I have been rejected due to past deadline. Can I still apply to another university that has a deadline in January or do I only have my 4 other options to rely on?
Original post by KevT
I applied to Cambridge about 10 minutes before the deadline, later in the month I received an email saying to fill out a questionnaire only to find out that the next day I have been rejected due to past deadline. Can I still apply to another university that has a deadline in January or do I only have my 4 other options to rely on?

You can't reuse that choice so you ve got your other 4.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You can't reuse that choice so you ve got your other 4.

Wow that's really annoying considering I applied before the deadline. It was either Cam or Bristol, really regrety my choice
Reply 3
Original post by KevT

Original post by KevT
Wow that's really annoying considering I applied before the deadline. It was either Cam or Bristol, really regrety my choice

You could have swapped out Cambridge if you did so within 2 weeks of originally applying.

But your timings don't tally: the Oxbridge deadline was the 15th Oct, and then the Cambridge SAQ deadline was 22nd Oct and I somehow doubt you were sent an email to complete the SAQ *after* the SAQ deadline. And even if you were you could still have swapped out Cambridge for Bristol because it was within the 2 week window.

If you still want to go to Bristol you *might* be able to do so via Adjustment.

Or there's always a gap year application.
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
You could have swapped out Cambridge if you did so within 2 weeks of originally applying.

But your timings don't tally: the Oxbridge deadline was the 15th Oct, and then the Cambridge SAQ deadline was 22nd Oct and I somehow doubt you were sent an email to complete the SAQ *after* the SAQ deadline. And even if you were you could still have swapped out Cambridge for Bristol because it was within the 2 week window.

If you still want to go to Bristol you *might* be able to do so via Adjustment.

Or there's always a gap year application.

Well here's the thing, ucas sent the 'confirmation' email which in it that states they recieved my application on the 21st of November and have been sent to all unis... One day late I received an email from Cambrudge saying this:
Thank you for applying to the University of Cambridge through UCAS.

In order to make a valid application to the University you must now complete an online Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ). You must complete and submit your questionnaire as soon as possible. If you are applying from outside the European Union (EU) you should first complete a Cambridge Online Preliminary Application (COPA) by the appropriate deadline. Please see https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/copa for further information.

That was only a segment of the email, the next day after I got an email again from cambridge saying that I was deadline so I'm extremely confused, I couldn't find answers anywhere.
Reply 5
Original post by KevT
Well here's the thing, ucas sent the 'confirmation' email which in it that states they recieved my application on the 21st of November and have been sent to all unis... One day late I received an email from Cambrudge saying this:
Thank you for applying to the University of Cambridge through UCAS.

In order to make a valid application to the University you must now complete an online Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ). You must complete and submit your questionnaire as soon as possible. If you are applying from outside the European Union (EU) you should first complete a Cambridge Online Preliminary Application (COPA) by the appropriate deadline. Please see https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/copa for further information.

That was only a segment of the email, the next day after I got an email again from cambridge saying that I was deadline so I'm extremely confused, I couldn't find answers anywhere.

21st November? 3 days ago?
Reply 6
21st November? 3 days ago?

Yes sir, and bare in mind I had 100% applied to Cambridge before the deadline
Reply 7
Original post by KevT
Yes sir, and bare in mind I had 100% applied to Cambridge before the deadline

Which deadline? Do you have evidence you submitted "on time"? Are you sure your school referee processed it? Why did you leave it until 10 minutes before the "deadline"?

Also, are you a UK student?

You need to speak to UCAS if there has been a problem processing your application, but eitherway you are definitely too late for Cambridge. But if UCAS is at fault they *might* let you swap out for Bristol. :dontknow:

The Cambridge deadlines are VERY easy to find:
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/dates-and-deadlines
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Which deadline? Do you have evidence you submitted "on time"? Are you sure your school referee processed it? Why did you leave it until 10 minutes before the "deadline"?

Also, are you a UK student?

You need to speak to UCAS if there has been a problem processing your application, but eitherway you are definitely too late for Cambridge.

The Cambridge deadlines are VERY easy to find:
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/dates-and-deadlines

The 15th of October deadline. My tutor/referee and I had completed the application and yes, I saw him process it. I could've left it till the last second but as long as I completed the application before that time it's fine. I am a UK student. Now here's my theory of why they said 'It's past the deadline' therefore rejection, my referee may have 'taken' back my ucas application to edit it, and this may have stopped the process of ucas sending my application to Cambridge hence the rejection. re-applying/not being able to get into Cambridge is not my worry, it's the fact that I want to change Cambridge with Bristol as I believe it's quite unfair that this happened to me.
Reply 9
Original post by KevT
The 15th of October deadline. My tutor/referee and I had completed the application and yes, I saw him process it. I could've left it till the last second but as long as I completed the application before that time it's fine. I am a UK student. Now here's my theory of why they said 'It's past the deadline' therefore rejection, my referee may have 'taken' back my ucas application to edit it, and this may have stopped the process of ucas sending my application to Cambridge hence the rejection. re-applying/not being able to get into Cambridge is not my worry, it's the fact that I want to change Cambridge with Bristol as I believe it's quite unfair that this happened to me.

Ask your referee what happened. Then speak to UCAS. (See my edit above).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ask your referee what happened. Then speak to UCAS. (See my edit above).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do, thanks for the help
Reply 11
Original post by KevT
Will do, thanks for the help

If UCAS really did only receive your application a few days ago you can swap Cambridge for Bristol in Track...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
If UCAS really did only receive your application a few days ago you can swap Cambridge for Bristol in Track...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I can remove unis, switch courses etc for uni's that have not yet responded, for Cambridge it simply states "Your application for this choice has been unsuccessful." Also, "Dear Kevin
We are pleased to let you know that your school, college or centre has sent us your UCAS application, which we received on 21 November 2018." Is in the email that ucas sent me few days ago
Reply 13
Original post by KevT
Nope, I can remove unis, switch courses etc for uni's that have not yet responded, for Cambridge it simply states "Your application for this choice has been unsuccessful." Also, "Dear Kevin
We are pleased to let you know that your school, college or centre has sent us your UCAS application, which we received on 21 November 2018." Is in the email that ucas sent me few days ago

Ok, so speak to your referee and UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending