The Student Room Group

Which university should I attend? Roehampton or Adelaide

I’ve been accepted to both Roehampton and Adelaide (in australia), given the track records of both which university would you choose?
I’d be studying Philosophy, Religion and Ethics at Roehampton, or International Relations at Adelaide. International Relations is the course I actually want to do, but they don’t offer it Roehampton.
I really don’t want to move abroad for uni, as it seems like too much hassle and I don’t want to be leaving my friends either.
Which uni would you pick given that you’d prefer to stay local? Is it worth leaving everything for uni? Does it actually matter which university you receive your degree from?
Also I have Aus passport so the fees would be about the same.
Thank you:smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by J-SP
Do you want to work in the UK or Australia after graduating?

Do you want to live in Australia or the UK while studying?

Hi, Id definately want to live in the UK after graduation, I don’t really want to move even for studying, I was wondering if others think it’s worth it for a better education? Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by sophiia_.x
I applied so i could have a back up in case i didn’t get accepted to any other UK universities (which i didn’t)
And yes I’m eligible for student loan
Thanks

It seems a very long way to go just to study that course...

There are likely to be IR courses in Clearing so you will have that option when you get your A-level (or equivalent) grades.
@BlinkyBill do you know anything about the uni in Adelaide?
Original post by She-Ra
@BlinkyBill do you know anything about the uni in Adelaide?

Original post by sophiia_.x
I’ve been accepted to both Roehampton and Adelaide (in australia), given the track records of both which university would you choose?
I’d be studying Philosophy, Religion and Ethics at Roehampton, or International Relations at Adelaide. International Relations is the course I actually want to do, but they don’t offer it Roehampton.
I really don’t want to move abroad for uni, as it seems like too much hassle and I don’t want to be leaving my friends either.
Which uni would you pick given that you’d prefer to stay local? Is it worth leaving everything for uni? Does it actually matter which university you receive your degree from?
Also I have Aus passport so the fees would be about the same.
Thank you:smile:

Heya,

I don't know anything about Roehampton or Adelaide uni specifically unfortunately. I did come through the Aussie university system though @sophiia_.x - is there anything I can answer about Australia more generally?

It looks like you're pretty keen to study and live in the UK, so I'm wondering if there's anything in particular you're hoping going to uni in Aus will offer you that you wouldn't get here? No doubt there's great unis in both countries, it just depends what you're looking for. :smile:
Original post by BlinkyBill
Heya,

I don't know anything about Roehampton or Adelaide uni specifically unfortunately. I did come through the Aussie university system though @sophiia_.x - is there anything I can answer about Australia more generally?

It looks like you're pretty keen to study and live in the UK, so I'm wondering if there's anything in particular you're hoping going to uni in Aus will offer you that you wouldn't get here? No doubt there's great unis in both countries, it just depends what you're looking for. :smile:

Thank you :heart:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending