The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Applying for second year entry

I've got confirmation from a university that I'll be considered for second year entry transferring from another university if I apply through UCAS which I've near enough finished. Does anyone know when I'd find out if I've been accepted? Would it be mid August with those getting their A Level results etc? Or would it be earlier since it doesn't depend on results?
It really depends on the uni. They're quite busy and will prioritise different things are different times. Ask them?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
are you applying to start year 2 in QUB? I have asked and they have said they dont accept applications for year 2 usually, that you have to begin in first year? If you dont mind could you tell me how you went about applying?
Original post by illeahnati
I've got confirmation from a university that I'll be considered for second year entry transferring from another university if I apply through UCAS which I've near enough finished. Does anyone know when I'd find out if I've been accepted? Would it be mid August with those getting their A Level results etc? Or would it be earlier since it doesn't depend on results?

Hi illeahnati,

Can I ask was your offer for Queen's? If so, I can try and find out an answer for you.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by clairemck91
are you applying to start year 2 in QUB? I have asked and they have said they dont accept applications for year 2 usually, that you have to begin in first year? If you dont mind could you tell me how you went about applying?

Hi there clairemck91,

There are a number of courses at Queen's which have Direct Entry onto Year 2 depending on what you are currently studying and levels achieved.

Can you let me know what course you are interested in and I can look into it for you.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi Kachela,

I am currently studying adult nursing, I am in year 1 of the course. Any info you have would be great.

Thanks,

Claire,
Hi Kachela,

I am currently studying adult nursing, I am in year 1 of the course. Any info you have would be great.

Thanks,

Claire,

Hi Claire,

Is it another nursing course you are interested in?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi Claire,

Is it another nursing course you are interested in?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

No, I want to continue to study adult nursing but I would like to transfer to QUB for personal reasons? So I would like to start year 2 there ideally?

Thanks.
No, I want to continue to study adult nursing but I would like to transfer to QUB for personal reasons? So I would like to start year 2 there ideally?

Thanks.

I will check this out Claire and come back to you when I have an answer. :vroam:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
I will check this out Claire and come back to you when I have an answer. :vroam:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you :smile:
Thank you :smile:

Hi Claire,

I have checked this out for you and unfortunately there is no Direct Entry onto Nursing courses.

The only option would be to apply for Stage 1 entry onto the 2017/18 intake. Again this would need to be done through the UCAS system before their deadline for applications on 15th January.

Hope everything works out for you.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi there clairemck91,

There are a number of courses at Queen's which have Direct Entry onto Year 2 depending on what you are currently studying and levels achieved.

Can you let me know what course you are interested in and I can look into it for you.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Hi for personal reasons I would like to transfer to QUB what courses would be available for second year transfer?
Hi I'm in the same situation as Claire for personal reasons I would like to transfer to QUB in second year. What courses allow second year transfers?
Original post by Oliviawatt20
Hi I'm in the same situation as Claire for personal reasons I would like to transfer to QUB in second year. What courses allow second year transfers?

Hi Oliviawatt20 :hello:

Can I just ask what kind of areas you are interested in and I will check this out for you?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi Oliviawatt20 :hello:

Can I just ask what kind of areas you are interested in and I will check this out for you?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you Kachela ,
Any degree which involves science i would be interested in, probably chemistry, medicinal chemistry, biological sciences, biochemistry,microbiology or pharmaceutical sciences.
Thank you Kachela ,
Any degree which involves science i would be interested in, probably chemistry, medicinal chemistry, biological sciences, biochemistry,microbiology or pharmaceutical sciences.

Hi again Olivia,

I'm just going to check this out with admissions for you and will let you know which courses allow for entry onto 2nd year. :vroam:

Kachela
(Team queen's)
Thank you Kachela ,

Hi Olivia,

Admissions have asked can you email them directly and forward full details of your academic background (GCSEs, A-levels, etc.) so that they can help. Can you also provide full details of what you are currently studying, and provide a transcript (if applicable).

Please provide all grades achieved in all subjects and the date(s) the grades were awarded.

Their email address is [email protected].

Wishing you the very best of luck! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi Olivia,

Admissions have asked can you email them directly and forward full details of your academic background (GCSEs, A-levels, etc.) so that they can help. Can you also provide full details of what you are currently studying, and provide a transcript (if applicable).

Please provide all grades achieved in all subjects and the date(s) the grades were awarded.

Their email address is [email protected].

Wishing you the very best of luck! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you very much for your help Kachela!

Quick Reply

Latest