The Student Room Group

How big is the grooming gangs problem?

I used to think it was just the Rotherham and Rochdale gangs that carried out these atrocities but recently I heard about one in Telford too and, having done more research, it seems this is far bigger than I ever thought it was. I mean there was one in Oxford, Bristol, Aylesbury, Peterborough, Newcastle, Banbury, Derby, Halifax, Huddersfield, Jersey and Keighley.

Are there still grooming gangs about? Most of these cases seem historical, such as late 90s to early 2010s. Is it still such a big problem?
It's massive . You are right to bring this to people's attention . Practically every week a new case is highlighted somewhere in the country . Thousands of British white kids have been preyed upon by mainly Pakistani and Bangladeshi men . A lot of the time their nationality is not at first reported on ....so as to not cause poltIcal outrage .It's a problem that will only get worse as measures to improve integration in such areas seem to fail . The difference in culture and standards far too great to make any difference . A fact echoed by many of the agencies involved like social services and The police.
It's a very sad and shameful state of affairs .
Reply 2
The right who have been warning Britain for years about this deserve an apology. More importantly so do the victims.
Original post by Jebedee
The right who have been warning Britain for years about this

The right-wing Conservative Party was in power over much of the period when this was happening, and has not taken any more steps than Labour to prevent it.
Reply 4
Recently came across a bunch of old white men in the news who were in their 40s and are involved in grooming kids (boys and girls) for sex. How shameful!

Thankfully they've got the attention of the Police who is now keeping a close eye on them.
Reply 5
Original post by AngeryPenguin
The right-wing Conservative Party was in power over much of the period when this was happening, and has not taken any more steps than Labour to prevent it.

I'm talking about the right wing public. The conservatives are not right wing. They are just closer to the centre than Labour.
The problem is massive and unprecedented. Paedophilia more broadly is a cancer within society that must be eliminated through brutal and coercive means. Sexual offences against children easily exceed 20,000 a year (this is just what’s reported). Paedophiles exist at every hierarchy of society. The weakness with which we wield force against them and thus expose our children to traumatising danger is the unspoken national scandal. And yet now we have liberals talking increasingly about treating nonces with compassion and understanding as if this will some how eradicate their evil. The only solution to this issue is to create a task force dedicated to the finding and executing of paedophiles on mass as a deterrent to others.
Original post by Jebedee
I'm talking about the right wing public. The conservatives are not right wing. They are just closer to the centre than Labour.

You mean the far-right? E.g. the BNP?

The far-right generally aren't just a teeny bit more conservative as you seem to be trying to portray them - in fact, often they are far more left-wing economically than the main conservative party - their central theme is racism.
Reply 8
Original post by AngeryPenguin
You mean the far-right? E.g. the BNP?

The far-right generally aren't just a teeny bit more conservative as you seem to be trying to portray them - in fact, often they are far more left-wing economically than the main conservative party - their central theme is racism.

No I don't mean the far right.
Original post by Johnny English
It's massive . You are right to bring this to people's attention . Practically every week a new case is highlighted somewhere in the country . Thousands of British white kids have been preyed upon by mainly Pakistani and Bangladeshi men. . A lot of the time their nationality is not at first reported on ....so as to not cause poltIcal outrage .It's a problem that will only get worse as measures to improve integration in such areas seem to fail . The difference in culture and standards far too great to make any difference . A fact echoed by many of the agencies involved like social services and The police.
It's a very sad and shameful state of affairs .

Worth understanding

It's a widespread problem, they operate in tight knit gangs and usually you get a murmer of it, but you can hardly ever pinpoint, unless someone comes forward.
Reply 10
Its a problem but not as big as the media would have us believe {according to them we are besieged by armies of rape gangs} a few dozen perverts is an issue but hardly a crisis whilst the thousands of domestic pedos {gangs or solo} is far more pressing.
Original post by Jebedee
The right who have been warning Britain for years about this deserve an apology. More importantly so do the victims.

You mean the people unfairly branded as 'right' for simply stating the truth in a desperate attempt to stop such atrosoties?
Original post by imperium_viribus
Paedophilia more broadly is a cancer within society that must be eliminated through brutal and coercive means.
You are wrong. Paedophilia is not a problem. Child sexual abuse is the problem you think you are refering to. What is wrong with being sexually attracted to children AND not in any way acting on that impulse? I am sexually attracted to my neighbour, but have never done anything about it. As far as she is aware, I hold no lust for her. She is in now way affected by my impulses.
Original post by Steve82
You mean the people unfairly branded as 'right' for simply stating the truth in a desperate attempt to stop such atrosoties?

Yes that's exactly who I mean
Original post by Pigster
You are wrong. Paedophilia is not a problem. Child sexual abuse is the problem you think you are refering to. What is wrong with being sexually attracted to children AND not in any way acting on that impulse? I am sexually attracted to my neighbour, but have never done anything about it. As far as she is aware, I hold no lust for her. She is in now way affected by my impulses.

What degenerate nonsense. Paedophilia is what leads to child sexual abuse. Comparing an attraction to an adult neighbour to an attraction to kids is f****** grotesque. Paedophilia can not be normalised and legitimised with the “but there’s a difference between paedos and abusers” line of apologist filth.
Original post by imperium_viribus
What degenerate nonsense. Paedophilia is what leads to child sexual abuse. Comparing an attraction to an adult neighbour to an attraction to kids is f****** grotesque. Paedophilia can not be normalised and legitimised with the “but there’s a difference between paedos and abusers” line of apologist filth.

Idk about this it's quite an interesting question. You could be an otherwise good person but does being attracted (even unintentionally so) to a child, even if you've got too many morals to ever be able to act on it, make you irrevocably evil? It does make you think. I don't think we need to be as harsh as you say maybe stop child sexualisation/ other preventative measures I don't know.

It's also worth keeping in mind most of these girls were about 16. Now I'm not condoning this in any way shape or form but in a lot of countries that is not viewed as a child anymore. In America 16 year olds can drive. And you wouldn't frown at a 16 and 18 year old together. So you could raise the question that (in the case of most grooming gangs -there may be some where they targeted younger girls idk-) is this even pedophilia?

PS.

just playing devils advocate here (hint: don't kill me)
Original post by zxcvbnm112
Idk about this it's quite an interesting question. You could be an otherwise good person but does being attracted (even unintentionally so) to a child, even if you've got too many morals to ever be able to act on it, make you irrevocably evil? It does make you think. I don't think we need to be as harsh as you say maybe stop child sexualisation/ other preventative measures I don't know.

It's also worth keeping in mind most of these girls were about 16. Now I'm not condoning this in any way shape or form but in a lot of countries that is not viewed as a child anymore. In America 16 year olds can drive. And you wouldn't frown at a 16 and 18 year old together. So you could raise the question that (in the case of most grooming gangs -there may be some where they targeted younger girls idk-) is this even pedophilia?

PS.

just playing devils advocate here (hint: don't kill me)

It is only called pedophilia when muslims do it, seemingly. Except for when the girl/boy is under 14 it isn't loudly called pedophilia when it is a white perpetrator.
Funny how people trying to make this about race as if western countries arnt the biggest source of pedophiles going abroad to poor countries to rape children. The problem here is men in general. And human trafficking like this is worth more money than the drugs trade so it’s still being under sold.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending