The Student Room Group

F1 2018 Quiz of the Year

Welcome everyone to the 2018 f1 pub quiz. Having tortured a lot of people last year, I thought the real pain should begin this year :lol: (be warned, there are a lot of trick questions, some which may not be apparent)

rules are simple, post all your answers in spoilers, DO NOT ALTER / additional answers and above all, no discrimination or such towards other users / people.

@wolfmoon88
@Stratos7
@tpx1
@DannyPT2000
@TheGirlFelonXxXx
@Mr. Petrol Head
@Dysf(x)al
@Doonesbury
@Xopher_
@SciFiRory
@Tom191
@Neilos
@PetrosAC
@laurawatt
@rikkiardo
@random_matt
@TheMagicRat
@Rock Fan
@SomMC1
@haseeb_jarral
@Rakas21
@PetrolHead26
@y.u.mad.bro?
@RazzzBerries
@Ferrari101
@SoggyCabbages s
@GlockInmyRari i
@JaredzzC
@F1's Finest
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Without further waiting, here is the 20 questions forming the grid:

1) How many championships has Hamilton won as a works Mercedes driver?
2) Of Lewis' 73 race wins, how many races has Hamilton not won as a works Mercedes driver?
3) Which drivers on the 2018 grid won the GP2/F2 championship in their rookie season?
4) Which car holds the record for most wins in a season?
5) Where was the 1st ever f1 race held?
6) Which active /semi-retired racing drivers (f1 or other) have won 2 of the triple crown?
7) Before Alonso this year, who was/were the last active f1 driver(s) to win Le Mans whilst competing in f1?
8) Whilst Charlie whiting is mainly known for his official role, what was his main role in the early 80’s?
9) Which f1 race driver (former/current) has the record for most wins in f2/gp2?
10) Which f1 driver(s) have had an anime character named after them in the 90s (and as a bonus, what is said character(s)’ name?
11) Which f1 drivers have won the Super GT championship?
12) Which f1 drivers won the gp2/f2 championship after previously competing in f1?
13) Which f1 drivers have previous won the dtm championship before entering f1?
14) Which f1 alum are competing in formula e this season?
15) When was the fastest ever lap in f1 history recorded?
16) Who set the fastest ever lap in formula 1 during a race weekend?
17) Which drivers on the grid in 2018 & 2019 have finished runner-up in GP2/ F2?
18) How many races has Lewis retired from since Brazil 2013?
19) True or false: The number of pole positions Mercedes has lost in 2018 is the exact total of the poles they conceded in 2014-2017? Bonus point, what number did they concede across 2014-2017
20) Which f1 driver has the record for most starts without a podium?
(edited 5 years ago)
Going to do it properly - no googling. Probably going to do awfully but oh well

Spoiler

8) Whilst Charlie whiting is mainly known for his official role, what was his main role in the early 80’s?

Back right wheel :yep::yep::yep:

Considering I know the names of about 4 F1 drivers, this has gone quite well. I may even get a point. :colondollar:

My answers:

Spoiler

Original post by Dysf(x)al
Going to do it properly - no googling. Probably going to do awfully but oh well

Spoiler

you have permission to change your answer to question 17 as I made a mistake (should say which instead of how many). Overall however, I am impressed
(edited 5 years ago)
Could We have some clarification on question 4. Is it purely numerical or is it percentage?

Frick, I screwed up QX. Oh well.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by quasa
you have permission to change your answer to question 17 as I made a mistake (should say which instead of how many). Overall however, I am impressed

Spoiler

May as well guess randomly...

Clawing into my memory for former drivers, so apologies if not all these people are real :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 9

Spoiler

My Quiz Answers
Original post by Goz Unlimited
May as well guess randomly...

Clawing into my memory for former drivers, so apologies if not all these people are real :yy:

Spoiler

you sir managed to spot a trick question and answered it correctly :biggrin:
Original post by quasa
you sir managed to spot a trick question and answered it correctly :biggrin:

Blind, dumb luck I can assure you.
Original post by Andrew97
Could We have some clarification on question 4. Is it purely numerical or is it percentage?

Frick, I screwed up Q2. Oh well.

numerical (most wins would imply numerical in my mind tbh, if it was percentage, I would have used the word proportion).
Original post by 04MR17

Back right wheel :yep::yep::yep:

Considering I know the names of about 4 F1 drivers, this has gone quite well. I may even get a point. :colondollar:

My answers:

Spoiler

2 years in a row and you have had the best answers by far ( afaik, Eamon holmes has accomplished a lot in f1 :lol:)
Few of the questions were a bit vague so just went on my gut.

Spoiler

I think it is safe to say this has been harder than last year's :lol: (hopefully @tpx1 doesnt do this as I have a feeling he knows most of the answers :s-smilie:)
I've devised another quiz if anyone wants to have a go. Be warned though - it's pretty brutal...

Spoiler

I've devised another quiz if anyone wants to have a go. Be warned though - it's pretty brutal...

Spoiler

GAME ON!!! (although personally I would post it in another thread as I am planning on closing this one in a day or 2)

Spoiler

your quiz' answers btw (and I know Ive done bad)

Spoiler

apologies for spelling mistakes

Spoiler

PM me my result please!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest