The Student Room Group

Top Brexiteer keeps his phone in the microwave overnight in case it is bugged

Maybe the eejit thinks the gubment or EU hackers have borrowed those muslamic ray beams that can read phones but not if they are warmed up? lol

Another sad indictment of the sorry state of mental health treatment at the NHS.

That's the problem with Brexit. It attracts paranoid cranks and conspiracy theorists at the top. Rarely are people like this a good choice for deciding how to run a country.

It's all about projecting their own personal prejudices and delusions onto the running of the country. It's sadly all about me, me, me.

It's kind of interesting and revealing that when you add 'I' to 'run the country' you get 'ruin the country'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6425537/One-Jacob-Rees-Moggs-key-Brexiteers-keeps-phone-microwave-stop-bugged.html

Scroll to see replies

Another salty remoaner?
Original post by AngeryPenguin
He is not, no.

What about you?
Reply 3
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz
Another salty remoaner?

Salty about ****ing the country? Interesting.
I find it weird that you lot voted for a deal that nobody wants :lol:
Original post by Napp

1st it was "HOW COULD YOU VOTE FOR THIS WAA WAA WAA ONLY A FEW MORE PEOPLE VOTED FOR IT
2nd "YOU DIDNT KNOW WHAT YOU WERE VOTING FOR, LEAVING WAS NOT HARD BREXIT!!!!"
3rd "WOW YOU VOTED FOR THIS EXACT POOR DEAL MAY HAS GOT, OFC YOU KNOW WHAT YOU VOTED FOR"

Very interesting
These people that deny Russian meddling in elections yet seem it impossible for a phone to be bugged, hmm.
Reply 6
Original post by AperfectBalance
1st it was "HOW COULD YOU VOTE FOR THIS WAA WAA WAA ONLY A FEW MORE PEOPLE VOTED FOR IT
2nd "YOU DIDNT KNOW WHAT YOU WERE VOTING FOR, LEAVING WAS NOT HARD BREXIT!!!!"
3rd "WOW YOU VOTED FOR THIS EXACT POOR DEAL MAY HAS GOT, OFC YOU KNOW WHAT YOU VOTED FOR"

Very interesting

What are you prattling about?
And this is exactly what you voted for... twice I might add.
Reply 7
These people that deny Russian meddling in elections yet seem it impossible for a phone to be bugged, hmm.

What has alleged Russian meddling got to do with this?
Reply 8
This is an MP. Someone charged with running the country. Someone who is apparently stupid enough to think that putting his phone in a microwave will somehow prevent the phone from being bugged. :lolwut:

Ironically, he seems to be a supporter of the Investigatory Powers Act and has consistently voted for more government surveillance.
(edited 5 years ago)
But but but, the daily mail was meant to be a terrible source....
Reply 10
He should keep his head in there too.
Original post by Napp
What are you prattling about?
And this is exactly what you voted for... twice I might add.

that the left and other idiots cannot simultaneously say

1.we voted to leave and we knew what we were doing
2.we didnt vote for a specific type of leaving so we need another refurendum on the type of leave
3.we voted for this exact type of brexit (when it is clear that many didnt and nor do many MPs feel this way)
Reply 12
that the left and other idiots cannot simultaneously say

1.we voted to leave and we knew what we were doing
2.we didnt vote for a specific type of leaving so we need another refurendum on the type of leave
3.we voted for this exact type of brexit (when it is clear that many didnt and nor do many MPs feel this way)

Uhuh, in your opinion maybe.
You voted to leave and then you voted for the government to carry out said wish - that is literally what democracy in Britain is you abrogate your rights to your elected officials thus this is exactly what you voted for. When it goes tits up (or worse than it is at present) the nominal majority will have it on there heads.

It is irrelevant what MPs think, they’re little more than a bunch of corrupt school children who are ‘hired’ specifically because they know nothing.
Bojo will mess MAy up mate why you crying.

Original post by Napp
Original post by Dez
This is an MP. Someone charged with running the country. Someone who is apparently stupid enough to think that putting his phone in a microwave will somehow prevent the phone from being bugged. :lolwut:

Ironically, he seems to be a supporter of the Investigatory Powers Act and has consistently voted for more government surveillance.

You can't call other people stupid while being blissfully ignorant of the fact that microwaves do exactly that. If it works and looks stupid, it still works.

BMW actually themselves recommend putting their car keys in a microwave or an empty aluminium can because it helps to stop the relay signals.
Reply 15
Original post by EvaFan101
Bojo will mess MAy up mate why you crying.

Repeat in coherent English please.
Reply 16
Original post by LostAccount
You can't call other people stupid while being blissfully ignorant of the fact that microwaves do exactly that. If it works and looks stupid, it still works.

Alternatively, just turn it off. That's why it's stupid to put it in a microwave.

And actually: https://youtu.be/ot4_jVFXxUU

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
Alternatively, just turn it off. That's why it's stupid to put it in a microwave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He might want to keep it warm 😛
Reply 18
Original post by Andrew97
He might want to keep it warm 😛

Ha, and see my edit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury

And actually: https://youtu.be/ot4_jVFXxUU

Posted from TSR Mobile

That does not necessarily work. Phone finding apps can turn them on remotely. Some phones, apparently, even have a second small battery to keep some services going if the main battery is removed.

Naughty people can undoubtedly install bugging software on your phone and can track your location, and the only sure fix is to put it in a faraday cage and cut off the outgoing signal which (temporarily) inhibits the bugging. Unfortunately, that causes the battery to run down very quickly and a microwave oven is not necessarily a perfect faraday cage for a mobile phone.

This man is being mocked but his actions in the context are not unreasonable. He really needs to have his phoned checked out by an expert (but can he trust that expert?).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending