The Student Room Group

Cardinal Vaughan Sixth Form Applications

Hi! I'm currently in Year 11 taking my GCSEs and have applied to a few Sixth Form Colleges, one of which being the Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School in Shepherd's Bush.

I've applied to the Business Course (Course 2 on their Yr 12 Admissions pdf) which requires 6 GCSEs (with three grade 5+ and three grade 6+)

My predicted grades are as follows:
English Language - 6
English Literature - 6
Mathematics - 5
Combined Science (Trilogy) - 66
History - 5
Business - 6
Sociology - 7
French - 5

(One Grade 7, Five Grade 6s & Three Grade 5s)
So in theory, I do meet the minimum level of attainment, however, I'm still concerned as to whether I'll get a conditional offer. I am a practising Catholic and have submitted a Certificate of Catholic Practice. I also live relatively close to Cardinal Vaughan (around 3 miles away). I don't currently have siblings in the school and never have.

What are my chances of getting a conditional offer?
Reply 1
Original post by Ray Bailey
Hi! I'm currently in Year 11 taking my GCSEs and have applied to a few Sixth Form Colleges, one of which being the Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School in Shepherd's Bush.

I've applied to the Business Course (Course 2 on their Yr 12 Admissions pdf) which requires 6 GCSEs (with three grade 5+ and three grade 6+)

My predicted grades are as follows:
English Language - 6
English Literature - 6
Mathematics - 5
Combined Science (Trilogy) - 66
History - 5
Business - 6
Sociology - 7
French - 5

(One Grade 7, Five Grade 6s & Three Grade 5s)
So in theory, I do meet the minimum level of attainment, however, I'm still concerned as to whether I'll get a conditional offer. I am a practising Catholic and have submitted a Certificate of Catholic Practice. I also live relatively close to Cardinal Vaughan (around 3 miles away). I don't currently have siblings in the school and never have.

What are my chances of getting a conditional offer?

I’d say you have quite a good chance since you’re Catholic.It depends really on the other people applying for your course and how their grades compare to yours. My brother didn’t get a conditional offer but when he got his actual GcSE grades they accepted him from out of the waiting list.Theres really nothing you can do now apart from working to increase those grades . Btw does living closer to the school give you a better chance of getting in ?
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply! Indeed, according to their Admissions Criteria, living closer to the school increases your chances of getting accepted.
Reply 3
Have u been invited to a course suitability meeting yet ? I hear that they are inviting people around this time
Reply 4
Yes. I had mine on 6th Dec
Reply 5
How did it go? I had mine on the 11th

Quick Reply

Latest