The Student Room Group

What’s two books should I read for my English Literature coursework?

Any recommendations I’d appreciate <3

No teen fiction and I’d prefer to read something that’s not Pride and Prejudice long, something along the length of A Streetcar Named Desire/Tess of The D’uberville.
I don't really have any ideas but rather a statement of what I'm doing unfortunately! But I'm comparing Tess of the D'Urbervilles (such a lovely book ah) with A Thousand Splendid Suns, comparing and contrasting the theme of women. I've not come up with a specific question yet but women will be the specific topic in question :smile:
Some other books I can think of off the top of my head to compare Tess with are: The Awakening/The Bloody Chamber/The Handmaid's Tale
Reply 2
Original post by AmberStudies
I don't really have any ideas but rather a statement of what I'm doing unfortunately! But I'm comparing Tess of the D'Urbervilles (such a lovely book ah) with A Thousand Splendid Suns, comparing and contrasting the theme of women. I've not come up with a specific question yet but women will be the specific topic in question :smile:
Some other books I can think of off the top of my head to compare Tess with are: The Awakening/The Bloody Chamber/The Handmaid's Tale

At school we’re reading Tess and A thousand splendid suns but I have no clue what to read for my coursework. Are those the two books you’re doing for your coursework? x

Quick Reply

Latest