The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex uni interview- urgent!

I’m meant to have an interview with Essex uni tomorrow, but I cannot attend.
Does this mean that if I don’t attend an interview, I won’t get a place offered to me??
Original post by katie091000
I’m meant to have an interview with Essex uni tomorrow, but I cannot attend.
Does this mean that if I don’t attend an interview, I won’t get a place offered to me??

Depends.

Just ring them up, explain you cant attend and try to reschedule.
Presumably you have a good reason?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by 999tigger
Depends.

Just ring them up, explain you cant attend and try to reschedule.
Presumably you have a good reason?

My parents literally can’t get the time off of work and of course they want to come and see the uni as well
My parents literally can’t get the time off of work and of course they want to come and see the uni as well

This unfortunately seems like a very last minute decision. When did you get this interview?
If you're to re-schedule ring them up now or asap so they can make alternative arrangements.
Original post by arigziegler
This unfortunately seems like a very last minute decision. When did you get this interview?
If you're to re-schedule ring them up now or asap so they can make alternative arrangements.

We were planning on going but it literally just hasn’t worked out. I have a portal on which I have clicked the option, ‘re-schedule for another day,’ or something along those lines

How long ago did they offer the interview?
You are going to have to dress it up as a bit of a family crisis imo.

If its an open day they will care less as there might be other ones.

If its an interview where they are considering you for the course, then they may be less impressed.

You could if needed go to the uni with your parents another time.

I am more concerned it is very last minute.

You still arent telling us how long you have had.

I would probably ring in and confirm with them that last minute family emergency means you cannot make the date, apologise and reschedule.
(edited 5 years ago)
How long ago did they offer the interview?
You are going to have to dress it up as a bit of a family crisis imo.

If its an open day they will care less as there might be other ones.

If its an interview where they are considering you for the course, then they may be less impressed.

You could if needed go to the uni with your parents another time.

I am more concerned it is very last minute.

You still arent telling us how long you have had.

I would probably ring in and confirm with them that last minute family emergency means you cannot make the date, apologise and reschedule.

It’s an applicant day
It’s an applicant day

So is there an actual interview?

Do they have other dates? Do one of those.

You still didnt bother to tell us how long youve known about the interview.
So is there an actual interview?

Do they have other dates? Do one of those.

You still didnt bother to tell us how long youve known about the interview.

Okay let’s calm down here lol, it’s not a matter of, ‘not bothering,’ if only just checked because I’ve been busy getting an education to get the grades to get into uni! I’ve known about the interview for maybe 2 weeks? We were all set to go but as I say circumstances have changed. This is an applicant day and you are interviewed in groups and talk about why you’re interested in the subject. I have asked if I can attend another applicant day and book an interview then
Okay let’s calm down here lol, it’s not a matter of, ‘not bothering,’ if only just checked because I’ve been busy getting an education to get the grades to get into uni! I’ve known about the interview for maybe 2 weeks? We were all set to go but as I say circumstances have changed. This is an applicant day and you are interviewed in groups and talk about why you’re interested in the subject. I have asked if I can attend another applicant day and book an interview then

Tbf you were the one asking for advice and I was just seeking relevant information to judge the situation and thereby give you best advice.
I had the same applicant day interview at Essex too but as it wasn’t very close to me; I never attended and never planned to. I just ticked something like I couldn’t attend and I still got an offer which was actually reduced. I think it’s more or less not an actual interview but just a process they do. I’m not too sure if the same applies here but it may be subject dependent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending