The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Uni PARTNERS programme.

Hi, I'm applying to Medicine at Newcastle this October and I'm wondering if entry via the PARTNERS programme is open to students who live in Wales?

The website says:

"To apply through the PARTNERS programme you must:

be resident in England, Northern Ireland or Scotland "

Note that there isn't any mention of Wales. Is this a mistake or does the fact that I live in Wales make me ineligible?

Thanks.
Original post by LikeFredbutFrud
Hi, I'm applying to Medicine at Newcastle this October and I'm wondering if entry via the PARTNERS programme is open to students who live in Wales?

The website says:

[ul]
[li]be resident in England, Northern Ireland or Scotland "[/li]
[/ul]
Note that there isn't any mention of Wales. Is this a mistake or does the fact that I live in Wales make me ineligible?

Thanks.

Ring them up and ask them.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by LikeFredbutFrud

The website says:

[ul]
[li]be resident in England, Northern Ireland or Scotland "[/li]
[/ul]

Thanks.

Hi LikeFredbutFrud,

Currently PARTNERS is only open to students resident in England, Northern Ireland and Scotland. It was originally a scheme for a small group of local schools and colleges which we have gradually expanded over the years, and we are hoping to expand to include Wales by 2020, however for this year (2019 entry) we aren't able to consider students from Wales.

Sorry this isn't better news,

Valentina
I am currently on a gap year and I have achieved A-level results (AABB) in August 2018. I have applied this October to Newcastle medical school through partner programme, and I have received an email confirming that I have been accepted in this programme and if my application to medical school is successful, they will offer me a reduced offer. I am just wondering if this happens, will the offer be unconditional offer because I already achieved my grades? Or it will be a conditional one please?
Original post by Fatima20000
I am currently on a gap year and I have achieved A-level results (AABB) in August 2018. I have applied this October to Newcastle medical school through partner programme, and I have received an email confirming that I have been accepted in this programme and if my application to medical school is successful, they will offer me a reduced offer. I am just wondering if this happens, will the offer be unconditional offer because I already achieved my grades? Or it will be a conditional one please?

Hi Fatima20000,

Your offer would be conditional on the successful completion of our PARTNERS Summer School which all PARTNERS offer holders must attend: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/schools/partners/summer-school/

Don't worry though, generally students find the Summer School really useful as it gives you a bit of a head start with study skills and academic sessions related to the course you'll be studying and is a great way to meet other students on your course before you even get to university :smile:

Hope this helps,

Valentina
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Fatima20000,

Your offer would be conditional on the successful completion of our PARTNERS Summer School which all PARTNERS offer holders must attend: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/schools/partners/summer-school/

Don't worry though, generally students find the Summer School really useful as it gives you a bit of a head start with study skills and academic sessions related to the course you'll be studying and is a great way to meet other students on your course before you even get to university :smile:

Hope this helps,

Valentina

Many Thanks Valentina
Hi Fatima20000,

Hope this helps,

Valentina

Hi Valentina
Did you send interview invitation for medical school 2019 entry, please?
Original post by Fatima20000
Hi Valentina
Did you send interview invitation for medical school 2019 entry, please?

Hi Fatima20000

The invitations are due to be sent out between week commmencing 26th November (this week) and 16th January, so you could recieve an interview invite at any time between now and January.

Hope this helps,

Valentina
Hi Fatima20000

The invitations are due to be sent out between week commmencing 26th November (this week) and 16th January, so you could recieve an interview invite at any time between now and January.

Hope this helps,

Valentina

Ok , thanks Valantina

Quick Reply

Latest