The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth Uni 2019 interviews & selection measures FAQ

Hiya

If you're interested in one of our courses which has selection measures and requires you to attend an interview, post any questions you have here. We'll do our best to answer them.

BU
Hi! I'm an international applicant interested in Games Design. Is there anything I should expect for my application?
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by Fallgazer
Hi! I'm an international applicant interested in Games Design. Is there anything I should expect for my application?

Hi Fallgazer,

Good to hear from you. Great course! Did you take a look at the programme details? You can find them here.
If you click on "Your Application" you'll find all the relevant info there. Hope that helps. :smile:

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with,

Julius
Hi, I’ve applied to Bournemouth Uni for Physiotherapy and have an interview this Wednesday. Don’t worry if you don’t reply in time, I’m just wondering what to expect. I’ve read the letters etc. But is it really formal? As I’ve already been to two interviews and they’re generally quite laid back. Also it doesn’t specify a time limit for when they give out offers. Other universities say they reply within ten days as to whether you’ve been accepted, I’m just wondering if they reply quickly or not. Thanks for your help :smile:
SAME! I'm so nervous and don't know what to expect. Where else have you had interviews from?
Yay!!! An interview buddy!! I’ve got interviews for all my choices which are Bournemouth, Plymouth, Brighton, Worcester and Winchester, and I’ve already done the interviews for Winchester and Worcester, but Bournemouth’s my top choice. The other two went quite well and weren’t very strict, as they were nice and friendly and told us they didn’t want the day to be a test or stressful, it’s just about getting to know us. So hopefully it’ll be the same for Bournemouth. Is it ok if I ask your first name? Just so when I meet you I’ll know who you are. Mines in my username :smile:
I've got interviews for brighton, Winchester and plymouth as well. Bournemouth is my first one so I don't really know what to expect! I'm Grace, so see you there!
Original post by Georgia576896
Hi, I’ve applied to Bournemouth Uni for Physiotherapy and have an interview this Wednesday. Don’t worry if you don’t reply in time, I’m just wondering what to expect. I’ve read the letters etc. But is it really formal? As I’ve already been to two interviews and they’re generally quite laid back. Also it doesn’t specify a time limit for when they give out offers. Other universities say they reply within ten days as to whether you’ve been accepted, I’m just wondering if they reply quickly or not. Thanks for your help :smile:

Original post by Anonymous 2227
SAME! I'm so nervous and don't know what to expect. Where else have you had interviews from?

Hi Georgia and Grace, apologies for not getting back to you sooner. How did the interviews go? Do you have any outstanding questions from yesterday, or need to clarify any information regarding your next steps? Wishing you both the best of luck, so pleased you were able to find an interview buddy on here :-)

Vicki
Hi Vicki,
No worries. I think it went well and was reasonably close to what I expected. Overall I felt it was good and there was a student ambassador there who answered all my questions, which was good. I just want to know how quick the university reply? As I’m not sure whether they reply within a few days or reply closer to the deadline.
Thanks for your help.
*ahem*
an FAQ lists questions and answers from frequently asked questions. What you have here is an AMA :flute:
Hi, any idea what international applicant interviews would be like?
Thank you Vicki,
I wasn't really sure how they went but was worried I was too quiet. However, I has so surprised and happy to receive an unconditional offer today!
Original post by Anonymous 2227
Thank you Vicki,
I wasn't really sure how they went but was worried I was too quiet. However, I has so surprised and happy to receive an unconditional offer today!

That's absolutely fantastic news, well done! If you have any other questions please ask.

See you here soon :-)

Vicki
Hi, any idea what international applicant interviews would be like?

Which course are you hoping to apply to?

This is a link which may help with some general information: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/international

Vicki
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by BU Students
Which course are you hoping to apply to?

This is a link which may help with some general information: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/international

Vicki

I'm applying for Games Design
I'm applying for Games Design

Hey!
That's great that you're applying to BU! Have you received an invitation to an interview yet? As general advice, if you are invited to an interview for Games Design, any previous work that you have done around Games Design or a portfolio that you have created, I would bring that along with you! To answer some of your more specific questions that you might have to do with the interview, I would recommend emailing: [email protected] and they will be able to help you further!

Good luck!
Alice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending