The Student Room Group

GCSE Photography help

I’m currently in year 11 and I have finished my 3 powerpoints for component 1 of GCSE photography. My teacher has said that if I submit my powerpoints now, I’ll get a grade 7 for them. I was wondering what kind of content I should try to add to push the grade up to an 8?
selfies
Reply 2
I’m a grade 8. I have done sketch books but I’ve only done two main themes, I’m on my third sketch book? What have you done at your school?

I am hopefully going to get a grade 9 at actual GCSEs but at the moment my advice would be take LOTS of your own photos, set them out in contact sheets. You don’t have to use them but just to show you’ve take them. Do lots of analysis of your own work as well as the artists and comment on how it’s similar to the artists. Do work on both photoshop and by hand such as painting over photos, cutting them up etc. And make sure you have final pieces. Hope this helps.
Reply 3
Original post by XStella
I’m a grade 8. I have done sketch books but I’ve only done two main themes, I’m on my third sketch book? What have you done at your school?

I am hopefully going to get a grade 9 at actual GCSEs but at the moment my advice would be take LOTS of your own photos, set them out in contact sheets. You don’t have to use them but just to show you’ve take them. Do lots of analysis of your own work as well as the artists and comment on how it’s similar to the artists. Do work on both photoshop and by hand such as painting over photos, cutting them up etc. And make sure you have final pieces. Hope this helps.

Thanks, my main advice is to always use key artistic words

Quick Reply

Latest