The Student Room Group

Yorkshire couples Christmas events

Hi,
The girl I’m seeing is coming back to Yorkshire for a couple of weeks this Christmas and I’m hoping to build a list of things to do so that on my days off we can do activities rather than aimlessly wandering round Leeds or something. However I’m just not sure what day activities there are in Yorkshire that would be fun for couples at Christmas. Things like a trip to Yorkshire sculpture park etc just sound cold. As a final note I’m trying not to make them all alcohol based but some bars/drinks events will be fine, we’re both in our early 20s. Does anyone know of anything fun to do?
Thanks
Original post by FoxW
Hi,
The girl I’m seeing is coming back to Yorkshire for a couple of weeks this Christmas and I’m hoping to build a list of things to do so that on my days off we can do activities rather than aimlessly wandering round Leeds or something. However I’m just not sure what day activities there are in Yorkshire that would be fun for couples at Christmas. Things like a trip to Yorkshire sculpture park etc just sound cold. As a final note I’m trying not to make them all alcohol based but some bars/drinks events will be fine, we’re both in our early 20s. Does anyone know of anything fun to do?
Thanks

What about cinema, pub meals, ten pin bowling etc.
Reply 2
That’s not too bad, but I was thinking about events etc. They tend to be quite difficult so if it’s something they could do all the time they’re unlikely to go for it. Something like an escape room would work but I’ve only tried the ones in York that were okayish...
Christmas markets?
there are several art galleries in Leeds.
There’s loads of Christmas markets around! Especially in villages/small towns. I’m off to the Victorian fayre at Otley this weekend again and they are always good if you are into that sort of stuff. York is fantastic at Christmas, markets etc and you could go to the Viking museums or railway museum if they take your interest
Reply 6
Original post by GSedgley
There’s loads of Christmas markets around! Especially in villages/small towns. I’m off to the Victorian fayre at Otley this weekend again and they are always good if you are into that sort of stuff. York is fantastic at Christmas, markets etc and you could go to the Viking museums or railway museum if they take your interest

Some great responses, cheers! Christmas markets are good, I just didn’t know where was going to have a good one. Victorian Fayre sounds interesting too. I know there’s bound to be loads of events on, I’m just not sure where they are.
Original post by FoxW
Some great responses, cheers! Christmas markets are good, I just didn’t know where was going to have a good one. Victorian Fayre sounds interesting too. I know there’s bound to be loads of events on, I’m just not sure where they are.

The Victorian one is great, loads of people dress up in proper Victorian outfits and there’s singers and bands etc, everything you can think of relating to victorians and Christmas
Which part of Yorkshire are you in? Will travelling be a problem? I can think of some great places but some are in the middle of nowhere in the countryside so you’d have to drive. I’m sure a quick google search of Christmas markets and events in Yorkshire should be able to help find some, have a look at their Facebook pages if possible because people will have left reviews from previous years and photos of it so you can see if it’s something that interests you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending