The Student Room Group

Table of Cambridge Law Colleges by Acceptance Rate

Hi,

I know it's far too late now for current Cambridge Applicants, but my friend compiled a table of Cambridge Colleges by acceptance rate for Law.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fd4q0UoZoG0ot0BNsI0u1iDhVWQkkhc1_QSxbocD8uc/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not sure why he left out some colleges. Hope this will be useful for those applying next year.
Original post by rhh642

Problem is that these stats change every year. Simply posting this on TSR will alter the behaviour of many applicants who read this and next year the numbers will vary. Colleges see all sorts of variations in applicant behaviour, it only takes one tv show of one College, one outreach activity by a charismatic lecturer, one popular you-tube clip and applicant numbers change significantly at this granularity.
Reply 2
Original post by rhh642
Hi,

I know it's far too late now for current Cambridge Applicants, but my friend compiled a table of Cambridge Colleges by acceptance rate for Law.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fd4q0UoZoG0ot0BNsI0u1iDhVWQkkhc1_QSxbocD8uc/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not sure why he left out some colleges. Hope this will be useful for those applying next year.

Original post by threeportdrift
Problem is that these stats change every year. Simply posting this on TSR will alter the behaviour of many applicants who read this and next year the numbers will vary. Colleges see all sorts of variations in applicant behaviour, it only takes one tv show of one College, one outreach activity by a charismatic lecturer, one popular you-tube clip and applicant numbers change significantly at this granularity.

Indeed - just picking the first college listed...
Screenshot 2018-11-28 at 09.26.11.jpg

OP, and the stats don't take account of the relative strengths of applicants. "Weaker" applicants often apply to "easier" colleges and get rejected outright. The message really is to apply to a college you like, and don't worry about headline stats.
Reply 3
@rhh642 also the data has entirely ignored the pool offers from fishing colleges.

e.g. King's, the example with the "lowest" offer rate, has a high number of "pool offers by other colleges".

Screenshot 2018-11-28 at 09.59.56.jpg

This gave King's applicants in 2017 a Cambridge offer rate of 20%, pretty much in line with the university average even allowing for the fact that King's is a popular iconic college (i.e. touristy :wink: ) and attracts a significant proportion of "uncompetitive" applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending