The Student Room Group

PwC 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spectral_theory
Rejected after Career Conversation -- not surprised considering the feedback I was given. :lol:

Ah that's a *******! What was your feedback like?
Rejected after Career Conversation -- not surprised considering the feedback I was given. :lol:

Same! Mine started out really well but went downhill at the end :nah:
Reply 182
I completed my Career Conversation 4 weeks ago and still haven’t heard anything. Is this normal or have I completely slipped through the net?
Original post by LawCam
I completed my Career Conversation 4 weeks ago and still haven’t heard anything. Is this normal or have I completely slipped through the net?I

I think it's normal - it took them 5 weeks before I even got feedback, then it's a few days later until you're told if you're progressing or not
I'm wondering if any current pwc employees can shed some light on working hours. Realistically, what sort of hours do you put in per week? 40? 50? 60?
Original post by DiamondArtist
I think it's normal - it took them 5 weeks before I even got feedback, then it's a few days later until you're told if you're progressing or not

I'm still waiting for my Career Conversation feedback! :3 took it on the 13th November! :/
Original post by LawCam
I completed my Career Conversation 4 weeks ago and still haven’t heard anything. Is this normal or have I completely slipped through the net?

Hi i had the same questions but when i contacted recruitment they said we should wait until the latest 5th December before receiving feedback, for the deadline driven roles that is.

Ah im sorry about that! Could you suggest what sort of questions came up? What sort of things should I research and practice? Never done a video interview before so quite nervous
AC done! For those who want some detail, expect written assignments, presentations and group work. Can't really tell you specifics as it'd be unfair.
Original post by ToastMonkey
AC done! For those who want some detail, expect written assignments, presentations and group work. Can't really tell you specifics as it'd be unfair.

Well done! How do you feel? What would be your best tip for people still to do it?
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Well done! How do you feel? What would be your best tip for people still to do it?

Hmm dunno some bits went well and others felt fairly average.

It's tricky, there's not a whole lot you can do to prepare. I guess, I'd recommend you pay attention to the time and start writing/planning while reading.
Original post by ToastMonkey
I'm wondering if any current pwc employees can shed some light on working hours. Realistically, what sort of hours do you put in per week? 40? 50? 60?

I have a friend who works in Assurence at PwC. A normal working day is 9-5.30 - not bad at all! Busy season can be a little longer, but nothing as extreme as you hear.
Reply 192
Hey guys, did my interview yesterday. Tbf, there’s no way to prepare it. I guess you just need to take in account in your answers what they say about PwC Professional. It’s really based on yoursel and what you would do in a fictional situation. Case study is more about if you understand the information given and how you would ‘sell’ that information. So presentation skills are necessary cs in a way you need to convince them and you need to give your advise as well (if that makes sense). Best of luck to everyone! Hope this helps!
Reply 193
Although, do prepare why you’d want to work for them and why you :wink:
what were the fictional situations like? and how many questions were there?
Reply 195
It’s 10 questions with 1 case study (inclusive). It’s like what would you do in a situation where your colleague needs your help on a work when you have a lot to do already.
Congratulations!!!! Quick question how long did it take for you to know you passed the video interview stage after receiving feedback?
Reply 197
I haven’t received it yet. But I bet it will take ages :s-smilie:
Original post by Appwizard
Congratulations!!!! Quick question how long did it take for you to know you passed the video interview stage after receiving feedback?

I received my feedback about a week and a half later however they are still reviewing my application (2 weeks later) and I still haven’t heard from them
Reply 199
Hi anyone who has done the assesmnet day, how long did it take PwC to get back to you in regards to the result? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending