The Student Room Group

SKE chat/support thread.

Scroll to see replies

Unfortunately I don’t live near Sussex. And unfortunately I work full time so I won’t be able to attend any university based lectures/practicals. I’m hoping the online courses will cover all I need to know.
Original post by Helenbiology
Unfortunately I don’t live near Sussex. And unfortunately I work full time so I won’t be able to attend any university based lectures/practicals. I’m hoping the online courses will cover all I need to know.

They will, but I found the practical part of the course by far the most useful/rewarding.

Whilst I didn't commit quite the suggested number of hours to the SKE, do be aware it is about a 5-10 hour a week commitment as a minimum and you do have to log your hours. If you are working full time, that could be hard to fit in?

Original post by SarcAndSpark
They will, but I found the practical part of the course by far the most useful/rewarding.

Whilst I didn't commit quite the suggested number of hours to the SKE, do be aware it is about a 5-10 hour a week commitment as a minimum and you do have to log your hours. If you are working full time, that could be hard to fit in?

Thanks for the reply S&S. Yes I’m concerned too so I’m planning to reduce my hours. I also have children which will add to the mix! I’ve been offered a conditional offer of a 16 week ske. However vidlearn’s 16 week ske is Alevel only. I want to cover GCSE content too. Vidlearn have suggested the 28 week course as it covers GCSE and A level. Anyone doing that? I know there is a lot to do interms of the slides you need to produce at the end of each module, but there are no exams/tests right? So in theory it should be easier then cramping for exams? I need to get my university to agree to increase my ske weeks (if they ever reply to my calls/emails!) or find a provider who does a 16 week ske covering GCSE. Though the others out there don’t seem to be as good as vidlearn.
Original post by Helenbiology

Thanks for the reply S&S. Yes I’m concerned too so I’m planning to reduce my hours. I also have children which will add to the mix! I’ve been offered a conditional offer of a 16 week ske. However vidlearn’s 16 week ske is Alevel only. I want to cover GCSE content too. Vidlearn have suggested the 28 week course as it covers GCSE and A level. Anyone doing that? I know there is a lot to do interms of the slides you need to produce at the end of each module, but there are no exams/tests right? So in theory it should be easier then cramping for exams? I need to get my university to agree to increase my ske weeks (if they ever reply to my calls/emails!) or find a provider who does a 16 week ske covering GCSE. Though the others out there don’t seem to be as good as vidlearn.

Honestly, unless you really want to do the 28 week course, I think the A-level only course is fine. There is a lot of cross over with GCSE content- you're just learning it at a higher level and you will have access to their GCSE resources for all three sciences which you can watch when you have finished if you want to. You'll also do subject content stuff up to GCSE at uni- but less of the A-level stuff.

If you sign up to the 28 week course, you'll have to complete it- which could become a problem if life gets in the way.
Can you complete the course in your own time? as In could you complete an SKE faster if you want than 8 weeks?
Reply 25
Hey,I don’t know if you’ll see this reply but I’ll ask anyway. Did you find it difficult or overwhelming in any way doing the SKE and a full time job? I’m a bit anxious that I will need to fit in 20hours into my already busy week?Also, with the SKE, say they are 12 weeks, do you only have 12 weeks or can you take longer to complete it? Thanks for any advice :biggrin:
Hi,Can anyone give me an example of ske assignment, as I am bit confused to start with so want to see someone so I also can give a start

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending