The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Bristol - Postgraduate Applicants 2019

Hi everyone,

This thread is for those considering applying for postgraduate study at UWE Bristol, and to chat to others in the process.

Feel free to fire any questions our way! :biggrin:

Lois
Reply 1
Hi Lois, I start my MA in January and was wondering if you had any advice about finding accommodation? thanks!
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi everyone,

This thread is for those considering applying for postgraduate study at UWE Bristol, and to chat to others in the process.

Lois
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by harvf21
Hi Lois, I start my MA in January and was wondering if you had any advice about finding accommodation? thanks!

Hi @harvf21! :hello:

It's so great to hear that you'll be joining us in January! Are you looking forward to it?

Can I ask what subject you'll be studying, and if you know which campus you'll be based at? This is likely to affect where the best place for accommodation is for you :smile: For instance, if you are based at Bower Ashton, Arnolfini or Spike Island, then city centre accommodation or somewhere in South Bristol is likely to be closer to where you are studying, whereas Glenside and Frenchay campuses are up the M32 so you might want to choose somewhere else for accommodation.

The great news though is, regardless of where you live, the transport links in Bristol are great, so it will never take you long to get where you need to be!

Thanks,

Lois
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi, I'm planning to do a Master in marketing but looking for a place with work placement or internship as well. Do the university provide it?
Reply 4
Original post by jnyxxiii
Hi, I'm planning to do a Master in marketing but looking for a place with work placement or internship as well. Do the university provide it?

Hi @jnyxxiii

So pleased to hear that you're considering UWE Bristol as an option for your postgraduate studies!

There are many opportunities to get to know employers and work on real-life projects during your time completing the MSc Marketing course here - for instance, as a student on this programme, you will have the opportunity to take part in the Integrity Research Scheme. This gives you the chance to gain practical market research experience, where you will work with a client on a real research project and gain valuable insight into what it's like to work as a market research consultant.

We also have plenty of internship and placement schemes that you can apply to through our InfoHub once you become a student here, as well as an excellent careers service.

If you'd like any more information about the course itself, please contact the course leader - I will PM you their details.

Hope that helps!

Lois
Reply 5
Hi everyone,This thread is for those considering applying for postgraduate study at UWE Bristol, and to chat to others in the process.Feel free to fire any questions our way! :biggrin: Lois
Hi! I'm looking to start a post-grad in Architecture on September! Any advice on accommodation, which places I should be looking at and if there are any private letting agencies that the university recommends??
Reply 6
Original post by sgcrc
Hi! I'm looking to start a post-grad in Architecture on September! Any advice on accommodation, which places I should be looking at and if there are any private letting agencies that the university recommends??

Hi @sgcrc,

So great to hear that you're wanting to study a Master's in Architecture next year! Thank you for considering UWE Bristol. :h:

In terms of private letting agencies, there are none that we recommend or endorse in particular. Closer to the time of study, if you take a look on well-known estate agents' websites, you will have plenty of choice!

We do have more private accommodation advice on our website and useful links, such as a 'Find a Flatmate' Facebook group run by the SU.

Your course will be based predominantly at Frenchay campus, so you are in an ideal position to choose whereabouts in Bristol you want to live. If you wanted to be within walking distance to campus, somewhere like Cheswick Village, Frenchay or Stapleton could be a great option for you. However, there are excellent transport links to the city centre (15-20 min bus journey) if you wanted to be in the midst of all the action!

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Best wishes,

Lois
Reply 7
Hi Lois,

I would like to know what kind of job offers International students get after doing MSc Robotics at UWE Bristol ?
Reply 8
Original post by RoboBoy
Hi Lois,

I would like to know what kind of job offers International students get after doing MSc Robotics at UWE Bristol ?

Hi @RoboBoy!

If you come to study Robotics at UWE Bristol, you will have access to the Bristol Robotics Lab and its first-class facilities, giving you an excellent learning space for your postgraduate studies. This lab was built in partnership between UWE Bristol and the University of Bristol, as we see the South West as one of the UK's most important hubs for engineering industry, especially in the aeronautical and electronics sectors.

Bristol is a major base for companies such as Airbus, Rolls Royce, Toshiba and Hewlett Packard. We enjoy close links with these employers and you're likely to have networking opportunities and more throughout your MSc. We also have an excellent careers service which will provide you with fantastic support when it comes to finding employment after your studies.

Hope that helps!

Lois
Original post by uwe bristol
hi everyone,

this thread is for those considering applying for postgraduate study at uwe bristol, and to chat to others in the process.

Lois

i am interested on information systems management
Hi everyone,

Lois

Hello,
I have an offer to study Masters in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Bristol. Can you please connect me to some people or current students who are enrolled in the same course? Also, as an international student, how good are my chances of getting work in the UK?
Original post by 9629781057
Hello,
I have an offer to study Masters in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Bristol. Can you please connect me to some people or current students who are enrolled in the same course? Also, as an international student, how good are my chances of getting work in the UK?

Hi @9629781057,

Great to hear that you have an offer! However if you're looking for the University of Bristol, you need to head over to this forum. We're UWE Bristol, another university based in the same city :h:

Thanks,

Lois
Hi, I am interested in applying to study a Masters in Marketing. Writing my personal statement at the moment... not sure on how long it should be. Anyone else doing the same thing or got any advice?
Have received an offer for MSc Economics
Reply 14
Hi lois,

I am planning to study graphic design at uni hopefully next September. Do you do a graphics course at UWE?? What is the uni renowned for, academia or art and design? Or both?? And what are the entry requirements for graphic communication if you do it? Thanks !:smile:
Original post by aliyah97
Hi, I am interested in applying to study a Masters in Marketing. Writing my personal statement at the moment... not sure on how long it should be. Anyone else doing the same thing or got any advice?

Hi @aliyah97,

Great to hear that you're considering studying a Masters at UWE Bristol!

In terms of your personal statement, I would advise following this guidance from Prospects on what to include, recommended length etc. - however our Admissions team might be able to give you some more advice specific to your course. Please get in touch with them on [email protected] / +44 (0)117 32 83333.

Hope that helps,

Lois
Original post by ankursharma
Have received an offer for MSc Economics

Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Original post by evie08
Hi lois,

I am planning to study graphic design at uni hopefully next September. Do you do a graphics course at UWE?? What is the uni renowned for, academia or art and design? Or both?? And what are the entry requirements for graphic communication if you do it? Thanks !:smile:

Hi @evie08,

I have responded to you on another thread with more information about the course - I hope that helps! Can I just confirm that it is the BA(Hons) undergraduate Graphic Design course you're interested in?

If so, then the entry requirements are 112 UCAS tariff points. Find out more about the course here.

Hope that helps!

Lois
Reply 18
What are the contact hours for MSc marketing?
Or are there any students you could put me in contact with who have studied the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending