The Student Room Group

16 year old Huddersfield schoolboy attacks 15 year old

Scroll to see replies

As bad as it looks I don't think it should be plastered all over the internet.
Also the bullies name should be protected.
He is 16 years old. I done incredibly stupid stuff when I was that age due to my own stupidity.
This should of been dealt with by the police and the school not via public humiliation and shaming these are kids.
Also I only watched the censored video but I got far worse and delt far worse then that when I was at school and defiantly saw far worse.
....I suppose I have to say that I'm not trying to justify the bullies actions blablabla.

Also apparently Jeremy Vine said he was considering publicising the bullies(a child) name. Doesn't surprise me with that self righteous prick.

Hopefully the bully will get help and taught better so he doesn't end up with a life that will lead to crime. Although I suspect people on here will just say throw him in prison now. :grumble:

Edit:

As a 'adult' I can say most of the bullies at my school ended up in serious trouble with the police.
So either it needs to be dealt with at school or we just shun them for acting like that at school and wait for them to be adults.
It would be interesting to hear from a psychologist on here as to why kids resort to bullying. It's usually because they have serious problems of their own or are even getting bullied at home from my limited experience.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by londonmyst
School bullies are vicious and sadistic, specially the teenager ones.
They act as if they are all powerful- above the law and all the normal rules that everyone else has to live by.
The longer school teachers let them get away with abusing and attacking victims, the more brutal and brazen they get.
It is not a question of understanding, they know what they are doing and delight in the suffering that they cause.

Agreed. It’s all true, sadly.

Was just pointing out that the brains of 16 year olds weren’t as developed, so I was saying that most 16 year olds can manage to behave and respect.
Original post by Johnny English
If this was two English Yorkshire lads fighting then no one would be in the slightest bit bothered .
Sprinkle a bit of "racially motivated star dust on two 15 year old kids " and you have a national debate .
I know kids who've had teeth knocked out ...fingers broken ...noses broken and no one was any the wiser......it's the magic of racial reform that's blown this out of all proportion .
It's ridiculous .

But this wasn't a fight, was it. A much bigger guy shits on a much smaller guy.
Original post by yudothis
But this wasn't a fight, was it. A much bigger guy shits on a much smaller guy.

You're right school fights are usually much worse the kid got pushed over and got a load of water in his face.
The bully could of punched him but didn't. People are claiming he was waterboarded they are delusional. He was on the ground for about 4-7 seconds. The entire clip is like 30 secs long.

I would really liked to have gone to some of the schools that you guys went to if you consider this type of behaviour as 'shocking'. and 'violent beyond belief'
Original post by adam277
You're right school fights are usually much worse the kid got pushed over and got a load of water in his face.
The bully could of punched him but didn't. People are claiming he was waterboarded they are delusional. He was on the ground for about 4-7 seconds. The entire clip is like 30 secs long.

I would really liked to have gone to some of the schools that you guys went to if you consider this type of behaviour as 'shocking'. and 'violent beyond belief'

I see you're a real tough guy. Enjoy being tough.
I see you're a real tough guy. Enjoy being tough.

What do you mean by that? Lol.

Surely even you have seen school fights worse then that in what ever school you got sent to. Heck you are right I wouldn't even class that as a fight just a older student being a ****.
Original post by RazzzBerries
Agreed. It’s all true, sadly.
Was just pointing out that the brains of 16 year olds weren’t as developed, so I was saying that most 16 year olds can manage to behave and respect.

You think 16 year old who abuse by their parents or been in the care system. Would behave the same as a 16 year old who has been raised in a loving home. Shock the 16 year who been abuse will some time attack other and commit crime. Most young offenders have been in care or abuse.
Original post by adam277

Surely even you have seen school fights worse then that in what ever school you got sent to. Heck you are right I wouldn't even class that as a fight just a older student being a ****.

It's not a fight. It's a one way attack.

And no, it's not actually water boarding, but that's immaterial.

The little kid also has his wrist in a cast from where previous attacks had broken his arm. That counts as pretty violent in most places.

Just because it's not the most violent thing you've seen does not mean it's not an attack, that it's not bullying, and (in this case) that it's not a racially aggravated attack.

Struggling to see what your point is, unless it's "I'm a colossal arse".
Original post by Drewski
It's not a fight. It's a one way attack.

And no, it's not actually water boarding, but that's immaterial.

The little kid also has his wrist in a cast from where previous attacks had broken his arm. That counts as pretty violent in most places.

Just because it's not the most violent thing you've seen does not mean it's not an attack, that it's not bullying, and (in this case) that it's not a racially aggravated attack.

Struggling to see what your point is, unless it's "I'm a colossal arse".

I was unaware that the cast was a result of previous attacks. In which case the school has to answer for that.
Well I guess you are right I am wrong...
I did say that it was not bullying
I did say that it was not racially aggravated.
I did say it was not a attack.

OH WAIT
I didn't say any of that and I even said in my previous post
" ...I suppose I have to say that I'm not trying to justify the bullies actions blablabla."

I think in your rush to jump on your high horse you may have landed on your arse.

Also what is it we actually disagree on with this?
My views are
The bully was in the wrong and needs to be dealt with.
The police/school should deal with it but it should not be a trial by social media.
The bully needs help as well.
That's it.
There's no evidence that race was a factor.

The start of the video you can hear the "bully" say something to suggest it is revenge for something.

People who think this qualifies as harsh bullying should have spent some time at my school. Would be a real eye opener and give them some perspective.
Original post by Jebedee

The start of the video you can hear the "bully" say something to suggest it is revenge for something.

People who think this qualifies as harsh bullying should have spent some time at my school. Would be a real eye opener and give them some perspective.

It is actually ridiculous that some people on this thread are angry over this incident getting so much attention on social media. You and many others saying things along the lines of “it’s just water, it was just a few seconds, oh boo hoo look at the bullying that takes place in my school, it’s so much worse” are clearly bitter over this young boy receiving attention and support. What is the problem with you all?

Anyone supporting the young boy who has been attacked has also quite clearly stated that they don’t support bullying in general; whether that’s done to a Syrian refugee or someone born and raised in Britain. In fact, why don’t you find one person on this thread who thinks only refugees and racial minorities deserve attention when it comes to bullying? No one. The report from his lawyer quite clearly states that this was not just a one time incident. His arm is in a cast (probably from a previous encounter) and his sister has attempted suicide.

Get over the fact that people have empathy for him and his family. No child should have to experience this, but instead of trying to downplay what he and his sister have been through and spreading hatred, why don’t you set up your own social campaign against bullying in all schools if it bothers you so much?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Blackpanther93
Is it really the parents fault?

His mum was actually found charged with racially aggravated assault or something along those lines before...
Original post by Jebedee

His Facebook and Twitter is full of Britain First, Tommy Robinson and other far right propaganda material. And it just so happens this very person beats up a Muslim refugee from Syria, coincidence? I don't think so.
Yes race probably was not a factor but the fact that he is a refugee and Muslim certainly are factors. He won't admit it directly because he knows he will be ****ed if he does but his personality clearly shown via his social media says a lot about the bully.
Reply 73
Original post by Jebedee

I find that people who usually shout "it's not a racially motivated attack!" just want to protect their own group of race from backlash.

The school in Huddersfield must be full of white kids, a good 90% of the classes would be. You can tell the kid is keeping himself to himself, and one of his arms are even bandaged up. And yet, the Syrian kid gets picked on and bullied....and you shout "there's no evidence that race was a factor"???????

You even quote the word bully lol...are you a secret racist yourself? Or do you find it so difficult to comprehend the fact that white people who are living amongst you can be racist?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by adam277

So tough.
So tough.

Thanks. I wasn't expecting another compliment repeating exactly what you already said.

Nice debating skills man keep it up!
Original post by adam277
Thanks. I wasn't expecting another compliment repeating exactly what you already said.

Nice debating skills man keep it up!

Wouldn't wanna get in a debate with such a tough guy.
Original post by looloo2134
You think 16 year old who abuse by their parents or been in the care system. Would behave the same as a 16 year old who has been raised in a loving home. Shock the 16 year who been abuse will some time attack other and commit crime. Most young offenders have been in care or abuse.

I'm saying we all know the difference between right and wrong. Heard of correlation not cause? Sure, there may be a correlation between abused kids/kids in care and attacks/crimes committed, but it's not the actual cause. The ACTUAL cause is stupidity. I know a lot of kids in care and I know they're smart enough not to do horrible things like this, despite their circumstances.
Reply 78
There is a juvenline detention center as per https://www.gov.uk/young-people-in-custody . This is basically a prison for under-18s who commit a serious crime.

How did this attack occur? Physical or verbal attack? For a physical attack, they should be sent however, for a verbal attack, education is required... maybe community service is an idea. Even adults, they are not sent to prison unless their crime is very serious, just not enough space these days :wink:
Original post by RazzzBerries
I'm saying we all know the difference between right and wrong. Heard of correlation not cause? Sure, there may be a correlation between abused kids/kids in care and attacks/crimes committed, but it's not the actual cause. The ACTUAL cause is stupidity. I know a lot of kids in care and I know they're smart enough not to do horrible things like this, despite their circumstances.

It is a fact that abuse children are more likely to be bullies if child is being hit at home they go to school maybe hurt another child. if you work in Youth Offender you know that most have been in care or abuse. It the minority of people who been abuse or in care as children who do well in adult life a lot end up homeless, unemployed almost none go to university.

The people you know who in care are not the once I meet or my friend who look after over 40 children. Only one child she look after has none well in adult life but he was not abused he father died so he ended up in care.

Quick Reply

Latest