I would go for Lancaster

Why?
Reply 4
Original post by bubblecat
Loughborough

How come?
Original post by Mouseyx
How come?

Currently - it’s higher up the league tables than Lancaster if that means anything to you. From my personal opinion I believe the staff/students at Loughborough are so welcoming and happy they really make you feel at home. Plus, their courses are amazing and I really like the look of their campus/students union/accommodation

Obviously it’s all subjective, but I personally would choose Loughborough :smile: Good luck deciding!
For what course? If you were doing sports science for example, Loughborough seems the obvious option; even if not, they have a strong STEM and art/design suite beyond that. Lancaster may be stronger in other areas though...as far as actual student life etc, this is probably a matter of personal taste. Not sure how big Lancaster is but I've heard Loughborough has somewhat limited offerings for non-university stuff, if that's important.
Reply 7
Original post by bubblecat
Currently - it’s higher up the league tables than Lancaster if that means anything to you. From my personal opinion I believe the staff/students at Loughborough are so welcoming and happy they really make you feel at home. Plus, their courses are amazing and I really like the look of their campus/students union/accommodation

Obviously it’s all subjective, but I personally would choose Loughborough :smile: Good luck deciding!

Oooo thankyou! I want to do politics!
Original post by Mouseyx
Oooo thankyou! I want to do politics!

Where else are you considering? :smile:
The league table/prestige differences between Lancaster and Loughborough are negligible.

You should decide based on which university environment you prefer and which course you prefer.

Nobody on here knows you well enough to tell you which one suits you more - it's something you need to work out for yourself.
Reply 10
Original post by artful_lounger
For what course? If you were doing sports science for example, Loughborough seems the obvious option; even if not, they have a strong STEM and art/design suite beyond that. Lancaster may be stronger in other areas though...as far as actual student life etc, this is probably a matter of personal taste. Not sure how big Lancaster is but I've heard Loughborough has somewhat limited offerings for non-university stuff, if that's important.

Politics!
First and foremost I would pay little if any attention to league tables, they're virtually often inactive and cannot speak for every course, plus they go up and down all the time, but I've got a friend who goes to Loughborough and personally loves it, he's doing Quantity Surveying.
Reply 12
Original post by Dog With Shades
First and foremost I would pay little if any attention to league tables, they're virtually often inactive and cannot speak for every course, plus they go up and down all the time, but I've got a friend who goes to Loughborough and personally loves it, he's doing Quantity Surveying.

Ooooooo thankyou!! I think if I like the course when I go it's more likely to be my second choice behind Leeds! So excited... thankyou
Original post by Mouseyx
Ooooooo thankyou!! I think if I like the course when I go it's more likely to be my second choice behind Leeds! So excited... thank you

If you’re picking an insurance choice then find out your chances of getting a place in halls as an insurance student. Universities are very different about what they guarantee and how much they will help you.
Reply 14
Thankyou!! My brothers at uni atm and said something similar, I think it's a good thing I'm choosing between those two for my insurance as they've both got fab accommodation so even if I don't get my first choice accommodation I'll still be in a nice safe place. It's also why I'm glad Im puttting Leeds first, I got the impression I want to get what I want there as it's city centre so it's nice to pick somewhere central and safer x Thankyou x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending