The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Health Professions Foundation Year

Hello, is anyone else looking to apply or already applied for this course for 2019? Would be nice to chat with some other people in the same boat!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beth242
Hello, is anyone else looking to apply or already applied for this course for 2019? Would be nice to chat with some other people in the same boat!

Hi @Beth242,

Please check out this thread which was recently started by someone that I believe is considering UWE Bristol for health professions, and I think they attended our open day on Saturday too. Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Lois
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi 🙂 I’m in the middle of completing my application for this! I’m applying for the occupational therapy pathway. Have you already done your application?
Just sent in my application yesterday for children's nursing pathway , how is your application going? Xx
Reply 4
How exciting! Mine’s nearly done, just making sure I’m happy with my personal statement and will be sending it off next week! I wonder how long it will take to hear anything? Xx
Hey! I’m also applying for this! But I’m hoping to go through the mental health nursing pathway! I hope I’ve done enough to show I’m passionate about it!
Original post by bobbi34
How exciting! Mine’s nearly done, just making sure I’m happy with my personal statement and will be sending it off next week! I wonder how long it will take to hear anything? Xx

Personal statement is a tough one aint it! Esp as I haven't done academic writing since about 8 years ago! I am sure yours is great 😁, I was looking it up earlier and apparently you hear back within 14 days regardless if it is an update or an interview invite? Fingers crossed, now next step is preparing incase get an interview 😂 gd luck with PS xx
Reply 7
Hi everyone im still working on my personal statement hoping it won't take too much longer and applying for the midwifery pathway. Are you all local to Bristol or will any of you be commuting for this course?x
Hi :smile: I’m not local so I’m going to be staying in accommodation, what about you? X
Reply 9
Original post by Kirstyrees
Hi :smile: I’m not local so I’m going to be staying in accommodation, what about you? X

I'm not local but have 2 young children so will likely be commuting! Can you stay in student accommodation when doing this course? I didnt even know you could!x
Fair enough! I have no responsibility’s at home so I’m okay to go away haha. And yeah you can! :smile: x
Original post by Beth242
Hi everyone im still working on my personal statement hoping it won't take too much longer and applying for the midwifery pathway. Are you all local to Bristol or will any of you be commuting for this course?x

Hiya, I am local in bristol, do you have to travel far from bristol? Is there any options for same course outside bristol also :smile:? Xx
Reply 12
Original post by chibijan93
Hiya, I am local in bristol, do you have to travel far from bristol? Is there any options for same course outside bristol also :smile:? Xx

Hi, I live in Swindon so not majorly far to travel but enough with balancing the school run and nursery drop off haha! My local college does the access which I'm applying for also but thought I would apply for this to cut out the middle man to be guarnteed a place for midwifery if I get on the course rather than applying directly through my college year xx
Reply 13
I’m from Weston Super Mare so will be commuting if I get offered a place! I’m looking at the Access course too as a back up if I don’t get a place for the foundation programme Xx
Original post by bobbi34
I’m from Weston Super Mare so will be commuting if I get offered a place! I’m looking at the Access course too as a back up if I don’t get a place for the foundation programme Xx

Original post by bobbi34
Hi 🙂 I’m in the middle of completing my application for this! I’m applying for the occupational therapy pathway. Have you already done your application?

Just sent in my application yesterday for children's nursing pathway , how is your application going? Xx

Hey! I’m also applying for this! But I’m hoping to go through the mental health nursing pathway! I hope I’ve done enough to show I’m passionate about it!

Original post by Beth242

Original post by Beth242
I'm not local but have 2 young children so will likely be commuting! Can you stay in student accommodation when doing this course? I didnt even know you could!x

Just to let you know I've moved this to the dedicated UWE forum - lots of helpful chats here :h:

Good luck with your applications :hat2:
Reply 15
Personal statement is a tough one aint it! Esp as I haven't done academic writing since about 8 years ago! I am sure yours is great 😁, I was looking it up earlier and apparently you hear back within 14 days regardless if it is an update or an interview invite? Fingers crossed, now next step is preparing incase get an interview 😂 gd luck with PS xx

Finally happy and submitted my application on Monday! I keep checking the online portal for news, the waiting is going to drive me crazy! Have you had any reply to yours yet? Xx
Original post by bobbi34
Finally happy and submitted my application on Monday! I keep checking the online portal for news, the waiting is going to drive me crazy! Have you had any reply to yours yet? Xx

Yay!! Good luck! Nope nothing yet still under review its been over a week, UWE says usually within 14 days, so fingers crossed, cause it's driving me insane too! lol, anticipating for the interview is driving me nuts already as it is haha! hope you hear back soon keep us updated Xx
Reply 17
Yay!! Good luck! Nope nothing yet still under review its been over a week, UWE says usually within 14 days, so fingers crossed, cause it's driving me insane too! lol, anticipating for the interview is driving me nuts already as it is haha! hope you hear back soon keep us updated Xx

Thank you! Fingers crossed we both hear something back soon, if I get an interview I’ll be a wreck by the time it comes round! Xx
Reply 18
I got an interview through this morning for the 15th January 🎉 So nervous but excited too!! Xx
Original post by bobbi34
Thank you! Fingers crossed we both hear something back soon, if I get an interview I’ll be a wreck by the time it comes round! Xx

Just got an interview for the 5th mar wonder why yours is so close and mines so far 😂 xx
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending