The Student Room Group

Official Imperial College 2019/20 Postgraduate Applicants Thread

Doesn't seem like there's a thread for this yet so lets start one up!

We can use this to track their offer policies and help each other out with timelines and stuff like that. Apparently they're on a new system this year so it's a little slower.

What have you guys applied for and what are your backgrounds?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi everyone, I was actually wondering if anyone has submitted their application and managed to track it? The steps on the website don't seem that clear :/
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by EmTad
Hi everyone, I was actually wondering if anyone has submitted their application and managed to track it? The steps on the website don't seem that clear :/

I have yes. You submit the application which is mostly just personal details, then separately upload all of your documents after you submit when it asks you to
Reply 3
Original post by Kits
I have yes. You submit the application which is mostly just personal details, then separately upload all of your documents after you submit when it asks you to

Thanks for the reply! I have actually managed to submit everything but I can't seem to track the application anywhere, what about you?
Reply 4
Original post by EmTad
Thanks for the reply! I have actually managed to submit everything but I can't seem to track the application anywhere, what about you?

On the main "my account" part there's a tracker and for you will probably say "document submission and checks" and will turn to "complete" after they've been checked and the application is with the department.. that's about as much tracking as i've been able to do
Reply 5
Original post by Kits
On the main "my account" part there's a tracker and for you will probably say "document submission and checks" and will turn to "complete" after they've been checked and the application is with the department.. that's about as much tracking as i've been able to do

Thanks, yeah same here, I think with the old system you were actually able to track the following steps like: "under consideration" or "accepted/non accepted", but apparently this one is slightly different
Reply 6
Original post by EmTad
Thanks, yeah same here, I think with the old system you were actually able to track the following steps like: "under consideration" or "accepted/non accepted", but apparently this one is slightly different

Yeah its a new system i think. Hopefully we hear back soon

What did you apply for?
Reply 7
Bioeng, what about you?
Reply 8
Original post by EmTad
Bioeng, what about you?

comp sci
Reply 9
Original post by Kits
comp sci

Cool! Good luck then and lets keep posted
Reply 10
Seems as though these types of threads are quieter than previous years. Hopefully that means less competition somehow, lol
Reply 11
Hi Guys,
I received my offer from MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering program today.

Below is my timeline:
Applied on 7th Nov, 1st reference arrived 7th Nov, 2nd arrived 16th Nov, 27th Nov both references approved, 29th my application pack was received by the department, 6th Dec send an email confirming that I will attend the open day event in Feb, 7th Dec received an interview invitation on 14th Dec, had my interview on 14th, get a follow-up email for admission recommendation to the college on 18th, 20th finally received my offer letter from gateway.

I'm torn down between another MSc High Performance Computing from Trinity College Dublin. I'm from China and I want a job after my master graduation for better work life balance. I heard that there are lots of job opportunites in Ireland.

Feel free to contact me. I will check TSR weekly.
Original post by jshalyf
Hi Guys,
I received my offer from MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering program today.

Below is my timeline:
Applied on 7th Nov, 1st reference arrived 7th Nov, 2nd arrived 16th Nov, 27th Nov both references approved, 29th my application pack was received by the department, 6th Dec send an email confirming that I will attend the open day event in Feb, 7th Dec received an interview invitation on 14th Dec, had my interview on 14th, get a follow-up email for admission recommendation to the college on 18th, 20th finally received my offer letter from gateway.

I'm torn down between another MSc High Performance Computing from Trinity College Dublin. I'm from China and I want a job after my master graduation for better work life balance. I heard that there are lots of job opportunites in Ireland.

Feel free to contact me. I will check TSR weekly.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your timeline! Let us know what you decide.
Anybody heard back from Imperial yet? I applied early November and both of my references were submitted on the same day. It seems that compared to other universities, Imperial hasn’t given a lot of offers out.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by uzman.4321
Anybody heard back from Imperial yet? I applied on the 1st of November and both of my references were submitted on the same day. It seems that compared to other universities, Imperial hasn’t given a lot of offers out.

I applied on the 19th of November with both of my references too and my application's state still says "document submission and checks". Did yours at least become "completed" even if you have not received an offer yet?
Original post by Norss
I applied on the 19th of November with both of my references too and my application's state still says "document submission and checks". Did yours at least become "completed" even if you have not received an offer yet?

Yep, my application status changed to 'completed' two weeks afterwards, straight after my first reference was approved. My second reference was approved around 2 days later even though they we're both submitted on the same day. If your status hasn't changed yet after all this time, i would consider contacting Imperial since they say in the email it usually takes them 2 weeks to approve documents and to contact them if they take longer.
(edited 5 years ago)
mph offer?
Reply 17
Hi all, anyone out here who applied for Imperial Business School? I did my Kira interview for Strategic Marketing last week and was wondering how long the wait is from now on.
Reply 18
I "applied" a while back but never got around to uploading all the documents - probably within the week, hope it's not too late
Reply 19
Original post by mardoo
Hi all, anyone out here who applied for Imperial Business School? I did my Kira interview for Strategic Marketing last week and was wondering how long the wait is from now on.

I have applied for the same course! I just submitted it 2 weeks ago. How long did you wait for an interview call?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending