The Student Room Group

Best website for GCSE Maths revision? (like myMaths?)

Hi, I'm looking for websites for GCSE Maths revision, ones that include lots of exercises, practise questions etc. Eg: If i need to revise algebra, I can find several papers/worksheets filled with algebra exercises/practise questions (answer sheet included) and so on. If the website also has past papers, that's a bonus, but i know where to find those easily anyway

My school isn't subscribed to anything like myMaths, so I need one that I can just create a free personal account with, or that is just public and open

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Fwd
Hi, I'm looking for websites for GCSE Maths revision, ones that include lots of exercises, practise questions etc. Eg: If i need to revise algebra, I can find several papers/worksheets filled with algebra exercises/practise questions (answer sheet included) and so on. If the website also has past papers, that's a bonus, but i know where to find those easily anyway

My school isn't subscribed to anything like myMaths, so I need one that I can just create a free personal account with, or that is just public and open

drfrostmaths is pretty good
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766
drfrostmaths is pretty good

Thanks for the suggestion, but for all the good parts of the website you need to sign in with a school, which I can't do :frown: Thanks though!
Reply 3
Original post by Fwd

Unfortunately, the majority of Maths websites of this description require some sort of payment to get full access to the most useful features that they offer. Maths Genie and Mr Barton Maths are good, but if you PM me I can give you my friend's Maths Watch account which would probably be your best bet.

Also, I don't know whether you're exclusively looking for websites to help you with Maths revision, but as I'm sure that you know, CGP's revision guides and practice workbooks offer what you're looking for and if it is the price that concerns you, just know that you won't have to spend more than 20 pounds to get all of the books that you need which I'm sure is manageable if you save up.
Original post by Fwd
Thanks for the suggestion, but for all the good parts of the website you need to sign in with a school, which I can't do :frown: Thanks though!

You can get practise questions without signing in with a school?
Hi I wouldn’t actually recommend websites, I’d recommend printing off or just viewing online as many past papers as you can. I know that the gcse is now the new spec but there are sample papers on the exam board website and also the majority of old gcse papers will still be relevant. I tried to use a website to revise for my chemistry mock and completely flunked it so for me it didn’t work at all, that’s not saying it won’t for you. But past papers and practice questions are scientifically proven to be the best way to revise. Good luck:smile:
Original post by squembalina
Hi I wouldn’t actually recommend websites, I’d recommend printing off or just viewing online as many past papers as you can. I know that the gcse is now the new spec but there are sample papers on the exam board website and also the majority of old gcse papers will still be relevant. I tried to use a website to revise for my chemistry mock and completely flunked it so for me it didn’t work at all, that’s not saying it won’t for you. But past papers and practice questions are scientifically proven to be the best way to revise. Good luck:smile:

Yeah - OP is asking for websites that have lots of practise questions on them.
Reply 7
Original post by Bill Nye
You can get practise questions without signing in with a school?

Really? From what I could tell there wasn't much on the website that didn't require a log in with school details D: I'll look again, maybe i was being dumb haha thanks!
hegarty maths :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Sigmah
Unfortunately, the majority of Maths websites of this description require some sort of payment to get full access to the most useful features that they offer. Maths Genie and Mr Barton Maths are good, but if you PM me I can give you my friend's Maths Watch account which would probably be your best bet.

Also, I don't know whether you're exclusively looking for websites to help you with Maths revision, but as I'm sure that you know, CGP's revision guides and practice workbooks offer what you're looking for and if it is the price that concerns you, just know that you won't have to spend more than 20 pounds to get all of the books that you need which I'm sure is manageable if you save up.

Ahh Mathsgenie seems to be great! thanks! :smile:
But yeah, i understand that i am asking a lot for a free website with everything on it haha. I do actually have acsess to the online version of the student book/text book 9-1 maths, so that's good.

thanks for the reply and recomending mathsgenie!
mathsgenie
hegartymaths
physics and maths tutor
Original post by Fwd
Really? From what I could tell there wasn't much on the website that didn't require a log in with school details D: I'll look again, maybe i was being dumb haha thanks!

Press register then other
Reply 12
Original post by Bill Nye
Press register then other

O god how did i not see that hahahah cheers man, Mr Spy!
Original post by Fwd

Corbett maths is really good,, u don’t need to be with a school and has free exercises and past papers
Corbett Maths is really good,it has videos attatche to each set of questions so if you get stuck you know how to do it
Original post by rebekah_.xo
Corbett Maths is really good,it has videos attatche to each set of questions so if you get stuck you know how to do it

This thread is 5 months old :redface:
Original post by thestudent33
This thread is 5 months old :redface:

yh sorry aha,I’m new to Student Room,realised it was 5 months old and have no idea how to delete comments :smile:
Original post by rebekah_.xo
yh sorry aha,I’m new to Student Room,realised it was 5 months old and have no idea how to delete comments :smile:

Don't worry, you don't need to delete them, it's fine :h:

Quick Reply

Latest