The Student Room Group

Should I forgive her?

My girlfriend went clubbing with her friends from uni. At the start of our relationship I told her that i believed grinding with other guys was cheating and although she didn't see grinding as cheating, she promised that she would not do it. We've been dating for over a year now.While out clubbing, she danced (grinded) with several of her guy friends, one of the guys kissed her. She pulled away. But then later on in the night she grinded with him again. Then he kissed her again. She moved away again (or so she says). Then she took his jacket and he walked her home. (apparently nothing else happened). I love her so much but is this forgivable?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Warning flags. Talk to her.
Reply 2
Original post by kg00105
Warning flags. Talk to her.

I have. We spoke for hours. It took a few days for her to tell me everything because ''she was scared telling me everything would make me never forgive her''.
She's been crying and having panic attacks constantly. She went back home (to another country!) to spend a bit of time with her parents because she was scared of what she might do when alone.
Has she done this/ anything like this before?
Original post by jac_grca
My girlfriend went clubbing with her friends from uni. At the start of our relationship I told her that i believed grinding with other guys was cheating and although she didn't see grinding as cheating, she promised that she would not do it. We've been dating for over a year now.While out clubbing, she danced (grinded) with several of her guy friends, one of the guys kissed her. She pulled away. But then later on in the night she grinded with him again. Then he kissed her again. She moved away again (or so she says). Then she took his jacket and he walked her home. (apparently nothing else happened). I love her so much but is this forgivable?

That's up to you to decide. She did something that you class as cheating. Can you see yourself being with someone who you say has cheated on you? Can you trust her again? These are all things you need to think about and decide on.
Reply 5
Original post by Alexandraxoxo
Has she done this/ anything like this before?

No, apparently not.
i mean..she did kiss him twice. grinded on him twice. she knew what she was doing. and she didn't tell you all that happened. by the time she grinded why would she pull away from a kiss lmao. something doesn't add up.

now she's crying and having 'panic attacks'. victim much?

dump her
(edited 5 years ago)
massive red flag bro. I wouldn't take it, but that's for you to decide. Good luck with everything
Reply 8
Original post by DrawTheLine
That's up to you to decide. She did something that you class as cheating. Can you see yourself being with someone who you say has cheated on you? Can you trust her again? These are all things you need to think about and decide on.

I know :frown:
but it's not even just the grinding. She grinded with a guy that clearly showed interest in her. I don't know what to do.
but it's not even just the grinding. She grinded with a guy that clearly showed interest in her. I don't know what to do.

Personally if I were you I would break up with her. The trust is gone in my opinion. And a relationship can't survive without trust.
Reply 10
Original post by I'mComingOxford
i mean..she did kiss him twice. grinded on him twice. she knew what she was doing. and she didn't tell you all that happened. by the time she grinded why would she pull away from a kiss lmao. something doesn't add up.

now she's crying and having 'panic attacks'. victim much?

dump her

Apparently it was just a peck on the lips. The second kiss happened when they left the club and they were waiting for the other half of the group.
I can't believe he would do that either. He knew we were dating, we went out as a group to watch movies and ****.
She gradually told me over the course of a few days. She was afraid i'd make my mind up to quickly or some ****.
If he tried to kiss her, then it's showing her that it's not just fun and games for him, but she continued to do it knowing full well he was interested.
Reply 12
Original post by michelevetrano18
massive red flag bro. I wouldn't take it, but that's for you to decide. Good luck with everything

thanks man.
In your shoes I wouldn't.

The first kiss I would say could be a genuine mistake/forgiveable - especially if she pulled away. But the fact she then went back to dancing with this same guy again shows a complete lack of respect toward you. She should've realised the same thing would happen again and yet she still went ahead and put herself in that situation. She was probably enjoying the attention.
Reply 14
Original post by pemzy
If he tried to kiss her, then it's showing her that it's not just fun and games for him, but she continued to do it knowing full well he was interested.

Yes i know. However she told me that this guy went around giving 'pecks' on the lip to all the other girls there. It wasn't just her. And i believe her tbh- because he's the type to do that. But everyone else in their ''friendship'' group is single...
Yes i know. However she told me that this guy went around giving 'pecks' on the lip to all the other girls there. It wasn't just her. And i believe her tbh- because he's the type to do that. But everyone else in their ''friendship'' group is single...

Us that really the sort of guy you'd be dancing with though?
Reply 16
Original post by sinfonietta
In your shoes I wouldn't.

The first kiss I would say could be a genuine mistake/forgiveable - especially if she pulled away. But the fact she then went back to dancing with this same guy again shows a complete lack of respect toward you. She should've realised the same thing would happen again and yet she still went ahead and put herself in that situation. She was probably enjoying the attention.

But we had something so ****ing special and I don't want it to end.
break up with her. She broke your trust and then obviously didn't care enough as she did it again, AND then when he came onto her again she didn't fall out with him. If she really cared she'd have told the bloke to **** off. But she didn't, so the only reason she would be so distraught now is that she's realised it's probably going to be over
Reply 18
Original post by DerivativeName
break up with her. She broke your trust and then obviously didn't care enough as she did it again, AND then when he came onto her again she didn't fall out with him. If she really cared she'd have told the bloke to **** off. But she didn't, so the only reason she would be so distraught now is that she's realised it's probably going to be over

i told her exactly what you said. She said she was afraid her friends would not want to go out with her again. She was scared of saying no to them. And she was drunk and bla bla bla
No doubt there's something wrong here but that doesn't give you can't give her a second chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending